Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the reason then they must have been pretty much fed up from day 1 of the disappearance cause besides the b grade actors and wanting to be normal not much else was said.
Yes, maybe they were (..fed up from Day1). Put yourself in their shoes for a moment: they may know for sure / or suspect that their own son is responsible for the death of his wife. They may even be involved themselves. At any rate, what has hitherto probably been a fairly calm and pleasant reitrement has now changed forever. They are not young, may not be particularly financially flash - and have the welfare of 3 little grandkinds to think about into the bargain. They could well have been caught up in this nightmare inadvertently, never expecting any existing family problem(s) to spiral out of control in such a hideous manner. I think I'd be feeling pretty fed up too, frankly. The last thing I'd want to have to cope with would be the curious / prying / censorious / judgemental eyes of the public. Besides, everyone expresses grief, anxiety, sorrow (even joy) in different ways. For example, many appear to believe that ABC was suffering emotionally in her marriage - yet no-one apparently recognised that she was in any danger of any kind, or could no longer cope with her own situation, not even her best friend of many years standing.

Going back to the dry wedding......
Can't handle their alcohol = Alcohol induced rage???

Moo Moo

its been bugging the crap out of me..there is NO substantiation or the alcoholic rage scenario.
without any info whatsoever, lets assume that the BC's drink like the average aussie, (and I'm 'dancing wide' on this one, talking about your typical aussie who has a regular drink), now this could be:

not much during the week, and occasional big night at parties or with friends..or

a glass or two of wine most nights, sometimes on weekends having a big one...or

gets pissed on a regular basis

sticking with this scenario, I have trouble believing they would have a dry wedding. In fact I would bet $100 that this type of 'typical aussie' wouldnt have a dry wedding.

So, what sort of people have a dry wedding? (and here I am lost at sea...hahaha so please bear with me if I make no sense) we have:

1. religious reasons

sorry, I got nothing else

I wonder after the publishings in todays CM, whether we are going to see some more drip feeding of stories in the next week, leading up to arrest/s... Just my ponderings..(JMP, lol)

strange moral standards...its ok to kill your wife, but don't drink and drvie...you'd be a bloody idiot!!

Continue it on...he'd be a whole lot more than a bloody idiot if he drove with a dead body in back of his car ....

Scenario...GBC drunk as a skunky...driving erratically...police officer pulls him over for a RBT...blow in the bag...& after you've done that could you tell me what's in the back of your car??....you are under arrest...

GBC goes straight to jail...

Nup he hates that idea......so he calls for help after he killed Allison to move her body.

His phone calls that night would be damn interesting....

ps...mods...explanation for "bloody idiot"...campaign advertising in Aus states "if you drink & drive you're a bloody idiot".

I feel that the broadcast of the funeral and the subsequent quietness of the media has provoked us to speculate.

It was said in an earlier thread: "this case offends our collective consciousness". IMO we are legally entitled to have an opinion about it. It is in the TOS of this forum that we must state IMO (in my opinion) or MOO (my opinion only) etc. We learned in an earlier post that a Criminal Court will convict/not convict based on the judgement of 'evidence' put before The Court, not public opinion, lynch mob opinion or local gossip.

I agree with both of you...the full quote from Justice Paul Coghlan says it so perfectly I think even though his words were about Arthur Freeman.

Justice Paul Coghlan... “You brought the broader community into this case in a way that has been rarely, if ever, seen before. It offends our collective conscience.”

I wonder after the publishings in todays CM, whether we are going to see some more drip feeding of stories in the next week, leading up to arrest/s... Just my ponderings..(JMP, lol)

I agree with your thoughts. They'll want something in the news every day (the media outlets will anyway!) as every day there's been an article it has been the number one most popular article all day long online.

And hopefully it's the police doing the feeding as it suits their case.

its been bugging the crap out of me..there is NO substantiation or the alcoholic rage scenario.
without any info whatsoever, lets assume that the BC's drink like the average aussie, (and I'm 'dancing wide' on this one, talking about your typical aussie who has a regular drink), now this could be:

not much during the week, and occasional big night at parties or with friends..or

a glass or two of wine most nights, sometimes on weekends having a big one...or

gets pissed on a regular basis

sticking with this scenario, I have trouble believing they would have a dry wedding. In fact I would bet $100 that this type of 'typical aussie' wouldnt have a dry wedding.

So, what sort of people have a dry wedding? (and here I am lost at sea...hahaha so please bear with me if I make no sense) we have:

1. religious reasons

sorry, I got nothing else

My hubby's 1st wedding was dry. Quite bizarre given his family love a social drink! His ex wifes family were both Salvation Army & Masons. Not sure which of the two tipped the scales with regard to alcohol. No music permissible either. When his family left they continued the party ;)

Oh and hubby is what I would consider a 'typical Aussie'!!

I agree with both of you...the full quote from Justice Paul Coghlan says it so perfectly I think even though his words were about Arthur Freeman.

Justice Paul Coghlan... “You brought the broader community into this case in a way that has been rarely, if ever, seen before. It offends our collective conscience.”

:hero:

Where is the compassion for a husband who has lost his wife and the mother of his children? Until he is arrested/charged/convicted, he is still a victim. Where is the compassion for the BCs who have lost their DIL?

<modsnip>?

I believe people are hesitant to state their concern for him even when they feel sympathy for him as an innocent man. unfortunately he is portrayed through the media and grapevine as a disrespectful, philandering self centered man. On top of that, his actions and the actions of nearly EVERY SINGLE BUSINESS ASSOCIATE/FRIEND/NEIGHBOUR/COMMUNITY CONTACTS/GENERAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS OVER HIS 40 ODD YEARS seem to indicate that no one wants a bar of him...NO ONE..even his own family, whilst not turning him away, couldn't be described as definitively supportive...they are perhaps only supportive in their TOTAL SILENCE, its not so much that they state their believe and faith in him, they kind of just pot around and say sweet F all. There are plenty of reasons why they aren't receiving a single ounce of compassion IMO, and most of it is of their own doing

So it has nothing to do with the case? or does it? Thanks.

I assume you are referring to the dry wedding.

When it was announced a few weeks ago it was just an observation. However if reasons for a dry wedding were because either couldn't handle their drinking then it could be related to activities on the night in question.
It's all a rather big "what if", but about as relevant as half the other theories on here.

I assume you are referring to the dry wedding.

When it was announced a few weeks ago it was just an observation. However if reasons for a dry wedding were because either couldn't handle their drinking then it could be related to activities on the night in question.
It's all a rather big "what if", but about as relevant as half the other theories on here.

lol..true really. I didn't see the fuss over the dry wedding. IF its for reasons of drinking problems, then possibly it COULD be related..But both are really just speculation pulled out of the air. Then again as you say,s o have a few other things over the course of 14 threads on this topic!

I agree with your thoughts. They'll want something in the news every day (the media outlets will anyway!) as every day there's been an article it has been the number one most popular article all day long online.

And hopefully it's the police doing the feeding as it suits their case.

Yep. My thoughts, as an arrest/s looms closer(PLease lets hope)..I think there may be some freeing up of stories that so far seems to have been kept quiet.

I think people could start assuming, based on previous posts, that maybe alcohol was an historic issue?? IMO not sure....don't believe it has anything related to the case though, purely speculation

It is good speculation and always probable, however, I am of the opposite opinion, IMO, I think the entire alcohol concept complete crap. Whilst there has been an enormous amount of discussion regarding GBC's alcoholism and rages...the only time EVER, that alcohol has been mentioned from the day Allison went missing was when it was reported (factually) that they had a dry wedding.
THIS is the info we should be using in our sleuthing, not the whole alcoholic violent crazy man scenario....
Its very possible (these guys cover this stuff up very very well), but its just another pathway with poor lighting and no direction IMO

The reason I was commenting on the dry wedding was that some were intimating that it was because one of the sets of parents were weird. That was how I read it, so I commented.

It is good speculation and always probable, however, I am of the opposite opinion, IMO, I think the entire alcohol concept complete crap. Whilst there has been an enormous amount of discussion regarding GBC's alcoholism and rages...the only time EVER, that alcohol has been mentioned from the day Allison went missing was when it was reported (factually) that they had a dry wedding.
THIS is the info we should be using in our sleuthing, not the whole alcoholic violent crazy man scenario....
Its very possible (these guys cover this stuff up very very well), but its just another pathway with poor lighting and no direction IMO

Yep, I think possibly people are desperate for more facts on this case and so every little thing is being swooped on and at times probably being made a mountain out of a molehill, or something there that maybe isn't.

Who owns the gold Suzuki that was in the last hugging photo, it's the same one the hypocrite was driving in earlier media videos......does it belong to the sister and hypocrite?

Greg, I would say BC seniors own it. I have seen it in BC seniors carport on day of raid, NBC driving it away from I think the Indro police station, and leaving BC seniors house.
IMO

in relation to the talk that ABC and GBC didn't drink anymore because they are teetotallers or avoiding alcohol because they have big drinking problems blah blah blah...... I think this is totally unverified rumour and in all probability BULL*****.,..my reason for thinking this is very simple and maybe also BULL*****, however, I think its as simple as going through their online photos of the nights they went out together.

Every photo I have seen of them together has been captured at an exciting event, a dinner party, an events night, a real estate convention, an awards night, A HELL OF A LOT OF FUN TIMES IN OTHER WORDS, and I cant say for sure, but they both look like they have enjoyed the hell out of themselves in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO I HAVE SEEN. In my humble and uneducated opinion

BWDIK

Even if GBC did not do this... I would still find the way he and his family have acted as being very strange. I mean, this is their wife/daughter in law, mother of kids/grandkids and there has been NOTHING!! Even just his family, apart from his sister saying a few things, where were the BC's crying at the loss of the mother of their grandchildren, their son's wife?? It comes across as though they are totally uncaring about the whole thing. Like it's just one big inconvenience to them. What the heck?

If this happened to one of my son/daughter in laws, I'd be both upset for my child loosing their partner & grandkids loosing their mum, and also upset that I'd lost the in law.

It seems they have no feelings. I know some won't agree, but this is my opinion. Where are their tears? Can't they at least cry over the fact those girls have no mother now, regardless of who killed her? All IMO. I'd show more emotion than they have if I saw a dog get run over.

I couldn't agree more, their public response has been quite shocking to me on multiple fronts, no heart felt pleas for Allison's return (apart from her SIL who doesn't even live in the same city), no presence around 'the troops' who rallied so quickly to do whatever they could (ie ie family, friends and police, fire, SES and rescue), no public thanks expressed to all those who devoted so much time and energy (often unpaid and on their own time) to help find Allison and no expression of sorrow for the tragedy that unfolded in their midst. To me, it shows a decided lack of empathy and also a decided lack of appropriate social responses (ie at least try to show some empathy and concern even if you don't feel it). To me, this isn't just a matter of being private people with a different way of responding to tragedy, it shows a deficiency in character at the best and and indication of concealment and involvement in Allison's murder at worst

One Up Man's Ship??? If some posters have professional credentials then KIMSTER has stated previously they need to be verified to claim professional status on this forum.
The level of education of the poster should not matter. People are free to post anyway. Anybody can hold an opinion on this case. Sometimes good sleuthing is done by those with a good 'ear to the ground' or 'nose to the grindstone' intuitive sense anyway - not learned academics. To have a curious mind and desire to ask questions [regardless of education level] is equally important to sleuthing. MOO.

thanks Fuskier...I like that I can state my thoughts here and have some recognition sometimes for my input (when its relevant, and quite frankly, I don't always stay on topic!)

but its important that ANYONE, who cared for Allison or has been affected by Allison's story, can come here and talk to other like minded people without feeling they didn't spend enough time in school to warrant some recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong