LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey's Bike Location - General Location

Great pix..TY! But why are some saying he may have thrown the bike off the bridge into the water when it appears to be so far away from where it was found?

As someone pointed out several threads ago now, human traffickers obtain their cargo by tapping into the number of teen runaways, homeless women, and the like; they just are not in the business of kidnapping middle class young women, whose families will miss them and for whom LE will spend great amounts of time and effort and money looking.

I think it's a stereotype. If you're ever in Singapore, go to Geylang district and listen to how well the ladies there from non-English speaking countries speak English. These ladies probably came from well-to-do families, because those are usually the ones who can afford to provide exceptional educations for their daughters. Or go to the regular shopping malls in Singapore's Chinatown and stroll through the areas with barber poles and listen to the Asian and white ladies when they speak with you. To me, these ladies come across as highly educated. In fact, most prostitutes I've encountered around the world have come across as highly educated and very well-spoken, and I can only wonder the course of events that landed them where they are.

Yes - Control Panel can be found by clicking on Quick Links at the upper right of the screen.

Geez, I never knew this! Also never knew how to add tags that you've been asking for until now. Still haven't done it but I'm mindful at least now.

Time to do some sleuthing folks... Read the link that I posted late last night. This very spot is where MICKEY'S bike was found.

Yeah, but wasn't that killer finally caught? I'm not sure he was linked to all the victims found in the Whiskey Bay area however.

So, the person who left the bike where it was found, no doubt knew of the place's reputation/history? Is that the consensus? If so, it doesn't good at all to me...I can't see bothering to do that if you had done nothing worse than steal a bike abandoned in the road.

I don't think the perp would necessarily have to know the history/reputation of the Whiskey Bay exit.

It's an out of the way area that is easily accessible by roadway or waterway, it's dark and deserted at night, and it's a kind of no-brainer choice to dump stuff in the swamp.

I don't think the perp would necessarily have to know the history/reputation of the Whiskey Bay exit.

It's an out of the way area that is easily accessible by roadway or waterway, it's dark and deserted at night, and it's a kind of no-brainer choice to dump stuff in the swamp.

Yes but the sheer coincidence of it being by Whiskey Bay..... Why not Butte La Rose?? It would be more convenient to drop the bike there due to accesibility coming from Lafayette. It's closer than Whiskey Bay. He must have had the location in mind. Hints either a copycat near the area, or worse a nationwide suspect that the FBI doesn't want to release info about. All he would have to do is google serial killers in Louisiana.http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/baton_rouge/index.html

We have a high property crime rate, but our violent crime is not nearly as high as other areas in our state. Especially in the part of town Mickey was in--it's mostly drugs, DUI or property crime, and petty crime at that (bikes, lawn mowers, etc.) Stabbings, shootings, pedestrian fatalities generally occur farther north in the city, with very little happening on this side of town. Abductions and murders are fairly rare, especially on this side of town. It's hard to understand the dynamics of Lafayette if you aren't a Lafayette resident.

Very, very true. I lived in Lafayette for almost my entire life - in the Bendel Gardes and Greenbriar areas. We rarely had a violent crime, the serial rapist aside. I never felt afraid at night. The dynamics of Lafayette are very different than in most cities in the country.

We're on thread #7 folks. Please post there, not here. This thread will be closed soon.

:seeya:
Hi Rouge...always nice to hear from you.

Wouldnt it be great to have this group of awesome WSers helpin out the "Sky Crew"?

Heck yeah, GateKeeper! I still think Sky's forum is home to some of the most considerate, passionate, and dedicated sleuthers out there. I'm happy to see Mickey's forum getting so much attention and I pray that she is found soon (and found safe). Excellent work everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer