UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is probably a cold blooded "B" but I will not negate that she may have also been Terrorized, this guy's eyes are horrifying.
but non of what you say here says she was not scared of him.
She could have taken pictures in case she needs evidence.
She could have been directed by SOB to go get somethings at the store, including the slushies. So it does not tell me she was not afraid. it tells me she did these things and that is all it tells me. BUT when someone is in terror of someone they do what they are told to a "T"

She could not get help while they were at a courthouse with LE all around? I am glad the DA is charging her right along side of him. Personally I think she deserves worse, she was the Mom. moo

and what was stated in those charging documents was enough; beating, burning, abuse, malnutrition (and more)

All of those conditions noted in the charging documents clearly reflect the autopsy findings. ((((but no the report has not been released nor do I think it will be until trial)))

Mr. Rawlings' press release stated that they won't discuss anything else until trial, so I doubt we'll hear about the autopsy before then.

bashed in her baby's face with a hammer and helped her new husband burry his bruised, burned, torn, ripped, and mutiliated body on the top of a desolate mountain hundreds of miles away from his daddy who loved him
So why did she take him in the first place? why didn't she just leave the child with his daddy?
It makes me sick to think that she took him just to harm him.

She is probably a cold blooded "B" but I will not negate that she may have also been Terrorized, this guy's eyes are horrifying.
but non of what you say here says she was not scared of him.
She could have taken pictures in case she needs evidence.
She could have been directed by SOB to go get somethings at the store, including the slushies. So it does not tell me she was not afraid. it tells me she did these things and that is all it tells me. BUT when someone is in terror of someone they do what they are told to a "T"

Bolding by smart blonde....

But, by the time she went to the store to get two slushies and two containers of lighter fluid, Ethan was already dead, so Nathan couldn't have even used the threat that if she didn't come back he'd kill Ethan. Ethan was already dead. She had zero reason not to run to the nearest police station.

I don't believe she was afraid of Nathan. For all we know, Nathan was afraid of her, right? I don't believe either was afraid of the other.

I think they were a team. They are both equally culpable. They were in this together, for whatever reason.

Stephanie's "HA, HA, HA" sealed that for me.

and what was stated in those charging documents was enough; beating, burning, abuse, malnutrition (and more)

All of those conditions noted in the charging documents clearly reflect the autopsy findings. ((((but no the report has not been released nor do I think it will be until trial)))

I agree....

I was just curious if it was the suspected brain injury that eventually caused his death, an infection from the burns, the malnutrition or possibly an O.D. of the meds. Heck, it could have been a combination. I just was thinking that it could make a difference in the defense they choose.

The way I have read it - please correct me if I am wrong. because I just got to this case. but the SOB boyfriend/husband of hers did all that.
I still wonder if she feared him. but she is not well. they both need to go away for life.

The way I have read it - please correct me if I am wrong. because I just got to this case. but the SOB boyfriend/husband of hers did all that.
I still wonder if she feared him. but she is not well. they both need to go away for life.
The charging documents state she was a party to the abuse. In his press conference, Mr. Rawlings indicated she was involved.

She could not get help while they were at a courthouse with LE all around? I am glad the DA is charging her right along side of him. Personally I think she deserves worse, she was the Mom. moo

I do agree with you completely.
BUT I think that she is impaired, I think she is so deeply terrorized that she did not protect her son, but aided this mental case boyfriend.
Yes she is guilty, she is cold, she is sick, but I also think she could not stand up, there has to be a mental defect. :(

BUT I think that she is impaired, I think she is so deeply terrorized that she did not protect her son, but aided this mental case boyfriend.
Yes she is guilty, she is cold, she is sick, but I also think she could not stand up, there has to be a mental defect. :(
You know I love ya, songline, my friend, but, I don't think we should give this mother a free pass just because she is female.

I know that there are many women who have been terrorized by men, and I do believe there is such a thing as the "Battered Woman Syndrome".

I just haven't seen anything in this case that indicates that Stephanie falls under that category. As a matter of fact, the prosecutors statement's seem pretty clear that that did not happen in this case.

Stephanie is being charged with aggravated murder, etc. in her own right.
Her charges could stand alone even without Nathan's involvement. And vice-versa.

Her countenance after the fact makes me have to disagree. Not that there has to be a mental defect (I agree, but don't think it fits the threshold of legal insanity) but that she was terrorized. She is absolutely not acting like someone coming out from under someone's foot. She's acting like your average sociopath who made a decision that almost worked out for her.

Her countenance after the fact makes me have to disagree. Not that there has to be a mental defect (I agree, but don't think it fits the threshold of legal insanity) but that she was terrorized. She is absolutely not acting like someone coming out from under someone's foot. She's acting like your average sociopath who made a decision that almost worked out for her.

I agree. Her actions prove to me she was a willing participant. At some level, I'd like to think she was forced, terrorized, whatever... because the thought that a mother could do this to her own child is beyond comprehension. But it's clear she did so, and of her own free will.

Bolding by smart blonde....

But, by the time she went to the store to get two slushies and two containers of lighter fluid, Ethan was already dead, so Nathan couldn't have even used the threat that if she didn't come back he'd kill Ethan. Ethan was already dead. She had zero reason not to run to the nearest police station.

I don't believe she was afraid of Nathan. For all we know, Nathan was afraid of her, right? I don't believe either was afraid of the other.

I think they were a team. They are both equally culpable. They were in this together, for whatever reason.

Stephanie's "HA, HA, HA" sealed that for me.
Smart blond hi, forgive me I am not aware of who Stephanie is and I did not read every single post, she had pictures on face book, and I have no clue who she is.

Yes they could have both been afraid of each other or not.

But Can you explain to me why bother taking the kid, she could have left him with his father. Did she take him to abuse him????? because the abuse started instantly...
it was SOB boyfriend who did all the physical abuse.
And it is SOB boyfriend whose eyes are scary.....I am not giving her a pass.....DON'T misunderstand me....She needs to be put away. But I do believe she is mentally ill. or else she would have made some attempt to save her son.

Yes the kid was dead when she went shopping but if she is operating from feeling terrorized she just continues to be terrified....It is just how fear is...I think she feared him, I do not think she took the boy from daddy just to abuse him, but I think she did not even make one attempt to save him not even an instinct....But she thought of taking pictures of the abuse, that HE DID!!!
They need to be put away. But I think she has a mental disability. IT IS JUST NOT NORMAL!

Stephanie is Ethan's mother. She is being charged with his murder.

Smart blond hi, forgive me I am not aware of who Stephanie is and I did not read every single post, she had pictures on face book, and I have no clue who she is.

Yes they could have both been afraid of each other or not.

But Can you explain to me why bother taking the kid, she could have left him with his father. Did she take him to abuse him????? because the abuse started instantly...
it was SOB boyfriend who did all the physical abuse.
And it is SOB boyfriend whose eyes are scary.....I am not giving her a pass.....DON'T misunderstand me....She needs to be put away. But I do believe she is mentally ill. or else she would have made some attempt to save her son.

Yes the kid was dead when she went shopping but if she is operating from feeling terrorized she just continues to be terrified....It is just how fear is...I think she feared him, I do not think she took the boy from daddy just to abuse him, but I think she did not even make one attempt to save him not even an instinct....But she thought of taking pictures of the abuse, that HE DID!!!
They need to be put away. But I think she has a mental disability. IT IS JUST NOT NORMAL!

Not according to Rawlings and the charging docs.

I know it's hard to wrap your mind around a mother doing something like this... but she did.

You know I love ya, songline, my friend, but, I don't think we should give this mother a free pass just because she is female.

I know that there are many women who have been terrorized by men, and I do believe there is such a thing as the "Battered Woman Syndrome".

I just haven't seen anything in this case that indicates that Stephanie falls under that category. As a matter of fact, the prosecutors statement's seem pretty clear that that did not happen in this case.

Stephanie is being charged with aggravated murder, etc. in her own right.
Her charges could stand alone even without Nathan's involvement. And vice-versa.

:beats: SmartBlond "NO PASS" from me at all. by now you probably read it on another post of mine.

I just think that because I cant imagine not having a natural instincts to save your child. I think she is impaired.
Taking him and not wanting him around and being annoyed with him, why not just leave him with his Dad??
No Pass my friend .... Just cant wrap my head around that someone can leave the kid behind and go be wild with your new boy friend would actually take a child to harm him.
That is very Fd UP

she is mentally ill. or else she would have made some attempt to save her son.

Every killer mother would be mentally ill by that standard, though. Or even every murderer. I believe that she didn't make an attempt to save her son because she "loved" NS more. And because saving her son would mean sending one or both of them to the situation they're in now. She wanted to be with NS and marry NS and oops, he's a brutal child abuser. Ethan was collateral damage and basically a speed bump in her progress.

Not even a speed bump, though. If anything, she progressed faster.

If she wanted to find help for Ethan, she could have. In the slushie store. Who knows. She herself admitted that she KNEW he needed care, but offers no explanation for why she didn't.

Now would be the safest time for her to be all "You know, I was terrorized out of my mind and was a coward."

So far she just wants fries and to engage in snark with the local news.

I just wanted to mention about the abuse that Stephanie may have endured. She was only with him for 4 months. I am not saying that you can't be concerned for your life in that amout of time, but it wasn't years of brain washing and abuse. Also, she was in the court house with what I would presume as officers of the court. She could of asked for help, or texted for help she had free use of the phone. One more note, if he was controlling and abusive I don't think he would freely let her leave the house by herself so many times. IMOO

:beats: SmartBlond "NO PASS" from me at all. by now you probably read it on another post of mine.

I just think that because I cant imagine not having a natural instincts to save your child. I think she is impaired.
Taking him and not wanting him around and being annoyed with him, why not just leave him with his Dad??
No Pass my friend .... Just cant wrap my head around that someone can leave the kid behind and go be wild with your new boy friend would actually take a child to harm him.
That is very Fd UP

S.S. has no natural instincts for whatever reason. No one can understand why they did what they did.... but they did.

She was only with him for 4 months.

Exactly. My personal belief is that she was still in that euphoric "I'm in love" mindset that completely rendered Ethan disposable.

Stephanie is Ethan's mother. She is being charged with his murder.

WOW! thanks....
So she put photos of her abused child on face book???
That is normal??? Is it a cry for help? or is it a sick joke?
Is it a plead for a 911 call or is it a big revenge to her previous husband?
what is that ? who puts pictures of their abused child on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam