2011.02.21: Elisa Baker indicted for 2nd degree murder!!

News conference:

No credible evidence that anyone else was involved.

I heard him say that, but I just do not believe there was no one else involved. I just believe that someone helped her after the fact.

JMO

Anyone think it is possible that now that charges have officially been filed that EB might talk more about AB's involvement which may lead to more evidence against him? She was saying in her letters that they didn't kill Zahra. Now that an indictment is saying something different I wonder if she will start singing about what REALLY happened. Hope so, anyway. Either way it's a good day for Zahra.

Presser:

Will continue to investigate each and every lead up until the first day of trial.

I feel the same way, more is coming. I've been watching the whosinjail log almost every day waiting, I seem to look for 3 names.

Thank goodness the indictments have started. I also think the investigation is still ongoing and more information may come to light as Elisa's case progresses.

:great:

ITA It has to be ongoing IMO (God I would HOPE so!) until they find ALL of poor Zahra. Which, as I understand it, to date, they have not.

SOMEONE knows where the rest of her is... and Karma escapes no one.

This is just the beginning of justice for Zahra.

Just a guess but I believe that there is a grand jury being seated for Adam, unless he has some kind of immunity deal. Doesnt look like they established COD.

Nice to see the ball rolling again for this little one-my hats off to LE and the DA for taking it slow and steady on this case.

COD is in ME report supposedly, however it has not been released to public. Links are over in the media thread. I have doubts as to whether they've established TOD.

I agree, slow and steady wins the race.

No credible evidence that anyone but EB was involved?! Are you freakin' kidding me?!

Your child is missing since 9/24 you call 10/9 you are involved IMO

Justice for Zahra

You have a fire in your yard, the fire trucks come out, and the Dad NEVER checks on his disabled, hearing impaired child that night? he just goes back to sleep, ignoring her?
They find a ransom note alluding to the kidnapping of a young girl, and he still doesn't check on her?

That is not going to fly IMO.

Finally. It's been a long wait but justice has finally begun for Zahra. This is a good day.

Many thanks to those who have been keeping up the vigil waiting for this announcement.

MOO

No credible evidence that anyone but EB was involved?! Are you freakin' kidding me?!

I think what the DA said was no credible evidence that anyone but EB was involved IN THE KILLING of Zahra. Now he did not say "only EB" was involved in the dismemberment.

I think what the DA said was no credible evidence that anyone but EB was involved IN THE KILLING of Zahra. Now he did not say "only EB" was involved in the dismemberment.
very true thanks for pointing that out

I think you are right. I think the whole problem is that they can't tie AB to her actual death. I'm sure he might be charged as an accessory after the fact. I'm not going to worry, they are going to get him on something, I'm sure of it.

I'm just shocked and happy that EB was indicted!!!!! I wish it was first degree murder, but as long as they get on her the maximum for second degree, I will be happy. I'm thinking they might need a murder weapon or something, as aggravating as that is, to tie her to the death for it to be first degree murder. I'm no legal expert, though.

I'm just glad she's indicted. FINALLY, major movement in this case! That is something to celebrate!

I haven't stopped by Zahra's thread in awhile because nothing was happening. I am thrilled to see the news today.

Hickory and Aedrys, you guys are the voices of reason for me today. Thank you both so much for pointing out what should have been obvious to me.

Hickory and Aedrys, you guys are the voices of reason for me today. Thank you both so much for pointing out what should have been obvious to me.

What MK said, while I'm gratified that FINALLY something is being done about EB, I'm still hoping AB doesn't walk away from this Scot free.

Yay! Justice for sweet Zahra!
These charges against EB are just the beginning of the end. HPD is continuing the investigation. Good for them! They have worked meticulously on Zahra's case and I applaud them for the great job!

As far as them saying only EB involved....well, sometimes LEA's say things like that to keep the cards held close to the chest, KWIM?

I hope the faux step-momster rots behind prison walls. MOO

OT Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've joined you here on Zahra's thread. I happy to be here with you all to celebrate justice for sweet Angel Zahra!

wm

wm

Yeah you're right nachomama. Yay! It's about time she was charged with this crime:

"The defendant had a history and pattern of physical, verbal and psychological abuse of the victim," the indictment said. The indictment described Zahra as "very young, physically infirm, or handicapped."

District Attorney Jay Gaither said Monday that the state "has no credible evidence to suggest that anyone other than Elisa Baker" was involved in the killing.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/21/north.carolina.slain.girl/index.html?hpt=T2

I need to catch up on the news today but I am soooo glad to hear of this charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back