ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh-hm.

FWIW, I do think that having differing perspectives and devil's advocate type positions in a rational dialog is good.

That said, sometimes it becomes clear that a dialog is not rational. Or that a dialog is not even what is going on.

'nuf said.

I posted a link to the transcripts from Dr Drew show (previous page) where it's concluded that the photos may have been about two consenting adults photographing themselves having sex:

TACO STEIN, SOLICITOR GENERAL OF ARUBA: I can admit the camera has been confiscated, and it`s looked at presently by the police to see what`s on it, and whether or not it has bearing on our investigation. While you`ll understand that I`m not in a position to comment upon what`s on the camera, what kinds of pictures those are, what I`ve heard about it is there`s no indication that there`s talk of duress in the pictures. But I can`t dwell upon what`s in the camera, what kind of pictures they are.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

DIMOND: Well, this indicates to me that she might have been a willing participant.

How does that confirm or change your current view on the case?

Here it is again

I didn't even notice that the domestic violence complaint was filed by GVG. I assumed that because we were talking about Robyn, the victim, and complaints from other women, the DV complaint was from a woman.

I'm assuming this is okay to post, as I've blocked out all personal information except his name. Please remove if it violates anyone's privacy other than the suspect.

colsonDV2001.jpg

Doesn't it strike you as odd that a woman cannot safely, and without fear, make a rape complaint to police and have them file, pursue rape charges?

It is odd, but it is not unusual.

According to the American Medical Association (1995), sexual violence, and rape in particular, is considered the most under-reported violent crime.[4][5]

The most common reasons given by victims for not reporting rapes are the belief that it is a personal or private matter, and that they fear reprisal from the assailant. A 2007 government report in England says "Estimates from research suggest that between 75 and 95 per cent of rape crimes are never reported to the police."[6]
Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello, everyone. I've crept the forums for a while and enjoyed it, but this is my first post. I recently uncovered "modeling" shots of Robyn from 2010. She had a profile on modelmayhem under the pseudonym "elle gardner". No question at all that this is her. The tattoos are identical to those released by her boyfriend Richard (who also has a colorful past according to the Maryland court records search). The first link is RG's model profile. The second is a link to another model's page in which Robyn poses.... I submitted the info I've found to a reporter from the Huffington post and we spoke on the phone, but apparently it isn't politically correct to expose the past character of a victim....I haven't seen any photos of Robyn other than what her boyfriend has released to the media. I'm excited to share them. I'll post the court info on Forester later if there is any interest. Perhaps someone here could post the pics directly into the thread for easy viewing? I'm at work and don't have the time...

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1669069/viewall

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/18316989

--------------------------------
I bolded the section below:

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/national_world&id=8308824

Solicitor General Taco Stein says the camera was confiscated as part of the investigation into the disappearance of 35-year-old Robyn Gardner, also of Maryland. Stein declined to specify what was in the photos except that they are "explicit." He said suspect Gary V. Giordano is partially visible in some of the pictures. He said Thursday that the photos appear to have been taken in Aruba.

That doesnt mean they were taken at the time of her dissappearance. They could have been taken days before, in which case they would be irrelevant.

If he brought with him, where is his gear? Haven't read anything about that?

The police would have looked at that from the begining. The gear or lack there of doesn't appear to be an issue for them, so you would have to assume that that part checks out.

Hello, everyone. I've crept the forums for a while and enjoyed it, but this is my first post. I recently uncovered "modeling" shots of Robyn from 2010. She had a profile on modelmayhem under the pseudonym "elle gardner". No question at all that this is her. The tattoos are identical to those released by her boyfriend Richard (who also has a colorful past according to the Maryland court records search). The first link is RG's model profile. The second is a link to another model's page in which Robyn poses.... I submitted the info I've found to a reporter from the Huffington post and we spoke on the phone, but apparently it isn't politically correct to expose the past character of a victim....I haven't seen any photos of Robyn other than what her boyfriend has released to the media. I'm excited to share them. I'll post the court info on Forester later if there is any interest. Perhaps someone here could post the pics directly into the thread for easy viewing? I'm at work and don't have the time...

Nice work. I had checked the modelmayhem site but didn't find these. Some appear to have been taken before the tattoos (or else have very good airbrushing).

It is relevant, at least in knowing that Robyn was no babe in the woods. But some people, including myself, have sort of assumed that all along. It's pretty obvious she had a sexual relationship with GVG (and others). It's also pretty obvious GVG was a violent lunatic...and not entirely clear that Robyn fully understood that.

I doubt there's going to be any big breaks in this case any time soon. I'm beginning to think they will, in fact, release the creep after the 16 days are up.

I watched a NG show this week and there was a camera crew filming the road that GVG and Robyn would have taken to the secluded spot where they parked. An employee at the cafe saw the car parked out there. Using google map, I have marked the dirt road I think they would have taken to where they parked.

colsonsnorkel-2.jpg

It is odd, but it is not unusual.

That's a very sad state of affairs, but I understand. It's unfortunate that police do not take it upon themselves to secure a conviction without testmony from the victim (particularly when they have film of the violent attack), and that they are unable to give a victim confidence that he or she will never have to fear a repeat.

He filed them against her as well. As a matter of fact the case you just quoted above was filed by him. He dropped the charges correct? There is no doubt in my mind he has a short fuse.

Court System: Circuit Court for Montgomery County - Domestic System
Case Number: 21280FL Sub Type: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Date Filed: 12/10/2001
Case Status: CLOSED
Plaintiff Information (Each Alias, Address, and Attorney for the Plaintiff is displayed) Name: GIORDANO, GARY

Court System: Circuit Court for Montgomery County - Domestic System
Case Number: 21284FL Sub Type: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Date Filed: 12/10/2001
Case Status: CLOSED
Plaintiff Information
(Each Alias, Address, and Attorney for the Plaintiff is displayed) Name: GIORDANO, S*****

They BOTH dropped it ... not just her. SO why was it dropped? There may be way more to the story that you nor I know nothing about.

Probably because like many divorces both parties accuse each other of half the sins under the sun, none of which can be proven. Then, when they reach agreement on the final divorce settlement, those accusations are dropped.

Whenever you have those sorts of accusations in a contentious divorce you have to take them with a pretty big pinch of salt if there is no physical evidence.

Good Find!

Helloo! Apparently there are no legitimate agents involved in either the Robyn Gardner modeling, or for the young woman whose mother was contacted directly by GG.

That is no surprise to me.

Nice work. I had checked the modelmayhem site but didn't find these. Some appear to have been taken before the tattoos (or else have very good airbrushing).

It is relevant, at least in knowing that Robyn was no babe in the woods. But some people, including myself, have sort of assumed that all along. It's pretty obvious she had a sexual relationship with GVG (and others). It's also pretty obvious GVG was a violent lunatic...and not entirely clear that Robyn fully understood that.

I doubt there's going to be any big breaks in this case any time soon. I'm beginning to think they will, in fact, release the creep after the 16 days are up.

Taco Stein, who will not be prosecuting the case, described him as a "mean Bast***", but "violent lunatic" may also have some truth.

Probably because like many divorces both parties accuse each other of half the sins under the sun, none of which can be proven. Then, when they reach agreement on the final divorce settlement, those accusations are dropped.

Whenever you have those sorts of accusations in a contentious divorce you have to take them with a pretty big pinch of salt if there is no physical evidence.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, especially when all we've heard about in relation to domestic violence is a spoon and a phone as weapons.

Helloo! Apparently there are no legitimate agents involved in either the Robyn Gardner modeling, or for the young woman whose mother was contacted directly by GG.

That is no surprise to me.

I think "aspiring model" is a better description for both.

RF will be on Dr Drew tonight.

It was posted on the last thread that the FBI asked him to stop talking. Maybe they decided to let him keep talking with the condition that he make clear that investigators are doing a good job and that GVG may or may not be responsible for her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth