IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the location of the unidentified body on the way to Indianapolis?

No. The location is west of Btown and Indy is north. The location is en route to St. Louis though; it's about halfway between Indy and St. Louis which may be of interest to those who have been following regional disappearances.

I wonder if the bones are decomposed badly or if the state of Illinois is backlogged with ID cases or other? I know nothing about this.

Just a wee bit more to add this morning...

The entity that is doing the DNA testing is state of Illinois Crime Lab http://www.whas11.com/news/local/DNA-results-may-help-missing-IU-student-case-145859735.html.

And, the Spierer family posted on their FB page of "official updates" today, which they do only occasionally:

"Always in our hearts. Always in our thoughts. NEVER giving up. We love you, Lauren. Mom, Dad and Rebecca"

I believe this is the first time that testing for Lauren's DNA has been announced, so I can't help speculating even though the remains could be any one of hundreds of missing persons. Given the location and proximity to I-70, I'm inclined to give abduction a higher probability. OTOH any drug dealer or friend/associate of a drug dealer could know of this location, and for that matter, so could any "friend." Thoughts?

Could be the media speculating a little too much. It is interesting though if the remains couldn't be more quickly excluded as belonging to LS. Could only be a partial find I guess because you'd think dental records would quickly come into play. As well as size. Apparently, for whatever reason, they can't exclude the remains as not being LS though.

Did any of the known PsOI have the means to have driven that far and returned in their known timeframes? Do any of them have connections with that area or that stretch of interstate?

I'm just guessing, and I have no idea what the statistics say, but I'd think for the known PsOI they wouldn't want to drive that far to dispose of a body because they wouldn't want that long of a gap in their whereabouts. Not only would they be exposing themselves to a wide stretch of road and any number of unexpected occurrences that could involve the authorities (speeding, accident, other ticket...) but they'd create a large hole in their schedule they'd potentially need an alibi for. Let alone being seen out and about when they returned to town that morning. And lastly, you'd think cell pings would've immediately set off redflags if any of them had ventured that far from Bloomington that morning. I have my doubts any of them would've intentionally left without their phone or thought to remove the battery.

So... yeah... If the remains are LS then random abduction would go higher up the list unless there's something the authorities have with pings and the PsOI (and their circle) we don't know about.

I just cannot believe this would be her, but that is probably the part of me speaking who really doesn't want this to be her. I am also interested that they are having to wait for DNA to prove it either way. Usually some clothing or the general size/hair left/gender or dentals seal the deal a lot faster. I wonder if it was a partial find or if it really is a smallish female and that is why they cannot rule her out immediately.
Not sure what I believe this means for the investigation if it is her. Would depend on pings, previous history, schedules, etc. I know some of the potential POIs left very soon after her abduction and I have always thought that more people were involved than just one person so it doesn't rule out someone she knows being involved at all for me.
I also wonder what the "other evidence" is-hopefully some sort of nice little DNA from the suspect wrapped up somehow.
If it isn't Lauren it is someone though :( Sad.

Oh dear. I was starting to look at close-up maps when I came across this article from March 12 about the find. It includes some details I've not read before. So heartbreaking to consider no matter who it is.

http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=236762

If this is Lauren? I think the BPD had the wrong POIs.
If they have the right POIs? This is not Lauren.

This was a gruesome murder.

I don't know, I feel like it could be Lauren and the POIs could have been involved somehow. We're not too far from the location, relatively speaking. Heading west 100 miles doesn't seem like it's too far out of the realm of possibility if a body needed to be disposed of. I hope it's Lauren, we're coming up on Passover this week which is a major Jewish family holiday. I hate being away from home, but at least I have the option to be with my family for Passover.

100 miles round trip could take 3 hours. It is further than I imagined, but not out of the realm of possibility. Let's say she is gone by 4 and then a trip would have someone back by 7-8. Is it impossible that they wouldn't be seen? No cameras would catch them. People?
It would take some luck, but I won't dismiss it outright especially since I am not sure what we know about the POIs. Technically, we don't even know the majority of the POIs known to LE. I have heard conflicting reports on who had guests, how many, alibis, travel schedules, and whether certain individuals had cars or not for the POIs we have named.
If this is her I am praying someone was dumb enough to leave some sort of evidence that was somehow maintained over the last year. Like, DNA left behind from someone who has a record of some sort and is already in the system would be nice. That, or LE knows something we don't that would implicate someone.

I guess we wait for official results now. Someone's family should get closure from this though.

The fact that they state they did find additional evidence, and are still considering that Lauren cannot be ruled out is kind of scary...not sure if it is telling or not, but it is a more serious possibility, IMO...

The condition in which a loved one or a loved one's remains is found...how horrific it would be for the kin. I'm glad the Spierer's didn't have to get this news, but so, so sad for the family. I hope it wasn't a child.

The remains are those of a male. BPD could still be interested since Joey Giza might have been in that area.
http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=10467.0

Wow! I must admit that I found your post difficult to believe at first. But, this
guy was hitch hiking to Illinois from Bloomington. So, it is quite possible.
Also, interesting, he was into the Moe, Leftover, Dead, Phish scene. Wonder
who were his friends in Bloomington? He went missing almost exactly 2 years before Lauren Spierer.

Good to have confirmation. Hope they identify who it is so someone can have closure soon.

Thinking of Lauren as another holiday passes and hoping for some closure for her family and friends. IDK what I wished for in terms of the unidentified body, TBH. At this point, I guess I just wish for a solid lead. PS: Hello to all!

Thinking of Lauren as another holiday passes and hoping for some closure for her family and friends. IDK what I wished for in terms of the unidentified body, TBH. At this point, I guess I just wish for a solid lead. PS: Hello to all!

Another holiday passes and the next milestone is the end of the semester and graduation for some. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were all abuzz about all the boys returning in fall?!

:seeya: Hi back to you...hope you're having a fine springtime.

Wow! I must admit that I found your post difficult to believe at first. But, this
guy was hitch hiking to Illinois from Bloomington. So, it is quite possible.
Also, interesting, he was into the Moe, Leftover, Dead, Phish scene. Wonder
who were his friends in Bloomington? He went missing almost exactly 2 years before Lauren Spierer.

FWIW I went back and read the original IDS article and they do not name his friends. I didn't find him here on WS either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member