IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW - After becoming obsessed with what was asked at the presser and listening to the words another 237 times, I am about 99% sure that the question the reporter asked was:

"Can you comment on Misty Morrissy's cell phone in a car being pulled over yesterday?"

I think some people hear RV when she is really saying over.

I'm not a professional listener nor do I play one on TV so take it for what it's worth.... :cooler:

IMO, JMO, MOO

Some people were asking what local's opinions/thoughts are. I am not directly in Evansdale, but about 30 mins south - yet this literally feels like it is in my backyard.

Every day I drive through town I see the dozens of posters nailed to telephone poles. When I stop at the gas stations, their pictures are posted...same with the grocery store, dollar general etc.

Like I said earlier, I do have a close friend who is related to the family and had lunch with her today so yes, my views are now influenced by what she had said. Take this all with a grain of salt because I can't "link to proof"...these are simply my thoughts.

Taken by more than 1 person: 1 male, 1 female

The male IS involved in drugs, but this is NOT related to the family.

I do not believe they are alive. I do not think they knew these people, but were honest to goodness in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I believe the perp is or at least WAS in the area and watching every single piece of this unfold in the media and didn't think it would ever blow up this big. (Hence the reason maybe for police to keep any leads very quiet).

I also believe this person was a local - or at least knew the area well enough to navigate around what could appear "suspicious" once the girls were abducted.

And finally...I think these poor girls are still in the general vicinity of Evansdale/Waterloo area.

Hopefully this isn't against the rules to state what my personal opinions are at this point. If so, mods, feel free to remove.

On a separate note, I actually talked about this with my 10 year old daughter last night. Gave her the same exact scenario these girls found themselves in and sure enough...she said she'd go with her friend if they threatened to harm her. Needless to say...lots of tears were shed after that conversation, on both of our parts.

This is absolutely heartbreaking to me, this simply hits too damn close to home.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...hwId89B_-g&dirflg=b&mra=ltm&t=m&z=15&lci=bike

According to Google Maps, it is 1.6 miles - or about eight minutes - to bike from Lederman's Big and Tall Store to where the girls' bikes were found. That's a very tight time frame for something to happen where their bikes were found, though. To me, that would indicate that they may have set their bikes on the path themselves and then run into trouble shortly afterward.

I question why they're still searching cars.

If the perp was going to move the girls or their remains, why do it now, as opposed to having done it immediately after the abduction or waiting until the heat dies down?

Draining the lake was grasping at straws but I could see the logic in absolutely ruling it out. This seems to be an even bigger waste of time.

Welcome to Websleuths, Mdcastel, mnr, and threecrazykids!
:welcome:

maybe it's not so much they are searching cars- but 'searching' reactions?

Is this someone who has been mentioned in the media? If not it can not be discussed and will need to be removed.

Ima

If there were two or more abductors, the little girls wouldn't really have stood a chance. And the theory of a female involved makes sense. I think the presence of a female may have given the girls a false sense of security :(

We do NOT sleuth people who haven't been named in the media or by LE. Info posted on Facebook is considered rumor and not fact. We are not going to drag potentially innocent people into this.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...hwId89B_-g&dirflg=b&mra=ltm&t=m&z=15&lci=bike

According to Google Maps, it is 1.6 miles - or about eight minutes - to bike from Lederman's Big and Tall Store to where the girls' bikes were found. That's a very tight time frame for something to happen where their bikes were found, though. To me, that would indicate that they may have set their bikes on the path themselves and then run into trouble shortly afterward.

Yes! That is incredible to me that they biked 1.6 miles thru residential neighborhoods, stop signs, traffic, and then apparently completely disappeared, in 12 minutes.

I question why they're still searching cars.

If the perp was going to move the girls or their remains, why do it now, as opposed to having done it immediately after the abduction or waiting until the heat dies down?

Draining the lake was grasping at straws but I could see the logic in absolutely ruling it out. This seems to be an even bigger waste of time.

If a vehicle had been used to transport the girls there could be an article of clothing, an earring or a shoe, blood evidence or hair. If it was used to transport a dead body it would stink by now, even if just a small amount of body fluid was left. ( Remember Casey Anthony's trunk?)

I think that stopping vehicles to check trunks could also be a good excuse to observe the demeanor of the people in the vehicle. Someone who is overly anxious could be hiding guilty knowledge. Perps are known for finding ways to be close to the investigation, so it's a good idea to know who is hanging around, watching LE.

Have a question for locals about Meyers Lake/Evansdale Nature Trail. How well-known is it in Waterloo and other nearby towns? Do people from these nearby towns go there for relaxation, etc., or is it more of a place that is used just by residents of Evansdale?

My friend lives next to the lake. She drives a black suv and was not stopped. She was surprised because she was in a line being stopped but they waved her through.

I'm guessing the one that almost crashed when he came across the girls' bikes on the trail?

You were probably picturing some big burly guy wearing leather chaps with tattoos? I was, took me a minute to think about the OTHER kind of "biker" (who granted could still be some big burly tattooed guy wearing leather, but less likely)

Maybe I'm naive but I just can't even wrap my mind around this guy being involved. I mean if someone asked you to do something like that you'd have to know his/her/their intentions for the girls were not good, right? And I want to believe that at least most people are good at heart and would watch out for kids. Especially Elizabeth who is obviously pretty small and looks more "kid-like" than Lyric. I know they're both kids, just saying I can see how Lyric could be mistaken for a teenager who's maybe out getting into "teenager-y" type mischief, but not Elizabeth. :( My heart hurts.

Yes! That is incredible to me that they biked 1.6 miles thru residential neighborhoods, stop signs, traffic, and then apparently completely disappeared, in 12 minutes.

makes me wonder about the biker who saw their bikes on the trail. now that I think about it 12:27 sort of seems like an exact time. I think if I was reporting something I saw on a ride it would be something like "around 12:30"....anybody remember his name?

I wonder if they had a possible description of a suspect and were searching based upon that as opposed to type of car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123