GZ's 2005 MySpace Postings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is, if GZ "ABANDONED" that account, it wasn't until after December of 2010. So, if he didn't want to be seen as a "" at age 26 or 27 then why did he let the page remain active and unedited?

Probably because he didn't imagine he would be on trial and need to worry about an old unused MYspace page from years earlier. imo

Probably because he didn't imagine he would be on trial and need to worry about an old unused MYspace page from years earlier. imo

Yet it was accessed by 'someone' as late as 2010. And the "datniggytb" site was accessed by 'someone' in early April 2012.

Yet it was accessed by 'someone' as late as 2010. And the "datniggytb" site was accessed by 'someone' in early April 2012.

I really cannot abide the fact the the above word BBM, is used in any way in our society. How in the name of all that's holy is this tolerated?

It's possible GZ didn't think it was a problem in the beginning but lately Mark O'Mara apparently made a point about closing down all harmful internet presences so I wonder how this got overlooked.

Maybe he's just forgotten the password.

Right. She was at this huge rally, and she never saw Zimmerman, who she doesn't know, there passing out flyers, therefore, IT NEVER HAPPENED?

And for HER to call anyone else race baiters is a crime in itself, imo.

I agree katy, I don't think she can say whether GZ was at the rally passing out flyers or not. She wouldn't know him like you said and why would she notice who's passing out flyers, she didn't see or talk to everyone. She shouldn't have said something like that imo.

Ima

I'm you telling I REALLY want to know when the handle "datniggytb" was actually put into use on GZ's myspace. Because if it was after GZ murdered Trayvon B. Martin, it takes on a whole new meaning!

Why not? Even then he was no stranger to the defendant's chair.

I'm you telling I REALLY want to know when the handle "datniggytb" was actually put into use on GZ's myspace. Because if it was after GZ murdered Trayvon B. Martin, it takes on a whole new meaning!

Exactly. And, as I said, that site was accessed by 'someone' in early April. Sure makes one go hmm... Doesn't it?

Exactly. And, as I said, that site was accessed by 'someone' in early April. Sure makes one go hmm... Doesn't it?

According to my 19 yr old, who used to be a big MySpace fanatic, once you put the TITLE on your MySpace, it cannot be changed without starting a new MySpace. You can change anything on the page but your HANDLE. That is what she said anyway when I asked if he could have changed his title later on. [And she is a huge Trayvon supporter btw]

You can change ur name anytime on myspace.........

The point is, if GZ "ABANDONED" that account, it wasn't until after December of 2010. So, if he didn't want to be seen as a "" at age 26 or 27 then why did he let the page remain active and unedited?

I think I still have a myspace page from way back in the day. Granted I didn't have anything on there that I think would be a big deal. But I haven't visited it in who knows when because I dunno, it's myspace.

." And because we may have surprised you with this change, we’re also able to do a one-time change of your display name. If you want to change your display name after that, you’ll have to create a new profile. To let us know of any excess info that needs to be removed from your display name, or to ask for a new display name, use the Contact Myspace form. You can find it on the right side of this page. Be sure to include a link to your profile, your current display name, and what you want changed when you contact us."

YES. Just as I thought. IN the past, you could not change your display name. Now, since 2010, apparently, you can ask the main administrators to help you modify it if need be, but if you want more than one change , then you need to make a new account.

You can't change your URL, but yes, you can change your name anytime.

Read the later posts an the link provided. You cannot change the display name at will.

You can fill out a form with the administrators for a ONE TIME CHANGE, after that, you need to make a new account.

And this is in 2010 that you have that option. Up until then there was no option to change it. Which is why MySpace Land was littered with so many abandoned
pages because the kids would start new ones when they wanted to change the name.

So how many people think GZ went to the administrators and filled out a form to change his MYspace name to Datniggy ?

I really cannot abide the fact the the above word BBM, is used in any way in our society. How in the name of all that's holy is this tolerated?

Because of a crazy little thing called free speech?

People of color do not need permission to reinvent and recover words that were/are used against them. TM didn't need anyone's permission and GZ doesn't either. IMO, I hate the n-word. But, as a dark-complected white person who's had it thrown my way, I have a great deal of empathy with POC who are trying to reclaim it.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I attempted to find the datniggytb site on the Wayback Machine but alas, they don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine