Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Judge Stephens spoke, it was as if those words had been building up for all the years he's been involved in this case. I'm glad he finally had a chance to speak his mind.

I would think that also very grateful to the judge for giving his thoughts today were the four jurors from the first trial who held out and hung the jury. Bless them. because they made today possible.

I still don't understand why the first trial was "rushed" and why some of the key witnesses from this trial - like the counselor - were not in the first trial. Hopefully many prosecutors will note today's verdict and see that it IS necessary to present all of the evidence.

I was amazed when the judge mentioned him taking the rings off her finger! That really seemed to be of importance to him. I think different little things resonate with different people when dealing with this type of case. So best to get it all in.

As for there being another perp out there somewhere, I personally don't think that is the case. But if there is one out there, it sure would be ironic if ol' Jason has to sit his butt in prison for the rest of his life while his "accomplice" stays free. Because he would ruin any chance of appeal by pointing his finger at anyoe else.

Wondering what MM and the other women who had affairs with JY while he was married to MY are thinking tonight?

The woman that slept with JY at his house when MY was out of town...
do we know did she go willingly or was she lured there?

Did it only happen once ?(supposedly)

Think maybe she may have experienced a dose of the real JY that night???

She at least seemed to have some regret.

Wondering what MM and the other women who had affairs with JY while he was married to MY are thinking tonight?

I don't think MM has any more empathy in her body than JY has in his...I wouldn't doubt if she proves to be a sociopath like JY. I can't imagine LF and MF having to watch her up there twice smirking and being defensive of her carrying on the relationship even after Michelle was murdered. blech. I prefer not to think about that woman at all...

Channel 11 is reporting that JLY could be transferred to a state prison as early as tonight.

Hi, Glee -- Great Day!!! :seeya: That's what they try to do, glee -- get the prisoner out of the county's jail -- he or she is now under the State of NC's Department of Correction. Chances are very good that he is at Central Prison at this moment -- and has had his strip-down & other search, has a uniform, and has a cell. He will be evaluated & tested, etc., etc. beginning tomorrow, but since the verdict changed his status as a citizen of NC, so to speak, he does indeed need to be with the facility to which he has automatically been assigned. He could go to another prison after he is tested & interviewed and what-not, but that will take weeks.
icon12.gif

Dear Linda, Meridith and Cassidy : a buddest meditation that has helped me through the loss of my child and as a friend of a friend of a true friend of Michelle:

May all things be free, may all things be peaceful, may all things be safe, may all things awaken to the light of their true nature, may all things be free.

May you have an ounce of anger and a pound of peace.....

MM is likely still on a high believing he must have really loved her to kill Michelle for her.

When Judge Stephens spoke, it was as if those words had been building up for all the years he's been involved in this case. I'm glad he finally had a chance to speak his mind.
ITA . He mentioned that he was thinking about the evidence as well when he stated "And reviewing the evidence the other night, I was thinking about it ...."
His statement was not just a defense of the verdict but a passionate defense of the verdict.

They are thinking they dodged a bullet.

Dear Linda, Meridith and Cassidy : a buddest meditation that has helped me through the loss of my child and as a friend of a friend of a true friend of Michelle:

May all things be free, may all things be peaceful, may all things be safe, may all things awaken to the light of their true nature, may all things be free.

May you have an ounce of anger and a pound of peace.....

This is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

MM is likely still on a high believing he must have really loved her to kill Michelle for her.

Maybe it's still hanging over her head that they might come after her for being an accessory after the fact (if not before). After all, didn't LE tell her as much during the investigation (or was that one of her lies)? There's no statute of limitations....I assume that holds true for an accessory or accomplice as well.

I don't think MM has any more empathy in her body than JY has in his...I wouldn't doubt if she proves to be a sociopath like JY. I can't imagine LF and MF having to watch her up there twice smirking and being defensive of her carrying on the relationship even after Michelle was murdered. blech. I prefer not to think about that woman at all...

I know and it KILLS me that MM was her SISTER!!! My college days have long since passed but to this day some of my closest people in the world are my sorority sisters. Not all of them mind you but I have four that are just the most special people in the world to me. I talk to them almost daily. I'm sure it would have devastated Michelle to know what MM did to her. I hope that MM wasn't considered to be her closest sorority sister(s). I also hope the rest of her sisters dropped MM like a hot potato.

Maybe it's still hanging over her head that they might come after her for being an accessory after the fact (if not before). After all, didn't LE tell her as much during the investigation (or was that one of her lies)? There's no statute of limitations....I assume that holds true for an accessory or accomplice as well.

He only talked/texted her a little over 50 times the day before!
He was probably trying to pin it on her!

Last Fri during verdict watch there was a woman sitting behind me and at the end of the day she started chatting with me and JTF. Turns out she had been selected to be on the jury but then was dismissed (for what reason I don't know). Anyway, she then got interested in the case and followed it each day and then came to court, at least the day I was there.

I wonder if she was there today to see the verdict? She was *very* religious...like ultra religious, so I'm thinking that was one likely reason she was dismissed. Sweet lady though. She felt good about the 12 who were selected, thought they would do a thorough job, and had no ill will for not being selected nor any special joy at getting out of jury duty.

Interesting. You never know who you will meet along the way...

I know and it KILLS me that MM was her SISTER!!! My college days have long since passed but to this day some of my closest people in the world are my sorority sisters. Not all of them mind you but I have four that are just the most special people in the world to me. I talk to them almost daily. I'm sure it would have devastated Michelle to know what MM did to her. I hope that MM wasn't considered to be her closest sorority sister(s). I also hope the rest of her sisters dropped MM like a hot potato.

I'm hoping someone can clarify this. I thought I read that the McBroads were together for an event about a year after MY was viciously murdered and Jason called them and they asked about CS. Seems maybe Jason even let CY talk to them? And it seems that MM was there with them also. This was a good bit after it came out that she was doing the horizontal mambo with JY; heck, the accounts are that she flirted shamelessly with him while she was staying at MY's own house!! Remember about her pulling him around the neighborhood on the riding lawnmower?? And I'd bet anything the 'words' Jason and Michelle had on the way to the game over her giving away the 'wrong' tickets so the group had to split up was MY recognizing the totally inappropriate behavior from MM. Yeah, JY was guilty too, but she already knew HE was slime. It had to hurt to learn it about MM too right under her own roof while she was showing hospitality to her.

MY sorority sisters took a special trip to Myrtle Beach after her death and guess who showed up MM. They were shocked and it was awkward to say the least, she weaseled her way in and they have never seen her since nor do they want too. They were devastated by the event on the trip.

MY sorority sisters took a special trip to Myrtle Beach after her death and guess who showed up MM. They were shocked and it was awkward to say the least, she weaseled her way in and they have never seen her since nor do they want too. They were devastated by the event on the trip.

Thank YOU! I was hoping someone would clear that up. :)

Glad to see MY's treasured sisters have hearts.

Good I'm glad they have severed ties with her. With friends like MM who the hell needs enemies.

Does anyone know what house MY was from?

I will not say I'm happy with this verdict, not because I believe him innocent but because it meant that MY had to die. I will say I'm satisfied with this verdict. But I also feel its still possible that someone else helped and I feel that person is getting away with it. It may be they just helped after the fact and not with actual killing, but either way he had help.

I wish I could give LF a hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member