Joshua Powell rents home to neighbors

There is no reason to prevent the house from being rented if it has already been processed as a crime scene OR there isnt sufficient proof that the house is a crime scene.

Maybe the van was the crime scene.

O/T but mentioned in the comment section of the article, it indicates that Susan's parents are refusing to go visit the boys because it would require them to stay with Josh.

That makes no sense to me, FWIW. Those boys need people in their lives who love them and will fight for them. I suspect their mom did both, when all is said and done...JMO.

It is creepy. Can you imagine being in the livingroom, bedroom and garage wondering if this is where it happened. I would probably be on my hands and knees looking under baseboards. Searching for anything Josh may have accidentally left behind. If it does in fact come out that Susan passed away in the home .....
Well, just to creepy for me. I wouldn't live in that home either way, just knowing Susan went missing from there.

It is creepy. Can you imagine being in the livingroom, bedroom and garage wondering if this is where it happened. I would probably be on my hands and knees looking under baseboards. Searching for anything Josh may have accidentally left behind. If it does in fact come out that Susan passed away in the home .....
Well, just to creepy for me. I wouldn't live in that home either way, just knowing Susan went missing from there.

This is why Josh would never have rented to you, lol!! I would be doing that too.

This is a clear message to me that Susan is not coming back and HE knows it!!!

There is no reason to prevent the house from being rented if it has already been processed as a crime scene OR there isnt sufficient proof that the house is a crime scene.

Maybe the van was the crime scene.

O/T but mentioned in the comment section of the article, it indicates that Susan's parents are refusing to go visit the boys because it would require them to stay with Josh.

That makes no sense to me, FWIW. Those boys need people in their lives who love them and will fight for them. I suspect their mom did both, when all is said and done...JMO.
The Cox family are in a terrible situation, and they are having to deal with a man who is acting like it's no big deal that their daughter has "disappeared".
I'm sure the Cox family wants to see those boys desperately. I can think of a few very good reasons to avoid an unsafe place to visit them, in the short term. Chances are, the Coxes are getting excellent advice. Down the road, they may well petition for custody of those boys.
I have been confused and a bit troubled by some of the friends of Susan/Josh, but the Cox family has never done anything that would make me question their motives. They don't seem to be documenting the chapters of Josh's life. They are not oddly overinvolved with him, they are just requesting he cooperate with police.
I trust the Cox family completely. They have my full and unwavering support.

I get your point, Gin. I am not quarterbacking-much is lost in translation in the type of media circus going on in this case....I will say that in their defense.

I fear for the children-especially if either of them witnessed something and can communicate it.

I get your point, Gin. I am not quarterbacking-much is lost in translation in the type of media circus going on in this case....I will say that in their defense.

I fear for the children-especially if either of them witnessed something and can communicate it.

BBM-Well put, and I completely agree.

I wonder why this reporter didn't include whether JP flew back to Washington or drove the family van!

A conversation between the new residents of 6254 W. Sarah Circle:

Wife: Did you lock all the doors and windows?
Husband: I thought we agreed to keep everything locked, even during the day!
Wife: Right! Did you check all the doors and windows?
Husband: No!
Wife: Why?
Husband: Because you did!
Wife: No, I didn't!
Husband: Well, I'm already in bed and you are up so you do it!
Wife: I won't!
Husband: Why?
Wife: I'm not going out there!
Husband: Oh brother! Just go check!
Wife: You promised me, when we discussed renting this house, that you would keep me safe so you go do it!
Husband: (Slides open night stand drawer): Smith, Wesson and I will protect you!
Wife: Where did you get that!!!!!
Husband: I found it today when I installed the ceiling fan!
Wife: What do you mean?!!
Husband: Remember the stack of bran new ceiling fans shrink wrapped together down in the basement that JP said he was going to return to KMart the next time he comes down?
Wife: Yes!
Husband: Well, I figured that I'd just install them then give him the money!
Wife: But what does that have to do with the gun?
Husband: Well, when I opened the first box, this gun and an opened box of bullets was in it! I figure an employee at KMart hid them in the box then planned on having one of their friends buy the fan but there was a mix up and JP bought the fan instead!
Wife: That's really strange! Did you call KMart?
Husband: No! I called JP!
Wife: When? What did he say?

(You all can add onto this if you like!)

Actually, many home mortgage contracts have a clause that says you may not use the home as a rental unless you have permission from the lender. I know mine does. Mortgage lenders want to know if the home is being occupied by the owner or renters for obvious reasons. I wonder if his lender knows he is renting it out? If he has broken the terms of the contract, they could foreclose immediately. I feel bad for the people who rented the house. They could be out on their hind ends sooner than they expect!

Actually, many home mortgage contracts have a clause that says you may not use the home as a rental unless you have permission from the lender. I know mine does. Mortgage lenders want to know if the home is being occupied by the owner or renters for obvious reasons. I wonder if his lender knows he is renting it out? If he has broken the terms of the contract, they could foreclose immediately. I feel bad for the people who rented the house. They could be out on their hind ends sooner than they expect!

Checking the deed at the Salt Lake County Recorder's office will provide the name of the lender. However, one has to go there in person or have an account to access the documents online.

They could, but in the current home market and relatively high unemployment they probably have their hands full with all people who are late on payments. For the renters' sake I hope he keeps making payments. Unless he is cash-flow positive with the rent that may not be a safe assumption.

I wonder if they will move in with the living room floor "as is"...with half the carpet missing where presumably [at least some messy part] of the deed was done?

Now I'm feeling like I might throw up a little in my mouth.

Presumably the carpet was replaced in that room if he was going to the trouble to fix-up the basement. Should be easy, especially with all the furniture out.

I wonder if they will move in with the living room floor "as is"...with half the carpet missing where presumably [at least some messy part] of the deed was done?

Now I'm feeling like I might throw up a little in my mouth.

I know.

But, surely he replaced the carpet? Did any neighbors see new carpet coming in the house? I find it really surprising that we don't have any reports of his activity while he worked on his house.

I know.

But, surely he replaced the carpet? Did any neighbors see new carpet coming in the house? I find it really surprising that we don't have any reports of his activity while he worked on his house.

Exactly, which has me thinking it is someone that knows Susan . So it is being kept quiet. I sure wish the swing set neighbor would enlighten us.

eta; maybe it is the mooner.

In Star Wars, it's "Move along folks. Nothing to see here." I just keep reminding myself of Josh turning white as a sheet and what that means.

Exactly, which has me thinking it is someone that knows Susan . So it is being kept quiet. I sure wish the swing set neighbor would enlighten us.

eta; maybe it is the mooner.

(bbm)

According to this quote, Kiirsti Hellewell implies that the new renters DO know Susan.

Over two months later, here we go again with the CNN statements of hope that Susan is alive and might want to return to her house.

Then why is no one on TV begging the kidnappers to return her -- NOT Kiirsti - NOT the Cox family -- NO ONE ?

This makes absolutely no sense at all! :banghead:

<<snip>>

News that the home was rented has been met with mixed feelings. “I know they (the tenants) care about Susan a great deal and they are anxious not to let her home go back to the bank or anything.”

Friends and family of Susan Powell have not given up hope that she will be found alive, which is why Hellewell is not angry about Mr. Powell’s decision. “If she is ever found she may want to come home one day,” she said. “So even though I don’t agree with the people moving in, I’m not going to hold it against them.”

More at the link

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/11/husband-of-missing-woman-rents-out-their-home/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back