What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the DT finally says that ICA accidentally let Caylee drown or whatever and CA had the idea to duct tape Caylee and gave ICA instructions to "put" Caylee in an area where she wouldn't be found quickly and claim it was a kidnapping. ICA went along with it because of the mental abuse CA and sexual abuse GA both placed upon her. ICAs version of "ugly coping" because she lived in abusive conditions.

Won't fly but they will try.

I don't think they will try and implicate CA because she was so instrumental in calling 911. But I do believe they will try and accuse George of being involved somehow. She could say her dad had cornered her and was trying to molest her once again when Caylee accidentally fell in the pool. And so George said he would take care of it and for Casey to pretend like Caylee was at the babysitters. And then next thing she knew her dad was framing her for murder. And georges suicide attempt will play into it as well.imo

Perhaps one strategy will be to claim ICA was so traumatized by Caylee's kidnapping that she completely dissociated herself from the event, thus explaining why she was so running around acting...ahhh....normal (partying and the like) and did not report her missing child or search for her missing child.
So perhaps the defense might suggest dissociative personality or depersonalization for her actions while the child was missing.
Might be a grasp at straws, but I wouldn't put it past the defense to grasp at any straw during the trial. And it still doesn't explain what happened to Caylee or the Universal lies, etc. but the defense might think it would explain the partying?

MOO but perhaps ICA dissociates herself frequently from traumatic events including the current hearings (during those, by playing paralegal, etc). In her mind, perhaps what's going on is talk about someone/something else and she has made herself just an observer--even to the facts surrounding her child's murder (and yes, even if she participated in that murder). Again, MOO.

The posters at hm are convinced that they will try and have JP removed from the case. I agree.

The posters at hm are convinced that they will try and have JP removed from the case. I agree.

I like to believe that they have zero grounds to do so. I haven't read over there yet today, so I don't know why HM'ers think this.

My question is: On what basis do they intend to get him removed from the case? Because they don't like the way he rules? They've already lucked out on that once before with Judge Strickland thanks to him having an innocent conversation with a person, who in my opinion, is a little over-involved in this case and who keeps strange company if you ask me.

I think HHJBP has been very fair.

I don't see any way that they could be successful. Judge Perry has a very very low rate of being successfully appealed, and he is one of the most well respected jurists in the region. He has not done anything that could make him recusable imo.

He does his own research and he uses the correct case law to support his judgements. He knows this case very well because he was on the Grand Jury when it was heard there and he hasd been MORE than fair to the defense.

I think that is one main reason that he has not gone after JB when he tries to add witnesses late and when he is late with reports. Because now it shows that the judge has been pretty lenient and fair to the defense team. So I think this attempt to have him recused will be an epic failure. imo

Breaking News - Defense motion for reconsideration - DENIED with no fancy explanations at all. Just HHJP's signature. One day Mr. Mason is all that took.

Whatcha going to do now Mr. Mason and Mr. Baez... :great:

Have I told you today that I love you? :D What a day!! :floorlaugh:

Breaking News - Defense motion for reconsideration - DENIED with no fancy explanations at all. Just HHJP's signature. One day Mr. Mason is all that took.

Whine undoubtedly! Then a repeat:

In the first trial he "won" Nilton Diaz was accused of killing his gf's 2 yr old daughter...

In his closing remarks, Diaz's lawyer, Jose Baez, attacked prosecutors, sheriff's Detective Dan Conlee, the state's medical experts and the child's mother, suggesting they all distorted the truth in their pursuit of Diaz, the lone suspect in the toddler's death.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-05-01/news/ldiaz01_1_diaz-bad-mother-baez

This trial gave Baez a taste of fame; Noeris was the granddaughter of former world-champion boxer Wilfredo Vazquez of Puerto Rico. IMO JB has been chasing this rainbow since day one!

An interesting article about the WARD case involving Prosecutor Lewis. It is about disclosing the defendants current financial information which the defense believes is confidential and exempt from public disclosure.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ert-bob-ward-diane-ward-ward-defense-attorney

That's an interesting article - but I'm a little fuzzy on how this information could be helpful to ICA because she declared herself indigent and Baez has not shown anyone except Judge Strickland how he used any monies he collected for ICA's defense.

Can you help me out here? Clearly this whole thing has :whoosh:

They all but can't. They wasted their freebie with HHJS. The system is weighted to pretty much not allow a second shot at forcing a judicial recussal. In order to get rid of HHJP, HHJP has to A. Agree to it. B. Suggest it himself. Nothing else will fly. I think even taking it to a higher court or review has to go through the trial judge, once that first freebie has been used up.

Does anyone see HHJP recusing himself because he has a bias against lousy lawyering? Does anyone see any judge doing so? Heck isn't having a bias against lousy lawyering pretty much the core of a judges pervue and job description?

CM and JB really destroyed themselves when they forced HHJS's out. It is a defense tactical error that will be taught in law schools for years to come. "See THIS is why you don't challenge the judge lightly or play roulette with the judicial selection!". (Well CM wanted to use this case to put himself into the legal history books. It looks like he did it. Funny how that works out, eh?)

An interesting article about the WARD case involving Prosecutor Lewis. It is about disclosing the defendants current financial information which the defense believes is confidential and exempt from public disclosure.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ert-bob-ward-diane-ward-ward-defense-attorney

I think the key diference there is that that concerns the defendants personal finances. All that privacy goes out the window when a defendant files for indigency. I believe I remember HHJS making that absolutely clear way back when that request was granted.

I could write an interesting and informed post about this but....denied pretty much says it all, I'm chortling gleefully while typing....BOOYAH!!!!!!

They all but can't. They wasted their freebie with HHJS. The system is weighted to pretty much not allow a second shot at forcing a judicial recussal. In order to get rid of HHJP, HHJP has to A. Agree to it. B. Suggest it himself. Nothing else will fly. I think even taking it to a higher court or review has to go through the trial judge, once that first freebie has been used up.

Does anyone see HHJP recusing himself because he has a bias against lousy lawyering? Does anyone see any judge doing so? Heck isn't having a bias against lousy lawyering pretty much the core of a judges pervue and job description?

CM and JB really destroyed themselves when they forced HHJS's out. It is a defense tactical error that will be taught in law schools for years to come. "See THIS is why you don't challenge the judge lightly or play roulette with the judicial selection!". (Well CM wanted to use this case to put himself into the legal history books. It looks like he did it. Funny how that works out, eh?)

Flushie, flushie....

That's an interesting article - but I'm a little fuzzy on how this information could be helpful to ICA because she declared herself indigent and Baez has not shown anyone except Judge Strickland how he used any monies he collected for ICA's defense.

Can you help me out here? Clearly this whole thing has :whoosh:
Yeah, I know. ;) I Completely confused issues/players... deleted my post, as not to further confuse everyone else too. Sorry!

I could write an interesting and informed post about this but....denied pretty much says it all, I'm chortling gleefully while typing....BOOYAH!!!!!!

I love your new smiley......where do you get these little guys....

They may try but they will have to drag him kicking and screaming from his high profile case and unpeel his fat little fingers from every door jamb on the way out.

I don't think it very likely, with all that's been invested in the case so far, that they will replace him, it may be too late.
I think after the trial is over he will be facing some repercussions that could be career ending. IMHO

I love your new smiley......where do you get these little guys....

Scamperoo has one of the best - it is a little non-smiley banging away on an ignore button looking extremely grumpy - I :heartluv: that one and would love to have it in the WS collection.

They may try but they will have to drag him kicking and screaming from his high profile case and unpeel his fat little fingers from every door jamb on the way out.

I don't think it very likely, with all that's been invested in the case so far, that they will replace him, it may be too late.
I think after the trial is over he will be facing some repercussions that could be career ending. IMHO

I think you are describing JB, but the post said JP [judge Perry]

But your description for JB Is totally accurate.

If the DT does go with "Accident + Disassociation Caused by Familial Abuse" and they try to convince a jury that any such accident was no fault of Casey's - here is something I think they are going to have a hard time explaining away...

We knew already about Cindy possibly seeking custody of Caylee from several sources, but now we have it from the mouth of the Mother of the Year herself. She told Sgt. Hosey that her mother was trying to gain custody, and that Caylee was just fine, this whole thing was just a domestic dispute, blah, blah, blah. Oooookkkkaaaayyy. So we have an unfit, pathological lying thief and mooch who was responsible for a 2 year old, and who spent most of the time in her days on the phone/texting/myspace/internet surfing. And they expect us to just accept that whatever accident befell Caylee had NOTHING to do with her lack of vigilance??

Really???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member