PA PA - Albert Copper, 28, Avonmore, 6 June 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Albert Leroy Copper
1926927_563007600462227_754442036_n.jpg

Al Copper left for work the morning of June 6, 2013 and has not been seen since. His vehicle, cell phone, and wallet were found together a short distance from his residence. NamUs MP # 23214.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Christie Copper, right, wife of missing Avonmore man Albert Copper III, wipes away tears during an interview in her Avonmore home as Linda Copper, mother of the missing man, holds her grandson, Emmitt, who is Christie and Albert's 1-month-old son.

https://www.facebook.com/Pennsylvan...41891.437871686309153/563007600462227/?type=1

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/y...4170403-74/copper-family-police#axzz36pP7hEP8

maybe he went home but the family neglected to update the public/sheriff/missing orgs?

I just did a quick social media search to check out that theory. Within the past 24 hours, a family member mentioned that he is still missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to pull out this quote from an old article linked above:

Police and the family are wondering if the man's disappearance involves Copper's year-old head injury. "He broke his knee cap and a metal sign fell at the same time and hit him in the head,” Christie Copper said. He worked at the time for Superior Weld Services in Blacklick, Ohio, and then was transferred to the Oneida, N.Y., facility. Now, Christie is exhausted and worried. She is “confounded and frightened” because Al has never before left home without telling her. The couple will be married two years in August, although they have been together for 10 years, she said.

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/y...skivalleymore/4170403-74/copper-family-police

I can't recall whether I have looked at Al's case previously, but the head injury and the length of his relationship with his wife (plus the newborn baby) stuck out to me as I reviewed the old articles. I sure wish there was more information here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avonmore-area man's disappearance 4 years ago still a mystery
An investigator said the case is unusual because there is no sign of foul play nor is there proof that Copper willingly left.

Despite a continuing search, he hasn't been seen at a gas station or restaurant. His credit card and Social Security numbers haven't been used.

Next month, Cooper will turn 32.

“There hasn't been one shred of evidence, not one tip, not one call,” his mother, Linda Copper of Salina, Bell Township, said Tuesday, the fourth anniversary of his disappearance.

I just stumbled on this case and found some things that stood out to me.
In the first article from wtae.com a vehicle of interest was noted speeding away from the area at the time Copper went missing.

In the CBS piece, it shows that he drove a truck hauling water to gas well sites. I found it interesting that his car was found on a gas well access road. Wonder how far off the main road his car was found on that access road?
Was it an active gas well site? Or was it abandoned?

New pictures surface from morning Westmoreland County man went missing
His family says surveillance tape from a local business shows a pickup truck speeding away from the area around the time Copper went missing. It is described as dark with four doors, running boards and a lift kit.

4 Years Later, Police Still Seek Help To Find Missing Avonmore Man
Around 3:45 a.m., Copper left for his job as a truck driver, hauling water to gas well sites in West Virginia and the Waynesburg area, but he never made it to work.

“Nothing made sense of why Mr. Copper flat-out disappeared, and that’s where we’re still at four years later,” Trooper Stephen Limani, of Pennsylvania State Police.

Copper’s Hyundai Elantra was found abandoned on a steep, muddy gas well access road on the Armstrong County side of the Avonmore Bridge with only his cellphone inside. It is less than a mile from his home.
Over the years, investigators released images of Copper from a convince store the morning he disappeared.

“We were able to get video surveillance footage of him in a gas station,” said Trooper Limani. “We don’t see any distress or any reports from any of the people who work there that he was under any type of distress, or any activity that took place in the parking lot.”

Knowing absolutely nothing about gas wells, active or abandoned, I did a quick Google search....

Well Site Definition | Oil & Gas Glossary
The size of the well site generally ranges from about ½ to 2 acres

Had no idea that it would be so big!!!

Living On Top Of Forgotten Oil And Gas Wells
When a well stops producing commercial quantities of oil and gas, companies ‘abandon’ it, usually by placing cement plugs inside the wellbore, to stop the flow of gas and fluids. The industry considers that the end of the life of a well.

It’s not rocket science to plug these wells,” said Wyoming Oil and Gas Supervisor Mark Watson. “It’s a hole in the ground that’s pretty deep. You set cement, and cement lasts a long time.

Fast Eddie's 'Unfound' podcast coverage of Al's case featuring Al's brother Matt:

Pennsylvania Missing Persons and Unidentified Victims
Albert Copper, III

Missing June 6, 2013 from Avonmore, Westmoreland County

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 120 lbs
Hair Color: Reddish brown, balding
Eye Color: Brown
Clothing: Gray t-shirt, blue jeans, tennis shoes, black Peterbilt ball cap.
Other: heavy smoker
Nickname: Al

Case Details
Al Copper was last seen at around 3:45 a.m. on Thursday, June 6, 2013. He was leaving his home in Avonmore to drive to his job at Royal Flush in Kiski Twp. He never made it to work. His car, a blue Hyundai sedan was found near the Avonmore bridge, on a dirt natural gas access road in Kiski Twp. His cell phone was in the vehicle.
Extensive searches of the Kiski River and 100s of acres in Westmoreland and Armstrong counties have been conducted but no trace of Al has been found.

131_Copper,_Albert_III.JPG

155_Copper,_Albert_III_3.JPG

Glad to see this bumped .I've wondered about this case in the @ 2 years since I originally replied to it.
Hopefully one day this mystery will be solved

It's interesting the different philosophize's I wonder if anything has came of it I feel it's kinda odd that not much has been released it's almost as if the truth is there but people are trying to be spin artist for a alternative motive

10 years since Al went missing. His child was a newborn when he went missing and they still don't have answers. I wish they had released video of the vehicle racing away from the area at the time of his disappearance. Locals may have recognized it. Hope the family gets answers.

<<An appeal has been renewed for an Armstrong County man reported missing 10 years ago this month.
As posted Friday on the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers crimewatchpa.com website, the criminal investigations unit of State Police at Troop A, Kiski Valley, continue their search for Albert Leroy Copper.

Copper is a white male, who was 29 when he disappeared on June 6, 2013, five-foot-seven with red hair.

He last was seen seen leaving for work at 3:45 a.m. that morning, wearing a black ballcap with “Peterbilt” insignia, a gray “pocket” t-shirt, blue jeans, sneakers, and black/gray Hanes briefs.

Family members told state police at 10:30 a.m. that day that he never arrived at work, nor did he return home.

At 2:30 p.m. that day, state police said, Copper’s vehicle was located on a dirt road pull off in the woods about a quarter-mile east of state Route 156 in Kiskiminetas Township, Armstrong County.

Troopers said he has not been seen, nor heard from since. >>

June 1, 2023

June 7, 2017

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member