Status
Not open for further replies.

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
Has this been discussed? :eek:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/15770

MADDIE PRIEST HAS VANISHED

THE “tormented” priest who detectives think Kate McCann may have confessed to was missing last night.

Father Jose Pacheco, 46, has not been seen since it was revealed police plan to put pressure on him to break his Catholic vow of silence.

Worried members of his flock in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz said they have not seen him at his tiny hillside chapel for four days.....

That's very interesting! Why would he be "troubled" or "tormented" about being questioned about any of Kate's confessions or confidences unless they were incriminating? I would think he could just refuse to reveal anything she said. His conscience should be completely clear, unless he thinks maybe there is something he should tell.

He may be tormented if indeed they confessed the worst - her death- and then continue to make a mockery of the event with the global "search"

A catholic priest cannot divulge anything that is told to him in confession no matter what pressures are put on him. Definitely seems weird that he is tormented & troubled. He did give them the keys of the church which apparently the Bishop was very displeased about.

I always found it strange that as catholics they forged a more friendly relationship with the anglican minister & that the catholic priest more or less disappeared from their lives in the latter days & was not there to say goodbye. It would seem that something soured the relationship!

I wouldn't get too excited about this yet. The daily Star is a real "RAG" tabloid.

More like the Enquirer than the Enquirer!!!

That's very interesting! Why would he be "troubled" or "tormented" about being questioned about any of Kate's confessions or confidences unless they were incriminating? I would think he could just refuse to reveal anything she said. His conscience should be completely clear, unless he thinks maybe there is something he should tell.

A Catholic priest is BOUND by the "seal of the confessional" to never reveal what has been said to him in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, or Confession.
He is supposed to be held in contempt, go to prison, whatever, rather than EVER tell what they have been told in Confession.

A Catholic priest is BOUND by the "seal of the confessional" to never reveal what has been said to him in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, or Confession.
He is supposed to be held in contempt, go to prison, whatever, rather than EVER tell what they have been told in Confession.

That's why it's interesting to me that he's "tormented."

Not if he beleives others may come to harm, in this case the twins...

Not if he beleives others may come to harm, in this case the twins...

Perhaps Kate confessed to an "accident" so he doesn't believe that the twins are in danger.

I've never heard that, though, that they would tell even if others might be in danger...from what I've been told in RCIA (classes for converts) class and by a good friend of mine who is a priest (and who I once accused of telling someone something I'd confessed, I made an assumption I should not have), they can NEVER EVER tell anything...they are supposed to surrender to death first. My friend was very very upset that I thought he would have done that.

That's why it's interesting to me that he's "tormented."

:twocents: JMO but i think the priest knows something for sure....after all he gave them keys to the church ...WHY ? oh yea so they could get in anytime they wanted too .then it was reported that the new priest showed up like 3 days later ..and now the first priest is missing .....????????????:waitasec:

makes me think they are guilty and the priest knows ....JMO

Perhaps Kate confessed to an "accident" so he doesn't believe that the twins are in danger.

I've never heard that, though, that they would tell even if others might be in danger...from what I've been told in RCIA (classes for converts) class and by a good friend of mine who is a priest (and who I once accused of telling someone something I'd confessed, I made an assumption I should not have), they can NEVER EVER tell anything...they are supposed to surrender to death first. My friend was very very upset that I thought he would have done that.
If it was a formal confession, he would not be able to say a word and remain in the church, your right. But legally nothing would happen.

But being human, I can see him being tormented with the knowledge and the following charade.

If it was a formal confession, he would not be able to say a word and remain in the church, your right. But legally nothing would happen.

But being human, I can see him being tormented with the knowledge and the following charade.

Maybe nothing legally would happen in Portugal, but there have been cases in the US of priests being arrested for contempt of court when they refused to divulge information told to them in the confessional.

I wouldn't get too excited about this yet. The daily Star is a real "RAG" tabloid.

More like the Enquirer than the Enquirer!!!

You're exactly right april, I wouldn't even use this RAG as toilet paper it's that contaminated and full of $hit already!!! :D

You're exactly right april, I wouldn't even use this RAG as toilet paper it's that contaminated and full of $hit already!!! :D
Yes lizzie. We know "Cr#p" when we see it. :D

Twelve aliens land ship in Portugal to hunt for Madeleine.

You mean THAT kind of rag?

Maybe nothing legally would happen in Portugal, but there have been cases in the US of priests being arrested for contempt of court when they refused to divulge information told to them in the confessional.
I'm tired this morning.... I thought someone meant he could get in legal trouble for talking :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth