Theories On The Laureans' Involvement In Maria's Murder

I apologize if you took what I said the wrong way. Every job is needed in the Marines to make the Marines ''work''. I know that, I get that. What I am trying to say is it's not as if Christina and Cesar are or were out there in the front lines of Iraq engaged in combat. That was not their job in the corps. They were in a nice comfy office doing what personal clerks do. Yes they were marines and they earned that title like every other marine however as far as me giving them respect I don't and I won't. p.s no I wont bite you! ;)

Okay...now about the disparaging remarks regarding both "office clerks" and "only a reservist".... I mean this is the most respectful manner... "bite me!" LOL!!!! I was a reservist for a while and active duty for a lot more...16 years to be exact...but I guess that you might think that I was not a real Marine since I was JUST a office clerk.... Bah! I will defend my title of Marine to my dying breath! I EARNED my Eagle, Globe and Anchor, thank you very much, have served with honor and held to the Marine Corps Traditions....

These two (the Laureans) have not...so, I say take away their freedom, and publicly take away their Eagle, Globe and Anchor...for they have betrayed Marines everywhere....especially in whatever involvement in the loss of another Marine through such a manner!

Sorry... (not really) but I feel very strongly that all of us Marines are needed to make the fine Green Machine run smoothly...and we all deserve the same level of respect.... Thanks!
Semper Fi!

Awe: rats....Mygirlsadie....I can't get anyone to "bite me"...LOL! You don't suspose its cause I am a Marine do ya? JK.... It's a touchy subject...especially cuz I am also a dreaded female as well..... Lately you would not believe how many people say that this is yet another reason why women should not be allowed in the Marines.....

No harm done...and I appreciate your candor!

lol no it's not because your a marine it's because I don't bite girls..hehehe just kidding I didn't even know you were a girl.I don't think for one second that their marine training had anything to do with what they did to Maria and the baby. I think Cesar was a cheating,narcissistic,a-hole and he married a psycho jealous wife. Their mental illnesses combined was the nightmare Maria had to endure.

Awe: rats....Mygirlsadie....I can't get anyone to "bite me"...LOL! You don't suspose its cause I am a Marine do ya? JK.... It's a touchy subject...especially cuz I am also a dreaded female as well..... No harm done...and I appreciate your candor!

lol no it's not because your a marine it's because I don't bite girls..hehehe just kidding I didn't even know you were a girl.I don't think for one second that their marine training had anything to do with what they did to Maria and the baby. I think Cesar was a cheating,narcissistic,a-hole and he married a psycho jealous wife. Their mental illnesses combined was the nightmare Maria had to endure.

I wholeheartedly agree with you...and as my DH says...they could have been working at McDs and done the same actions and there would not be a discussion as to what they were or were not trained to do.... and I can assure you that no Marine training includes how to burn a body or to bury it under a bonfire pit either....

Unfortunately all of those involved definately had issues, and this is where we are because of the collision course they found themselves on....

back at you too sstgbam :crazy:

However, I do disagree with you in your "meeting the burden of proof" comment.

IMO, there is more then enough proof of MURDER. That is not what needs to be decided if a trial comes to frution. But who is on trial. Is there enough proof that he/she is the ONE that commited the murder is what the DA's office needs to show the jurors to meet the burden of proof.

I don't think anyone in the DA's office is thinking of who was involved in any cover up right now. They have to start at the beginning, which is WHO KILLED MARIA AND HER BABY??

All said IMO

True, Littledeer...and the potential for additional charges for other people who may have assisted in the cover up or the death itself may come to light when they have talked to CL. I do not necessarily expect that he will make a full confession, but (I really do think that he will talk, to save his bacon) this will potentially reveal others who would be charged as assisting in the commission of the crime or the cover up of the crime... (who was that man that was with CL in Home Depot? and what else did he do)...

As for my comment about "burden of proof"...I think I am talking about the premeditated aspect versus planned and executed according to that plan.... I guess that I would say that it may end up being a Voluntary Manslaughter case at the worst case scenerio.... I personally think that it should be Murder, and that life without possibility of parole in the worse prison setting possible...including the southern Chain Gangs..... would serve him right!

ssgtbam:

I don't think Maria's murder was either premedited or planned as you said in your post.

IMO, it was a spur of the moment decision based on months and months of build up of emotions. I think either one or both thought with the assaults done on Maria (keying of car, punch in face, etc.) that they thought she would have just quit the Marines and left. But she didn't.

And Maria was also going through months and months of emotions.

IT ALL COLLIDED ON THAT DAY, and Maria and her baby are dead.

I agree that the trial will bring out other people that were involved, either totally knowing what they were doing or being innocent and were a pawn.

We already know that there will be no death penalty for CL, I just want to know who killed Maria and her baby and for him/her or them to face a lifetime of hell.

IMO - Murder was committed by CL and another man. Motive was to take the baby or distroy the baby. It got out of hand and they killed her because she fought them. She was kidnapped and taken to his house. The note was not written by Maria or was dictated to her. It is written in code so people will know it is not sincere. Note, car at bus station, ticket, ID on top of the bushes at the bus station across the street from the police station were a set up to make it look like she left on her own. All too many easy clues for the police. Xtina found out after the fact.

Cool theory, CD! I like it!:crazy:

Murder was committed by Cesar. The cover up was pretty easy as I think they had the bbq planned so Christina would have been none the wiser about a body being there(if she saw im digging, she wouldn't IMO be suspicious about that either...the painting I think had already been planned as well...to make their home look nicer when they had the big party and...so that wouldn't have been suspicious to her either.
As for the motive..it's the BIGGEST and most common one...a baby that wasn't wanted by the father.
SS, GREAT JOB on this thread!!!! Thanks!!!

Could be Snow, but why paint the garage? It was a cluttered little place where they couldn't even park the cars? How often do you take party goers to the garage? It would make a nice excuse after the fact, however.

Did Maria have any real friends, other than the guy who felt bad about her situation and let her move in to share his place with him?

eta-I am just asking because the Laureans seemed pretty confident that they could run her off the base and no one would care. Plus, they seemed to have friends who helped them (in a roundabout way) accomplish that goal.

Could be Snow, but why paint the garage? It was a cluttered little place where they couldn't even park the cars? How often do you take party goers to the garage? It would make a nice excuse after the fact, however.
Nothing was ever confirmed about painting the garage, only something the neighbor had said.

The thing is we dont know how the garage looked on 12-14 though. Painting can leave the house messy until it is cleaned up and things put back again.

They could have pulled out and had everything strewn because of the paint job. They even had their dining room table and chairs still out there.

So I do think it is a very good possibility that the garage back at that time could hold a vehicle in it.

LOL Well now that you mention it..........we hold parties in the wintertime in our garage when it is too cold outside and we dont want to build a bonfire to keep warm.......we have heaters going and it is a great place to have a group of people because it is such a large, wide open area that the chairs and tables fits in there just fine with room to spare. Of course as my hubby says I am a neat freak and our garage has always been painted and kept neat.

imoo

Maria was killed in the garage so there would be some blood splatter there he would want to cover up even after he cleaned up what he could see with his own eyes. And who knows, they may have wanted at some point to convert the garage into a lounge type area for entertaining.

Did Maria have any real friends, other than the guy who felt bad about her situation and let her move in to share his place with him?

eta-I am just asking because the Laureans seemed pretty confident that they could run her off the base and no one would care. Plus, they seemed to have friends who helped them (in a roundabout way) accomplish that goal.

Yes. One girl was on the Today show the morning after they found her body. I tried to find the video but couldn't. Maybe it wasn't the Today Show. I saw it live and I pulled it. She said Maria told her she was raped when it happened. She talked about Maria and what happened to her. There have also been posts from some of her friends on Facebook and MySpace. Some have been removed.

Thanks for the link to the video Cali. I don't have a way to see it, but that was a good question by lilyrush considering that we haven't heard much from anyone that knew Maria other than her mother.

Then again, we haven't heard much from the other side of the family either. Guess after being involved with the DP case, and seeing how family members are always talking, I didn't realize how quiet these families are.

Crime Dreamer, Thank you so much for finding that out and posting the source. I ask because as I was thinking about whether it was both Cesar and Christina or one of them separately, I wondered how much support that either one of them perceived that Maria had in the military community. If the truth was that Cesar and Maria had an affair and (on top of that) Christina viewed Maria as someone who had not only swayed her husband but had a lot of friends supporting her side of the story, then that could have made her even more jealous and angry. Or even if it wasn't an affair, they both could have become even more angry that anyone was supporting her in the accusations against him.

Littledeer, You are right that the quietness definitely stands out compared to other cases. I suppose that could be because there is the added factor of them being in the military and maybe some damage control is being done.

-edited to add, just watched it - good interview that I hadn't seen before- thanks again!

Thanks for the link to the video Cali. I don't have a way to see it, but that was a good question by lilyrush considering that we haven't heard much from anyone that knew Maria other than her mother.

Then again, we haven't heard much from the other side of the family either. Guess after being involved with the DP case, and seeing how family members are always talking, I didn't realize how quiet these families are.

Very odd that it is so quiet. You know both Maria and had family but you never hear of them hardly. One thing that I can't remember. Did Maria have siblings?

Very odd that it is so quiet. You know both Maria and had family but you never hear of them hardly. One thing that I can't remember. Did Maria have siblings?
I know it's been mentioned she has a sister, but I'm not sure about other siblings.

Awe: rats....Mygirlsadie....I can't get anyone to "bite me"...LOL! You don't suspose its cause I am a Marine do ya? JK.... It's a touchy subject...especially cuz I am also a dreaded female as well..... Lately you would not believe how many people say that this is yet another reason why women should not be allowed in the Marines.....

No harm done...and I appreciate your candor!

I can't believe this is still an issue. I have a daughter a in the military and she says she gets more crap from civilians about being a woman than she does within the service itself. So archaic isn't it? Thank God for you all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821
Back