TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we discussed transportation methods? How did she get to Idaho? And from Idaho to TX?

RSBM

Good Question!
I'd say she would have taken the train but there are no Trains that run through Idaho. Unless she took a bus to Idaho? Just thinking aloud.
http://railpassengerusa.com/usalongdistance.php

Edit added more info~

So say she got off a train, then took a bus from Portland, Or. to Boise Idaho. The Center for Vital Statistics is a 16 min walk, almost a mile from the nearest Greyhound Station.
http://goo.gl/maps/2lOCQ

Bouncing off this post "made up" is the correct note on her scratch sheet.
There isn't an area code/prefix match for Tuscon Az 602-887-2926
http://www.thedirectory.org/pref/bypref/887.htm

602 used to be the area code for all of Arizona before additional codes were added...this was pre ~1995.

I personally think the scratch sheet was written by her mother or another individual...a female possible looking for a job with a phone company possibly as an operator. Then LEK wrote on top of it when the paper was folded..."These eyes" etc.

Bookman explains in post 1297 what the number means. And C.N.A. means Customer Name and Address. It is what was used before we nebby people had reverse lookup.

Good Bookman, you found an actual previously unknown fact while others go Mustard.:rockon:

Thank you, thank you! I see I missed a page in the thread. I RELISH the day when I truly KETCHUP :D

The problem I have with Sheri Johnson is that she would have been taken as a small child, and presumably raised under another name. FLEK was obviously educated enough to pass her GED, get a business degree, and do all of this identity theft stuff. This means that if she was Sheri, she would have gone all through life with a name that worked. Why a new name in 1988? Was it because she wanted a driver's license and whoever raised her didn't have a birth certificate? If she knew her family history of coming from such an incident, why not bring it to light after the passing of those who committed crimes? If she didn't know the family history, why go to such lengths to hide? She would surely think she was just a regular girl, just like everybody.

Have we discussed transportation methods? How did she get to Idaho? And from Idaho to TX?

That and I don't see the physical resemblance to either her or her mother or father AT ALL.

The problem I have with Sheri Johnson is that she would have been taken as a small child, and presumably raised under another name. FLEK was obviously educated enough to pass her GED, get a business degree, and do all of this identity theft stuff. This means that if she was Sheri, she would have gone all through life with a name that worked. Why a new name in 1988? Was it because she wanted a driver's license and whoever raised her didn't have a birth certificate? If she knew her family history of coming from such an incident, why not bring it to light after the passing of those who committed crimes? If she didn't know the family history, why go to such lengths to hide? She would surely think she was just a regular girl, just like everybody.

REad more about Sheri's father Henry Harbison who was a terrible criminal. She may have escaped from him (or he died) and had been hiding from him and the Church of the New Song people. Read about Franklin Floyd and how he kidnapped a girl and raised her as his own; then later married her in New Orleans. Sick, awful people IMO.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/johnson_sheri.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-28131.html

Can anyone explain exactly how CODIS works? This is my understanding from what I have read:

I think it looks for a direct and exact match to known DNA. Familial DNA is not automatic...the investigator would have to request a familial match (like mother and dauther; or siblings). Also does anyone know if the system also tests mitochondrial DNA or has it entered as a separate category? Or does this have to be requested between two individuals.

They could learn alot if they entered everyone's mitochondrial DNA as well (which comes strictly from your mother). I.e. all siblings would have the same exact mitochondrial DNA.

Thanks KDSmith21!!

This is my main request. If it is absolutely impossible, without a doubt that these pictures could be the same person-then great-throw it aside and start digging elsewhere. But let's not forget to also think outside the box if that needs to be done!! You never know!

i sometimes work at the lodge in dallas, and we have to have a permit. you pay 50.00 when you're hired for a background check - you have to have 2 forms of id as well. if you work at any other club you have to do the same thing over and over again. i have no idea when this law came about, does anyone know?

* the lodge is a strip club in dallas

Thanks, Magnum P.E. The old Loompanics catalogs were updated regularly, and are definitely findable. At the moment, a copy of "Loompanics Unlimited - 1989 Main Catalog" is offered for sale on abebooks for $20 by a San Francisco bookstore.

The old mailing list would indeed be interesting. Makes me wonder if this article is really believable.

http://boingboing.net/2011/07/20/fbi-releases-files-o-1.html
"The FBI has released its files on two famously controversial publishers, Paladin Press and Loompanics Unlimited, following a FOIA request filed by Government Attic. The files suggest that the booksellers' huge libraries of books on drugs, guns and other ultra-libertarian issues only rarely drew the FBI's attention."
This is a great find, Bookman. As soon as I read the word "loompanics" I started to smile. The catalogues were very amusing with unusual books listed in them. It was the last vestige of hippiedom. Paladin Press was more mean spirited as I recall but carried some similar things.

Note when you read through the posts and also the responses to the Seattle Times article, that people create whole backstories for LEK filtered through their own belief system. If they are all correct we have a highly religious schizophrenic stripper/prostitute/child of incest/kidnap victim/domestic abuse victim/wanted criminal/basketball player/volleyball player with ADD and Marfan's Syndrome.

Just find someone like that who is missing and we have LEK's true identity.:facepalm:

Seriously, every listed missing person has been compared to LEK. She just ain't there. I would lay money that there was never a missing person report on her. She did not grow up chained in someone's basement, there are people who will recognize the 1988 picture. Email it to your friends.

As she was apparently acquainted with loompanics, I will add to the description "counterculture chick".

Seriously, every listed missing person has been compared to LEK. She just ain't there. I would lay money that there was never a missing person report on her. She did not grow up chained in someone's basement, there are people who will recognize the 1988 picture. Email it to your friends.

Not necessarily. If she was from a religious organisation or cult, there's a chance that nobody will recognize her. She could've grown up secluded from the outside world and once she left, she left all the people who knew her behind.

Given the region where they think she originates from, I wouldn't be too surprised if this was the case... but we simply can't know.

I totally agree that she is not likely named in any of the missing person directories. But the first thing we, here at WS, can to do is submit them and get them ruled out by officials. That will free us up to go onto the next level of investigation.

The story is getting some MSM coverage, but not really enough to cover all of the US. It needs to be picked up by CNN or some other really large media outlet to reach a majority of people in the US. The sad truth is, that many people don't bother reading the news, but need it force fed to them via the television.

I totally agree that she is not likely named in any of the missing person directories. But the first thing we, here at WS, can to do is submit them and get them ruled out by officials. That will free us up to go onto the next level of investigation.

The story is getting some MSM coverage, but not really enough to cover all of the US. It needs to be picked up by CNN or some other really large media outlet to reach a majority of people in the US. The sad truth is, that many people don't bother reading the news, but need it force fed to them via the television.

ITA.

Getting missing people ruled out is also progress; that way we ensure that the investigators in this case can spend their time on other aspects of this case.

And hey - what do we know, she could be a missing person. She might've had a lot of plastic surgery and looked totally different at the time of her death than she did when she went missing. Maybe she was a late bloomer and didn't reach her full height until she was 18 and her missing person file contains a shorter height. Stranger things have happened!

This quote right here, is all about why I come to websleuths. I've got to be honest. The ability to not allow others to quickly "Shut down your show" just because it doesn't fit the obvious, NO WAY! We've got to ask the silly questions, we've got to got to those places others wish we wouldn't. Sometimes we even have to be as innocent as children to REALLY get to the truth. That is why I am here at Websleuths and why I have been here SO very long!!

Cheers to you!

ITA.

Getting missing people ruled out is also progress; that way we ensure that the investigators in this case can spend their time on other aspects of this case.

And hey - what do we know, she could be a missing person. She might've had a lot of plastic surgery and looked totally different at the time of her death than she did when she went missing. Maybe she was a late bloomer and didn't reach her full height until she was 18 and her missing person file contains a shorter height. Stranger things have happened!

I think you're right. She DOES look like that girl. One thing I've been pointing out on another board (and the investigators apparently know this) is that she is most likely MUCH older than her stated age, which is probably why she had so much trouble conceiving. When she died, she was supposedly only 41 years old. But did you see her 'cookbook' photo? Her most recent driver license photo? I think the person in those photos is at least 50 years old. That means she was more likely born around 1963. I was born in 1966 and I had an Easy Bake Oven. I was the right age for that.
You can see all the documents and photos here:
http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021243300_janedoeevidence.html

Welcome AngelaE8654!
Great first post. I agree with you on the age. I was born in 1959 and think she was most like born in the 1959 to 1965 time frame.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2994dfaz.html

http://s23.photobucket.com/user/avg1/media/TwoJaneDoes_zpscf5f5250.jpg.html

Someone in the comments section of the Seattle Times story thought perhaps she is a missing woman, Jennifer Marie Wictor, and didn’t want to be found. The first link is a pic of Jennifer, the second is a comparison of the two women side by side. If Lori was looking down a bit more I think they would like a lot alike, except for Lori is obviously older. The smile is similar as are the eyebrows. The only major difference is the nose. Lori had breast implants, perhaps she also had a nose job.

Not necessarily. If she was from a religious organisation or cult, there's a chance that nobody will recognize her. She could've grown up secluded from the outside world and once she left, she left all the people who knew her behind.

Given the region where they think she originates from, I wouldn't be too surprised if this was the case... but we simply can't know.

Every state list of missing persons has been checked and rechecked. I would feel safe in saying that the SSA went over the missing person lists before they took the extraordinary step of cooperating with the Seattle Times on a story. She matches no one and is just not a listed missing person. If there was a report on file it would have shown up.

Abducted child? Could be, like a Sharon Marshall who got away.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2994dfaz.html

http://s23.photobucket.com/user/avg1/media/TwoJaneDoes_zpscf5f5250.jpg.html

Someone in the comments section of the Seattle Times story thought perhaps she is a missing woman, Jennifer Marie Wictor, and didn’t want to be found. The first link is a pic of Jennifer, the second is a comparison of the two women side by side. If Lori was looking down a bit more I think they would like a lot alike, except for Lori is obviously older. The smile is similar as are the eyebrows. The only major difference is the nose. Lori had breast implants, perhaps she also had a nose job.

Yeah, that was me (I'm REALLY intrigued by this story, can you tell? :D) who created the side-by-side pics. I think the eyes and the smile look a bit different but you're right; if she had breast implants, she MAY have had other surgeries as well. Did the doctors who helped her conceive know if she had ever been pregnant before? Does anyone know?

She has a peculiar way of smiling...have you noticed? Teeth-together, top teeth and bottom teeth both almost always showing. I thought the smiles in the pic of her and her husband were about exactly the same, which is kind of comical, as many married people DO take on characteristics from each other. But perhaps looking for someone who smiles in that manner when looking through missing persons photos. Just a thought, of course. :)

I believe I know the meaning of the "CNA" and the "ours 303-293-2333" notations on the scratch paper from Jane Doe's lockbox. I think the fraud lawyer and oil company identifications previously mentioned are most likely red herrings.

I searched Google Books for the string 303-293-2333. On my computer, the second result was snippet views from the following book:

How to find missing persons: a handbook for investigators/ Ronald George Eriksen 2 [sic] (Loompanics; Port Townsend, Washington, 1984), pages 83 and 84.

This book exists in at least three versions: a staple-bound "true first edition" published by Loompanics in 1981 in their original Mason, Michigan location; the 1984 edition I refer to above; and a 1994 2nd edition, revised and expanded.

I was able to get my hands on the 1994 edition, but had to request a scan of the relevant Chapter 19 (Telephone Records) of the 1984 edition from a public library. Luckily, they came through quickly. See the attached two-page PDF (handwritten notes are mine).

The author explains "[f]ortunately, Ma Bell has secret telephone numbers called "C.N.A. Service numbers" which you call, give the number in question, and you will be told the name and usually the address which correspond with that number." He further explains that the numbers are changed "at regular intervals" and that the information he gives is good "as of the first of 1984."

Following is a table of area codes, with the corresponding C.N.A. numbers. The number 303-293-2333 matches seven area codes (note that Google Books only indexes two of them). According to Wikipedia, all seven were in the batch of original area codes instituted in 1947, and most served the entire referenced state until the 1990s or 2000s.

208 Idaho
303 Colorado
307 Wyoming
406 Montana
505 New Mexico
602 Arizona
801 Utah

My interpretation of Jane Doe's notes is that "ours" refers to her own area code sometime in the 1980s, possibly prior to her name changes. I lean toward Idaho or Arizona due to other elements in the story, but of course, I'm not sure.

Just to be clear, I am also not sure at all that Jane Doe used this particular book as a reference. I do think, however, that her notes almost certainly refer to the Customer Name and Address Service.

This is very informative. But, now I'm trying to figure out WHY she called telephone company CNA's. Was she trying to determine who was calling her from some of these numbers, and if so WHY? Remember, I'm still trying to play "ketchup" here!

eta: And why would she save this info? Any theories appreciated :)

*Thought this was important, too:
303 original area code for entire state of Colorado until March 5 1988 when SE Colorado became 719, NE & W Colorado became 970
602 original area code for entire state of Arizona until 1995

Tip: If you are not sure something has been discussed, you can search within this thread by looking near the top of the page. There are several headings: Thread Tools / Search This Thread / Rate This Thread / Display options. You need to be specific though; putting in 'marfans' will only bring up that spelling / capitalization.

Also, there are 58 guests here!! Hi guys! You all should join... it's more fun when you can join in on the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998