NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone post the passport ??? or what ever pic of AB ...I have dial up it takes 20 min. just to download a pic TIA

can someone post the passport ??? or what ever pic of AB ...I have dial up it takes 20 min. just to download a pic TIA

----------this one?

Adam1.jpg

Sorry, I've probably not posted very clearly and it is very confusing with the definitions the Australia Government use.

Parental rights in relation to a request for a passport for a child under 18 means, by the Australian Government definition, BOTH parents listed on the child's birth certificate. It has nothing to do with custodial issues or child support. You can't just take a child out of the country (although there are approx 150 cases of this happening per year) without the consent of both parents on the birth certificate unless you fulfill the criteria laid out, this is then investigated.

An Approved Senior Officer, an officer delegated by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, will consider the statement in support of the request to determine if a passport may be issued without the other person's consent.

https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Newppt/Consent.aspx

What if AB went to the athorities with 2 or 3 people non relatives going in and saying her bio mom has been gone since she was a baby and no one has any idea how to find her ...athoritys not being able to find bio mom ...how hard is it to get someone to sign off on her coming to US??? JMO couldnt be that hard to prove especially with her health record especially if those 2 or 3 people are onocologists nurses ???

Per what you posted previously, in MOST cases it means the parents listed on the birth certificate, but it clearly says that this isn't the case when a court has formally changed who has "parental responsibility" for the child. I'm quite sure that an Australian married couple who legally adopted a baby that isn't biologically related to them, doesn't have to get written consent from the birth mother or get a "waiver of consent" to get a passport for THEIR child years after the adoption.

Exactly, which is what I posted earlier - only an Australian Court can terminate parental rights.

If an Australian couple travel overseas, be they straight or gay - they HAVE to get the consent of the surrogate mother (birth mother consent) for that child to obtain an Australian passport - even when that passport has to be renewed five years later.

For example:

# Probably the main issue you confront when you make this application is whether to complete the application with both parents’ consent (i.e. a mother and a father) OR apply without full parental consent. You’ll need to accept that for the purposes of Australian law, the mother on the birth certificate is the “mother” of your child – no matter what foreign court orders or decrees may have been issued. If you are willing to accept this, then you may make your life simpler and request your surrogate to sign all the Australian passport consent forms etc and make your application accordingly. However, even if you do this (and it’s most logically done shortly after the birth while everyone has access to each other) remember that you may not have such immediate or even helpful assistance if and when you apply for a passport renewal every 5 years.
# In our case, we decided to apply for both of our kids’ Aussie passports without our surrogate’s consent as the “mother”. Of course, she would have given it, but since she had relinquished her US parental rights (albeit a fact not formally recognised by Australian law) we thought it best to proceed on the basis that we were the two dads with parental responsibility.
# When making a passport application for a child without full parental consent, you are required to complete a Form B-9. This then requires the applicant (biological father) to explain why “special circumstances” exist as to overturn the presumption that both biological parents must consent for the issuance of a passport. (If anyone’s still reading this, sorry but I am starting to sound like a lawyer). In our attached sample application, you’ll get the gist of the issues we raised. In some respects, we have provided detail that may be unnecessary. However, for both our children, including the application for the passport renewal, the process went smoothly.

http://www.gaydadsaustralia.com/surrogacy/birthcertificatespassports.htm

l_34f5dffec57a4382b6e2d178354f7303.jpg

...this pic shows the white sheet as a back drop of a pic taken at home.

Having been a "globetrotter" in a previous job that sent me all over the U.S. and various countries around the world including, Australia, from the looks of the electrical outlet off to the side of the stove, it looks American to me.

The outlets I recall in Australia were at slant like this: \ /

As opposed to the U.S. variety being like this: | |

The wood paneling also looks similar to that found in a mobile home. Or is it common in homes in Australia?

Not sure about the wood paneling but the stove does not look familiar - can anyone make out the brand of the stove?

Without a doubt that electrical outlet is of the US... having traveled abroad, you learn reallllllllll quick to carry converters with you to run your American wired appliances.

okay so we have passport photos taken in the US, three passports found in the SUV according to the search warrant, and a new haircut on Zahra since the move? Based on the photos we have seen that were taken 8-10 weeks before she disappeared?

Where were they considering going and why?

The stove is Magic Chef... I got the magnifying glass out to see it for sure.

Actually, that pic looks like it was taken in a trailer home...

The wood paneling also looks similar to that found in a mobile home. Or is it common in homes in Australia?

eta - the stove may be "Magic Chef".....hard to read the details though.

It is "Magic Chef", I played around with the pic trying to get a better look at the plug.

okay so we have passport photos taken in the US, three passports found in the SUV according to the search warrant, and a new haircut on Zahra since the move? Based on the photos we have seen that were taken 8-10 weeks before she disappeared?

Where were they considering going and why?

And why the passport photos. Wouldn't they already have passports from when they came into the US?

Why would Zahra and her dad need passports, anyhow? Both of them are Aussie citizens and had to have their own passports to get into this country, to begin with, when they moved here.

It is "Magic Chef", I played around with the pic trying to get a better look at the plug.
Thanks! I'm now thinking the photos were definitely taken at the mobile home. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa