Check Fraud case information

I don't think the defense has any cards to play in a deal. It will be a one sided deal with the DA getting what he wants.

So if there's a plea deal, it's still on her record as a felony, correct? And can that be used in the murder trial if there is a plea?

Thank you! :)

Sorry to quote my own post..
Does this mean that depositions for the check fraud case have not been taken? I know they all haven't been done for the murder case...
Is this another delay tactic or something?

I read the article as depositions in the murder case have yet to be done.

Sorry to quote my own post..
Does this mean that depositions for the check fraud case have not been taken? I know they all haven't been done for the murder case...
Is this another delay tactic or something?

No, the murder trial..the whole sentence was: "Meanwhile in Anthony’s murder case, there are still motions connected to the case that haven't been heard, such as a change of venue."

Would she be required to stand in front of the judge and admit she did it?
I sure hope so. In Pennsylvania you do. I think I would of took a couple extra months on me sentence to NOT have to do that. I was the same height as a guy accused of shooting 3 that day and was shackled to him. **sigh** so much for avoiding the news.

But doesn't she want to talk about how she only stole "in a time of desperation?"

I sure hope so. In Pennsylvania you do. I think I would of took a couple extra months on me sentence to NOT have to do that. I was the same height as a guy accused of shooting 3 that day and was shackled to him. **sigh** so much for avoiding the news.

Wow! Rough day, huh?

Boy, I think I posted on this more this morning than in a normal month. :) Aye, if they have you dead and you want to get cute or the plea is too lenient, the state OR the judge can say no. It does happen, especially a judge feeling it is too light. Again, mainly for the mods, I was on the wrong side of the gavel and do not want to mis-represent myself as any sort of lawyer, etc.

It would be up to the state to accept a plea, wouldn't it? They may ask the victim for their opinion, but ultimately I think the SA decides.

Thank you! :)
I wouldn't have thought AH would agree to a deal. But I guess it's not her decision alone?

Can/would AH attorney accept a plea?

Going out of my area of speciality here BUT most of you know I get to "hang around courtrooms" & morgues" so: I believe that it's up to the SA and the JUDGE to accept the plea since the crime is against the STATE of Florida and AH is the Floridian injured by the "criminal". The SA & defense work out a deal, the "perp" gets to "chat" with the judge and then the "stamp of approval" is given. What I have observed is that the victim or relatives are informed about the deal but not "asked permission to give" the deal per se. And again, I add jurisdictions may have variances on the described scenario!

I had my calendar cleared for Monday. Rats!!

Move over cloud9 - although I'm shifting from temper tantrums to sulking right now. :banghead:

I completely understand! :)
They OWE us! LOL
Anyway, here's what was just posted in Todays News thread! Sounds like more defense stalling.

On the air, Central Florida News 13 anchor Adam Longo said the station had learned the check-fraud trial has been delayed because certain motions, such as a change of venue, haven’t been heard. Anthony faces charges of stealing checks from a friend.
In Anthony’s murder case, Central Florida News 13 cited sources who say a hearing scheduled for this week won’t happen. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.
(snipped)

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-delayed-central-florida-news-13-reports.html

I would guess that the CA would not support a plea deal. Better to blame everyone else once KC is convicted than for KC to admit guilt. So maybe that letter to JS was written by the Anthonys with help from the Anthony supporters in reaction to an upcoming plea deal? Possibly a last minute panicked irrational attempt to change the course of events??

I'm gonna wait until the other news stations confirm this until I truly believe it...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back