17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
This goes a little more to the unusual side. Someone went out there with a flashlight after hearing a gunshot and before the police got there. IMO What was going through their head? I don't know but it could have been bullets.

Do we know that the flashlights reported by 911 callers were from neighbors coming out?

Previous WS sleuthing based on the 911 calls indicated that LE was on the scene within a minute or so of GZ firing the gun. Is there evidence yet as to who was (or were?) wielding the flashlight (or flashlights)?

A gawking crowd, whether witnesses or Nosy Nellies, doesn't surprise me one bit, no matter what the potential danger or gore factor might be.

My dad was in LE all his life, so we heard lots of stories. During his retirement speech, he joked about how one of the things that never changed over his career was the looky-loo; how fascinated people were with both the macabre and the mundane. Nothing too small or too gory to attract a gawking crowd, especially if media were on scene (and in that case, sometimes way more LE than were actually needed, too ;)).

Have to admit that as little girls, my sister and I were major looky-loo wannabes: "Daddy, an ambulance/fire truck! Follow it...pleeeeease!" :blushing: He never did and we fortunately outgrew it. Kinda. :p

Funny.. my dad was a NYC Police Officer for 25 years and it had absolutely the OPPOSITE effect on us.. we would NOT look and move on and get pissed at the "looky-loos" slowing down and gawking... I'd NEVER step outside my home to "check out" what I thought was a gunshot!!!! I'd be in my bathroom, with my son calling 911 frantically!

Funny.. my dad was a NYC Police Officer for 25 years and it had absolutely the OPPOSITE effect on us.. we would NOT look and move on and get pissed at the "looky-loos" slowing down and gawking... I'd NEVER step outside my home to "check out" what I thought was a gunshot!!!! I'd be in my bathroom, with my son calling 911 frantically!

I was driving down the road once and I heard a gunshot. It was so CLOSE that my body literally went NUMB. I had to tell myself that I hadn't been shot myself and then I just sped off. Never looked back.

Do we know that the flashlights reported by 911 callers were from neighbors coming out?

Previous WS sleuthing based on the 911 calls indicated that LE was on the scene within a minute or so of GZ firing the gun. Is there evidence yet as to who was (or were?) wielding the flashlight (or flashlights)?
I believe one of the callers said no this is someone that came out of their home when the dispatcher suggested it was the police.

This goes a little more to the unusual side. Someone went out there with a flashlight after hearing a gunshot and before the police got there. IMO What was going through their head? I don't know but it could have been bullets.

Oh, I agree and am with you on that. It's crazy, but not surprising. I think most people wouldn't get anywhere near a scene like that unless/until LE arrived (if even then), but there are always a few who either don't have good sense or are too full of curiosity/bravado for their own good.

One I remember well was a dude who almost got shot by my dad's officers - took off chasing a manhunt suspect through the woods (at night - and with his own gun!) before LE got in position there. Lunacy!

Ohhh speaking of which...... If the mods aren't around and docs are released remember the rules. In case the docs are not completely redacted. Sometimes they miss a name or two or an addy.

Use first and last initial only of witnesses if provided.
Never post an address
Never name minors
No phone numbers

What did I forget ynot?

Well, it was when we were very small girls. I think the main draw was that we felt so much pride in the bravery of our dad, all of LE and firefighters...we wanted to see them work. Plus, a firetruck seemed pretty exciting as a pre-schooler.

My dad impressed on us that there was enough for firefighters to deal with without having people in the way and that someone on scene could be hurt or worse, and we wouldn't want anyone intruding on us that way if it were our family. So we understood, but still wanted to follow the firetruck a ways just to watch it.

And certainly, like you, I'd be hiding with my family in the event of gunshots! Sorry, I must've come across differently than I meant to. :)

Unless the photograph was taken by LE, I don't see how it can be admitted into evidence? LE had to have taken pictures of their own. That's what their job was. If they didn't do their job, then let GZ sue them too! I would have no problem with both GZ and Trayvon's family suing the pants off this horrible excuse for a Police Department.

I think they failed both Trayvon and George. I believe George is 100% responsible for Trayvon's death, but what IF... a BIG what IF... George was really defending himself, the police failed him too.

MOO

Ohhh speaking of which...... If the mods aren't around and docs are released remember the rules. In case the docs are not completely redacted. Sometimes they miss a name or two or an addy.

Use first and last initial only of witnesses if provided.
Never post an address
Never name minors
No phone numbers

What did I forget ynot?

Grandma, that's pretty comprehensive. A couple extras for our peeps here:

- NO sleuthing of neighbors, milkmen, postal service workers, the sister's orthodontist's cousin, etc. whose names might turn up in said docs but who have only peripheral relation to this case.
- If a doc is unredacted and you do not have the ability to black out the info Gram and I have outlined above, DO NOT POST THE DOCUMENT.
- Tip your mods generously and frequently.

I think that it's, Grandmaj. ;)

Well, it was when we were very small girls. I think the main draw was that we felt so much pride in the bravery of our dad, all of LE and firefighters...we wanted to see them work. Plus, a firetruck seemed pretty exciting as a pre-schooler.

My dad impressed on us that there was enough for firefighters to deal with without having people in the way and that someone on scene could be hurt or worse, and we wouldn't want anyone intruding on us that way if it were our family. So we understood, but still wanted to follow the firetruck a ways just to watch it.

And certainly, like you, I'd be hiding with my family in the event of gunshots! Sorry, I must've come across differently than I meant to. :)

Ah yes.. the pride of being Law enforcement.. my dad said he fantasized about it all his life. went into the army and then became a police officer (I wasn't even allowed to call him a "cop!!" I still get flustered around a man (yes there are women but u know what I mean) in a uniform! Unfortunately.. not many feel the same way nowadays :(

Lots of the reason is because of the actions of LE like the SPD (IMO, MOO, JMO)

He got out because he saw the rapid decline of the external AND internal respect for the NYPD.

:sigh:
So sad...

Did we ever figure out what these things are in the grass near the crime scene? I took a screen shot from a video, and if you watch it, you can see that there are more than 1 of whatever they are on the grass/ground. Tracy is standing just a few feet away from where Trayvon's body was. :(
Here's the video link:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDIQsAdt-qo&feature=player_embedded#"]Retracing Trayvon Martin's Final Steps Before Vigilante George Zimmerman Lynched Him - YouTube[/ame]

Here's one pic:

tmsomethingongrasscrime.jpg

Did we ever figure out what these things are in the grass near the crime scene? I took a screen shot from a video, and if you watch it, you can see that there are more than 1 of whatever they are on the grass/ground. Tracy is standing just a few feet away from where Trayvon's body was. :(
Here's the video link:
Retracing Trayvon Martin's Final Steps Before Vigilante George Zimmerman Lynched Him - YouTube

Here's one pic:

It looks out of place? Maybe the things they use for utilities (water)? Idk what it's called...

Ah yes.. the pride of being Law enforcement.. my dad said he fantasized about it all his life. went into the army and then became a police officer (I wasn't even allowed to call him a "cop!!" I still get flustered around a man in a uniform! Unfortunately.. not many feel the same way nowadays :(

Lots of the reason is because of the actions of LE like the SPD (IMO, MOO, JMO)

He got out because he saw the rapid decline of the external AND internal respect for the NYPD.

:sigh:
So sad...

It is so very nice to have your perspective. I feel sad for you and your father. I grew up in Union families, like REAL union that worked during the Civil Rights movement for women, people of different races, and Child Labor Laws, and I am very proud of my family and what they have accomplished in this country through their hard work and dedication to American Workers... but it's the same here. So many people have a bad opinion about Unions, like Police, that it really has tarnished what they really work for.

It's very sad.

MOO

It looks out of place? Maybe thing they use for utilities (water)? Idk what it's called...

At about 2:25 of the video, you can clearly see Tracy is closer to home and there is another one on the grass.

Just wondering if maybe in a struggle, GZ could have smashed his head off one of those. We all know his head was not being beaten into a sidewalk over and over again, so I was trying to find an alternative.

Here's the video link:
Retracing Trayvon Martin's Final Steps Before Vigilante George Zimmerman Lynched Him - YouTube

Here's one pic:

I have no idea what that is? Does anyone know?

Unless the photograph was taken by LE, I don't see how it can be admitted into evidence? LE had to have taken pictures of their own. That's what their job was. If they didn't do their job, then let GZ sue them too! I would have no problem with both GZ and Trayvon's family suing the pants off this horrible excuse for a Police Department.

I think they failed both Trayvon and George. I believe George is 100% responsible for Trayvon's death, but what IF... a BIG what IF... George was really defending himself, the police failed him too.

MOO

That's a good question for our lawyers, but based on other cases we've followed here, IMO that photo could be offered as evidence by the defense so long as the photographer was willing to testify under oath that they took it and when/where/under what circumstances. If the state believes it to be a fake, the two sides could battle it out before trial with the judge making the call as to admissibility.

What elephant would that be ?

In the article they state that there had been several break-ins by young black males in the complex. But if anyone says that here it seems that the response has been that GZ made those stories up.

That's a good question for our lawyers, but based on other cases we've followed here, IMO that photo could be offered as evidence by the defense so long as the photographer was willing to testify under oath that they took it and when/where/under what circumstances. If the state believes it to be a fake, the two sides could battle it out before trial with the judge making the call as to admissibility.

Oh, well, if the person has to get up on the stand and testify how he was able to take this picture, then I can see where it would be allowed. Sounds good to me. Is his IPhone going to be taken in as evidence too? It would be nice to have an actual record of the picture being taken?

MOO

I've always thought they might be water meter covers. Or, they might be the main location for turning sprinklers on and off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth