CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

I can't find the link right now, but didn't TN deny a romantic relationship with Phuong? And her brothers didn't know about it. So I'm curious just how this "relationship" came to light? I'm either forgetting or overlooked something. :waitasec: MOO
There are several articles that talk about it. It seems it came to light after the search warrants at Thuc's home and business. But, I also think it really came about by the police and FBI going through Phuong's things. Her phone, maybe journals at home, or other writings?

Here is a snippet from one article that I found the use of the word correspondence interesting. A telephone call is not correspondence. Text messaging might be considered correspondence. Written letters? eMail?:

"Nguyen had no comment Monday. Fairfield police wouldn't elaborate on what type of relationship Le and Nguyen had, only saying that it went beyond a typical employer-employee relationship. Nguyen had corresponded with Le as recently as the day she disappeared, police said."

Sorry if this has been brought up already. TN was married correct? He was home all day, where was his wife? And if they have kids how old are they?

It has been brought up, sarx, but I think it's worth repeating again and again! From what I recall, there has been no mention at all of the wife since the comment from TN in the very beginning about LE telling her PL was pregnant.

Someone made a very good point -- TN's wife is not a suspect or POI in any shape, form, or fashion. We should all remember that. However, she could potentially have vital information, and we're all dying to know!

(I haven't heard mention of any children, but someone else may have.)

Sorry if this has been brought up already. TN was married correct? He was home all day, where was his wife? And if they have kids how old are they?

He is married. He said he was home all day.

No mention of his wife or her whereabouts or even if she could "verify" his being home all day.

No mention of kids that I recall.

There are several articles that talk about it. It seems it came to light after the search warrants at Thuc's home and business. But, I also think it really came about by the police and FBI going through Phuong's things. Her phone, maybe journals at home, or other writings?

Here is a snippet from one article that I found the use of the word correspondence interesting. A telephone call is not correspondence. Text messaging might be considered correspondence. Written letters? eMail?:

"Nguyen had no comment Monday. Fairfield police wouldn't elaborate on what type of relationship Le and Nguyen had, only saying that it went beyond a typical employer-employee relationship. Nguyen had corresponded with Le as recently as the day she disappeared, police said."

Thanks for bumping up the quote, i.b.nora. Yes, that's the excerpt I recall.

I'd hadn't remembered the "correspondence" part either. Great point. No, I wouldn't interpret phone calls to be "correspondence." To me, "correspondence" implies words either written (letters and/or email) or texted.

I have been assuming LE found e-mails or other documentation of a relationship between Phoung and former boss...since they came out with that right away.

And now they are seeking a murder weapon...I think it if is a weapon of opportunity, such as something that could cause a head wound, for example, that could point to a crime of passion...as opposed to a gun or knife seems more like a predator to me. JMO. They may not be sure what exactly they are seeking...something to match a wound perhaps..

But that news headline is very poorly written...are they saying LE went back to search his home for a murder weapon? Poor reporting running rampant these days...

Cops Search Home of Slain Nurse's Married Boss
Police Withhold Cause of Death in Probe of Nurse Phuong Le's Homicide

BY EAMON McNIFF
May 11, 2010

Not exactly sure what is new in this article, the title seems deceptive but...

"ABC News talked briefly with Nguyen today.

"I'm cooperating with the police and the FBI right now. Been tiring. I can't comment on anything," Nguyen, 41, said.

"I'm very sad, and very upset," he said.

Le's brother Dinh told News 10, confirming it appeared to be romantic. Huong Le, another Le brother, told News 10 that Nguyen was married with children.

"That looks really strange to us because he's been a really good friend to our family," said Dinh, 31. "We didn't know they had a relationship like that. We didn't know at all.""

BBM. Quote about children.

It is possible to have a romantic relationship that was not consummated. If TN is the perp perhaps that was a factor.

I really don't have a feel either way about TN. I haven't heard enough info to get a hunch.

The weapon is interesting. Seems to me it's either something they could have overlooked initially like a rope or something that may have not appeared to be a weapon at first glance or they think it's a knife or gun the killer could have thrown deeper into the brush at the place where the body was found. Any thoughts on that?

It is possible to have a romantic relationship that was not consummated. If TN is the perp perhaps that was a factor.

I really don't have a feel either way about TN. I haven't heard enough info to get a hunch.

The weapon is interesting. Seems to me it's either something they could have overlooked initially like a rope or something that may have not appeared to be a weapon at first glance or they think it's a knife or gun the killer could have thrown deeper into the brush at the place where the body was found. Any thoughts on that?

I can't even begin to speculate.

Except I'm thinking perhaps they weren't looking for a weapon at all, initially. Her fatal wounds weren't apparent, from what I read, and it was what they discovered during the autopsy that led them to pursue a specific weapon. What that means? I don't know. But I know it's horrible, whatever it is. :(

From the article darlin gal linked to...

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-phuongle0511,0,1264923.story

I'm hesitant to take this info at face value because I haven't heard it "straight from the horse's (LE's) mouth," yet. But this journalist is citing the investigators, so maybe it IS more than rumor or exaggeration.
Thanks ~ I thought it came from LE but I'm wondering what proof there is. I'd think it would make them even more suspicious of TN if he was involved with her and is now denying it. MOO

Thanks ~ I thought it came from LE but I'm wondering what proof there is. I'd think it would make them even more suspicious of TN if he was involved with her and is now denying it. MOO

Exactly. And TN hasn't contradicted himself thus far, that I can recall. At least not in the info that's been released and reviewed here. ???

He is married. He said he was home all day.

No mention of his wife or her whereabouts or even if she could "verify" his being home all day.

No mention of kids that I recall.
Since he seems to be relying on neighborhood video as an "alibi" that he never left home, it appears she wasn't home but I would like some confirmation one way or the other. I have seen articles where children were mentioned but no ages given. MOO

Phuong Le's family announces memorial, funeral plans

"A memorial service for Le that will be open to the public will be held Wednesday, May 18, at Bryan-Braker Funeral Home, 1050 W. Texas Street in Fairfield from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The next day, Thursday, May 19, will be Le's funeral at Holy Spirit Church, 1050 North Texas Street in Fairfield at 10 a.m. The public is also welcome to attend, says the family."

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=81274&catid=2

:rose:

Phuong Le's family announces memorial, funeral plans

"A memorial service for Le that will be open to the public will be held Wednesday, May 18, at Bryan-Braker Funeral Home, 1050 W. Texas Street in Fairfield from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The next day, Thursday, May 19, will be Le's funeral at Holy Spirit Church, 1050 North Texas Street in Fairfield at 10 a.m. The public is also welcome to attend, says the family."

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=81274&catid=2

:rose:

It's amazing to me how strong and humble her family has been through all this. I really wish I could go and pay my respects.

It's amazing to me how strong and humble her family has been through all this. I really wish I could go and pay my respects.
I do also. It seems like she was a very special young woman, with a close, loving family and it is heartbreaking what they must be going through now.

IIRC, LE wouldn't say it was romantic, then there was an article where LE went and talked to the family. The article said LE was more open with the family, and told them it was romantic, and the article was interviewing one or two of the brothers, who said LE told them it was romantic.

Since he seems to be relying on neighborhood video as an "alibi" that he never left home, it appears she wasn't home but I would like some confirmation one way or the other. I have seen articles where children were mentioned but no ages given. MOO

I don't recall him mentioning that video again since he initially said it. Does anyone else? If I'm recalling that correctly, then that would tell me that LE checked out the video, and that it did not prove his alibi as he thought it would, therefore he stopped talking about it. Me, I'd keep shouting it from the rooftops if it proved it, particularly now. I'd make sure my attorney was on the news shouting it out too.

IIRC, LE wouldn't say it was romantic, then there was an article where LE went and talked to the family. The article said LE was more open with the family, and told them it was romantic, and the article was interviewing one or two of the brothers, who said LE told them it was romantic.
Thanks! I also just read the latest article where LE addresses the issue, and accept it at that!

"Fairfield Police Lt. Darrin Moody would not go into details of Le's relationship with her boss, Thuc Nguyen, according to ABC News affiliate News 10, but Moody said it was "more than a work relationship." "

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/homicide-cops-search-home-phuong-les-married-boss/story?id=10615954

I don't recall him mentioning that video again since he initially said it. Does anyone else? If I'm recalling that correctly, then that would tell me that LE checked out the video, and that it did not prove his alibi as he thought it would, therefore he stopped talking about it. Me, I'd keep shouting it from the rooftops if it proved it, particularly now. I'd make sure my attorney was on the news shouting it out too.
I haven't heard anything from TN since his initial statements, and now he doesn't want to comment much and I wonder if his "alibi" has just been rehashed over and over by journalists to fill in their articles or if TN has said anything more about it. I do recall that LE was going to check out the video but I don't remember what came of it, if anything? :waitasec:

The police didn't collect the Rancho Solano video/s until Friday, the day they found her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back