Seaching for Anna - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasmom I don't know what you are feeling. I can imagine there are a whole range of emotions right now from hopefulness, anxiousness, frustration all mixed with the occasional twinge of anger now and then. And maybe even the occasional moment of calmness and certainity. (A little like waiting for the results of diagnostic tests.)
All I can say is that whether the answer is yes or no (and it is looking more and more like a yes) that when you do get an answer, you will at least have an answer you can trust. There will be no more uncertainity as to whether this is the correct answer or not. And maybe, just maybe the answer will be worth it.
I just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you. I've been checking in a lot more frequently lately- with my fingers and toes crossed- hoping that you finally have an answer.

My heart stopped just reading this first sentence. I am so glad that he seems understanding and supporting, which is what you need. None of us, unless we have been through what you have, and I sure never have, can even BEGIN to comprehend what you are going through right now. I personally, am in awe of you and how you have come through all of this!
I know that the San Mateo Sheriff's office reads the forum (they have told me so), so I don't want to go on and on and embarrass them, but I wanted to add a little to what I posted in haste last night. Det. G says that before anything else, he wants to find Anna. Backtracking to see how she may have gotten to wherever she did is not even on his list right now. He also said that he understands that C and I and our families are more or less "on hold" until the DNA results come through, and that the forum and through them probably thousands of people have a strong interest in ruling this possible match one way or another. He said he wanted to make sure that the CADOJ understood this and that it was not just a matter of running DNA on an unidentified. He was expecting and waiting for a call from them in this regard. Our contact at Congressman Lantos' office also is still on the job.
There is no way at all that I can possibly express my gratitude to all of you for your prayers, your keen investigation, and your support. How am I getting through it? Well, I couldn't get through it alone, for sure. And I thank you.

...YOU'RE KILLING US DOOGIE! What do you mean you won't be able to tell us? Can you PM us and not broadcast...something. Holy shamolies!

Remember that the moment that C is confirmed as Anna, this case becomes a criminal matter. Certain individuals would immediately become either material witnesses, accompliaces or kidnappers and LE will be swinging into high gear getting answers. Since we do not know exactly who is monitoring this site, it will be prudent that the first notice that those involved received would be face-to-face with LE and they not be given a "heads-up" on this forum. Certainly, we will be eager to share here as soon as we can, but we must not do anything that would jepardize any further investigation.

Remember that the moment that C is confirmed as Anna, this case becomes a criminal matter. Certain individuals would immediately become either material witnesses, accompliaces or kidnappers and LE will be swinging into high gear getting answers. Since we do not know exactly who is monitoring this site, it will be prudent that the first notice that those involved received would be face-to-face with LE and they not be given a "heads-up" on this forum. Certainly, we will be eager to share here as soon as we can, but we must not do anything that would jepardize any further investigation.

I know, I know *sighing with shoulders down in defeat*

You are right. ugh

DD or Annasmom: Did Anna ever go down to the Harbor in HMB? The reason I am asking is I have some contacts on a fishing forum that I know have old pics of the Harbor back then. If that would help stir C memory an I truly hope she is Anna. I can ask them to e-mail the photos and I can send to you. If they would help PM me. ALso could I tell them what I need them for?
I am sorry I did not think of this a long time ago.

DD or Annasmom: Did Anna ever go down to the Harbor in HMB? The reason I am asking is I have some contacts on a fishing forum that I know have old pics of the Harbor back then. If that would help stir C memory an I truly hope she is Anna. I can ask them to e-mail the photos and I can send to you. If they would help PM me. ALso could I tell them what I need them for?
I am sorry I did not think of this a long time ago.
Good idea; thank you. I don't think we went to the harbor often, since we lived seven miles south of Half Moon Bay, but our neighbor had the Abalone Shop there, so we must have gone some time.

Annasmom: Did anyone show C any pictures of you, Joe, your sons, the house, and Saturn the dog to help jog her memory if she indeed is Anna?

Good idea; thank you. I don't think we went to the harbor often, since we lived seven miles south of Half Moon Bay, but our neighbor had the Abalone Shop there, so we must have gone some time.

WHat years would you like me to see if I can get?

Annasmom: Did anyone show C any pictures of you, Joe, your sons, the house, and Saturn the dog to help jog her memory if she indeed is Anna?

Great question!

Annasmom- I just want to give you a big hug every time I read one of your posts.

I can't imagine all these years of not knowing what happened to your daughter.

I really think (and pray) that you will be reunited with her soon. I know it won't be easy, but I hope that you will be able to have some type of relationship with her.

If I have ever wanted anyone on Websleuths to be right, it's you right now.

Prayers!

Me too Janet and I think that we are speaking for a lot of others here in saying so. I know it would make my Mother's Day happy too.

Shapes and colors -- this is what she recalled from the bus. Exactly what I've experienced with others who have a trauma related blackout (and experienced myself). I would guess she might respond to the picture of the dog (can't remember how long the dog had been part of the family) -- favorite outfits -- if she had a coat, favorite shirt or pants or boots she might remember that with some questions. These things carry less risk than remembering people or events. Some evidence also now exists that shapes, colors and smells are stored as memories in another part of the brain. Flooring is often recalled -- a child is close to the floor, plays on the floor and the floor has a sound as well as a color and texture. The floor where my sister was killed is one of my only memories of that time but I can recall all the kitchen and bedroom floors of various houses since I was 3. Many others can do the same.

I'm excited and praying daily. As a horse person I would say most kids have a riding experience with a non family person but the other things are very powerful for me -- especially the bus color and shape because that is so close to my own experience of what would likely be recalled.

Hugs and blessings.

One other quick note about the significance of the bus: after the trip was completed, the bus was parked on the farm for a period of time and served as a playhouse for Anna and her friends. This would be another reason why she may remember the bus.

Our assemblyperson here is phoning the DOJ direct, I just learned.

1972 would be the best, JDB. Thank you.

Check you PM Doggie you to. I hope this helps. I also have sent another e-mail to a good friend then has a bunch of Old timers fishing on thier boat every other Monday.

No need to thank Me . When you find Anna that will be thanks enough.

Our assemblyperson here is phoning the DOJ direct, I just learned.

I guess it pays to know the right people.

I recall that years ago my father's business was having some tax hassles and was having no luck in getting through to anyone who had the ability or desire to remedy the situation. One of his company's middle managers volunteered that he knew a woman from the tax agency who was in his square dance club. One quick call and the proper forms necessary to correct the problem were mailed out - problem solved because of square dancing!

I guess it pays to know the right people.

I recall that years ago my father's business was having some tax hassles and was having no luck in getting through to anyone who had the ability or desire to remedy the situation. One of his company's middle managers volunteered that he knew a woman from the tax agency who was in his square dance club. One quick call and the proper forms necessary to correct the problem were mailed out - problem solved because of square dancing!

I'm glad to see that our elected representatives really do go out of the way for their people. I remember when my dad kept getting threatened by the city of Oakland for a parking ticket he never got. He'd never been in Oakland and kept trying to relate this to them, but they kept on with their threats. Pop got a hold of Rep. Robert Matsui's office and explained the situation to them... within days the city of Oakland sent a letter of apology to Pop and told him that the whole misunderstanding was dropped.

It's great to see more out there that take care of their people!

We are sending blessings your way, Annasmom! Dr. Doogie, you are the kind of friend that everyone needs, what a great guy you are! All this interest by the right people working on this is wonderful, it's good to hear that things are being done by politicians and others to really make progress on this.
The 'bus description' gave me chills, we can hardly wait, but we are patient! Blessings to all this week!

Shapes and colors -- this is what she recalled from the bus.... shapes, colors and smells are stored as memories in another part of the brain. Flooring is often recalled -- a child is close to the floor, plays on the floor and the floor has a sound as well as a color and texture...
Hugs and blessings.
This is SO true Rideforfun. My sister has almost no memory of our youth, but the few things she does remember is flooring. Grandmas basement tile floor, the hardwood floors at our first house, and the green shag at the next.

When we where young, my mom used to always wear "Youth Dew" perfume from Estee Lauder. It has been 30 years since I last smelled that. Then at Church (on Easter Sunday) I smelled it on an older lady. I immediately asked her if that was what she was wearing and she was shocked that I recognized it. She said it was from a very old bottle that she only uses for "special Occasions".

I wonder if Annasmom had a favorite perfume or body lotion with an unmistakable sent. Would be interesting to secretly ask one of "C" friends to put something on that Annasmom or Joe Ford would have worn and then go see "C" and see if that would jog up a few memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb