GUILTY FL - Dylan Wallace for attempted murder of his father, Leesburg, 2009

GetSmart

Reaction score
Leesburg Teen Shoots Father In Head, Self In Mouth

http://www.wftv.com/news/18496017/detail.html#-

Friday, January 16, 2009 – updated: 5:27 pm EST January 16, 2009
LAKE COUNTY, Fla. -- It's a family fight that's almost unimaginable. A 16-year-old boy shot his 47-year-old father in the head and then turned the gun on himself Friday at their home along SR-44 in Lake County (see map).Somehow, they both survived.Dylan Wallace is a freshman at Leesburg High School. School officials plan to tell students what happened when they come back to school on Tuesday. Eyewitness News learned Dylan had been in trouble with the law at least two other times, once for larceny and the other time for criminal mischief.AT THE SCENE: Aerial Images Outside HomeDeborah Wallace rushed home after learning her 16-year-old son Dylan shot his father and then himself in the head. Deputies said the father and son had been arguing about unpaid traffic tickets when Dylan got angry and shot his father.The father, David Wallace, called 911 for help."The victim actually answered the door after being shot in the head. He was able to relay to the deputies what happened, that his son had shot him in the head," said Lt. John Herrell, Lake County Sheriff's Office.Deputies searched the home and found the teenager in the yard armed with a gun. A deputy told him to drop the gun, but instead Dylan put it in his mouth and shot himself.While investigators collected evidence, news of the shooting spread to fellow classmates at Leesburg High School. His mother told authorities he tried to commit suicide four other times.-----------

The poor mother
..at the hospital your husband shot in the head..your son did it...he's also in stable condition..my God.. I am saying prayers for her..

Over PARKING TICKETS of all things!??!?!?

I feel so sorry for that woman.

Over PARKING TICKETS of all things!??!?!?

Unbelievable isn't it?

Every time I am channel surfing and I see these Nanny shows and look at all these young children completely out of control and throwing hissy fits because they are sooooooooooooooooooo angry, it scares me to death. What in the world is happening to some of our children.

In some of the shows they are so angry that I worry that they will have an aneurysm or a heart attack.

Such raging anger is not normal or is it becoming more common these day?

imo

Was the gun used kept in the house? That would seem strange to me if the son had tried to commit suicide 4 times prior. I would not have a firearm in the house if my child had a history of trying to commit suicide.

Tried to commit suicide four other times, yet living around or at least able to get a gun, drive and get tickets, and continue to get into trouble which was more the point of the article than suicide attempts. I'd like to know if the boy was diagnosed with a mental illness, was he hospitalized after other suicide attempts, was he on medication, etc. That's more important to know than he was in trouble for larceny and unpaid tickets.

Unbelievable isn't it?

Every time I am channel surfing and I see these Nanny shows and look at all these young children completely out of control and throwing hissy fits because they are sooooooooooooooooooo angry, it scares me to death. What in the world is happening to some of our children.

In some of the shows they are so angry that I worry that they will have an aneurysm or a heart attack.

Such raging anger is not normal or is it becoming more common these day?

imo

ITA, Ocean. I have no idea why, but I love those nanny shows, but the children are frightening! I think part of the reason why I like them is because I feel like I can pat myself on the back that my child was never that way, but at the same time, I look at some of those parents that allow or encourage or ignore that behavior and have to think WTF? :confused: Of course, after having a nanny for only a week, the children all become little angels. I would like to see a follow up on some of those shows 10 years from now and see how the children turned out.

August 2009:

TAVARES -- Prosecutors have filed adult charges against a Leesburg teen accused of shooting his father in the back of the head and turning the gun on himself after an argument about traffic tickets. Both father and son lived.

Dylan Wallace, 16, who has been involuntarily committed to mental-health facilities three times in the past two years, was charged with attempted first-degree murder after prosecutors reviewed the sheriff's investigation and met with his parents

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-04-29/news/adult_1_dylan-tavares-david-wallace

October 2010:

A Leesburg teenager who shot his father in the head after an argument over traffic tickets avoided a lifetime in prison because a judge and prosecutors agreed to give him a second chance...

Circuit Judge Mark Nacke imposed the unusual sentence that includes 20 years probation.

After his father grounded him and took his car away because of a second traffic ticket in two months, the teen crept up behind his father, seated at a computer, and shot him in the back of the head with a handgun...

"Something went wrong, he snapped, blacked out, (went) temporarily insane, I don't know, but it was not my son," David Wallace, 49, recalled in a letter he wrote to the State Attorney's Office, asking for leniency...

Prosecutors charged the then 16-year-old as an adult over the parents' objections...

Assistant State Attorney Sue Purdy pointed out that the teen, involuntarily hospitalized three times after threatening or attempting suicide and whose mother is fighting cancer, was diagnosed with a psychological disorder marked by explosive, impulsive behavior...

In the dramatic 911 call, David Wallace, though wounded and bleeding, can be heard begging Smalt, "Please don't kill my son…please don't shoot him…" and calling out to his son, "Dylan, I love you."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...7_1_dylan-wallace-father-and-son-bill-gladson

Wow... The blind loyalty of some parents amazes me. I just hope it was deserved in this case.

October 2010:

Lake County Deputy Sheriff Michael Smalt had every right to pull the trigger...

"My training said fire," Smalt recalled. "I wanted to go home [alive]."...

[Smalt] says he came close to firing at Dylan.

But he didn't...

Though sentencing guidelines called for the teen to receive a minimum of 25 years in prison, Smalt agreed with the resolution crafted by the State Attorney's Office, defense lawyer Michael Hatfield and Circuit Judge Mark Nacke.

"I'm totally fine with the sentence. His dad didn't die, thank goodness. He didn't die, thank goodness. Maybe with a second chance, he can get his life right," Smalt said. "I don't think jail is the right ticket in all cases."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...oting-20101017_1_smalt-deputy-police-officers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back