CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the photo of Annie at the door, she is leaning far away from the door or whoever is at the door? Just seems she isn't walking or standing the way we would normally. I have noticed that people who are uncomfortable with someone or something tend to lean away.

the basement looks lonely and like a warehouse.........Scarey to me!!!

Hi, this is my first post guys so be nice. Some things bother me. First, maybe this guy (and I am assuming) was like, "If I do this now, they will assume this is a runaway bride and it will buy me time" kind of thing. Second, and this is the reason I signed up on Websleuths in the first place, how do we know that Annie did not take the transit to her office and leave her office to visit the lab for a moment? Perhaps she was supposed to be the TA in Bennet's class at 10:30. That would prompt him to teach the class on his own and notify the dean that she did not show up for work. I was a TA and it was a "paid job" in that it paid a small amount and I got college credit. I never heard of a lab job for pay in college but that does not mean it didn't happen.

At 10:00? I run over to the lab (that's why I left all my personal things in my office at Sterling) and will be back in time for my paid job with Bennett at 10:30. I didn't show up.

Just a thought.

Welcome and more graceful maiden post than my own, way back when. I don't know how significant in the timeline the class meeting absences are, but I can heartily agree with your main point that Anni left her personal belongings in Sterling because she expected her trip to the lab to relatively brief. Which, to me at least, makes it all the more tragic....

Welcome. Speculation is it was a 2p class...but who knows?

Yes, I have read every single post here. That's my problem. There was one article that said she had a "class in the afternoon" but I NEVER saw anything that said 2pm or anything that connected her to an afternoon class except one article. And let's face it. Yes, there were bloody clothes (Fri). No, that's not true (Sat). Yes, there was a body (Sat) . No, that's not true (Sat). Yes, there is a suspect in custody who called a lawyer, has defensive wounds and failed a poly (Sun). No, that's not true either. There are bloody clothes (well we don't know what kind of blood).

Hi, this is my first post guys so be nice. Some things bother me. First, maybe this guy (and I am assuming) was like, "If I do this now, they will assume this is a runaway bride and it will buy me time" kind of thing. Second, and this is the reason I signed up on Websleuths in the first place, how do we know that Annie did not take the transit to her office and leave her office to visit the lab for a moment? Perhaps she was supposed to be the TA in Bennet's class at 10:30. That would prompt him to teach the class on his own and notify the dean that she did not show up for work. I was a TA and it was a "paid job" in that it paid a small amount and I got college credit. I never heard of a lab job for pay in college but that does not mean it didn't happen.

At 10:00? I run over to the lab (that's why I left all my personal things in my office at Sterling) and will be back in time for my paid job with Bennett at 10:30. I didn't show up.

Just a thought.

Welcome esqgerl! I'm not sure about Annie's position, but it's quite common for people to be offered positions on a research team and have paid salaries. Their discoveries would only be listed by assistants with full discovery going to the person in charge and the university housing the team. In return, the university could pay room & board, health insurance, tuition, etc. Sometimes salaries, when you include everything offered as a side, can exceed 50K...which would be perfect for someone pursuing post graduate degrees...as well as to be part of cutting edge discoveries. As far as a regular lab worker, I'm really not sure. I do have an example, though. My husband just took a part time job at the UD doing security at the games. Once he's with them for 2 years, our children get a HUGE discount if they go there. If he were a full time employee, our children could go for free, with the exception of books (which could cost 2K in and of itself). So, when I think about it, maybe a lab tech could get free tuidition...not sure though...

In the photo of Annie at the door, she is leaning far away from the door or whoever is at the door? Just seems she isn't walking or standing the way we would normally. I have noticed that people who are uncomfortable with someone or something tend to lean away.

welcome.gif
to you too, dtecktiv!!!!

Earlier in this thread, I saw a pic of who was at the door. It appeared to be a female to me...or a thin male with a pony tail.

I don't think the murder was pre-meditated. I think the perp has been infatuated with Annie for quite some time, and he knew since she was getting married, he had to make his move. She turned him down, and that's when he got mad. JMO.

I think she was leaning away from the door so she wouldn't get hit by it.

WHO would know how to use the autoclave, set off the firealarm,
want to kill Annie, know wher to hide clothes and body in ceiling and in wall???..........

what occupation would know all the mechanics of the bolded???
maintenance guy that was infatuated with her and was shunned........
couldn't take the rejection when she talked about her wedding???

someone just said that also on NG as I typed!!!
Well I guess it's possible, but would maintenance workers be in the lab when Annie was doing her research/experiments? Would they know she had reserved the room? I'd think if it was an emergency or something, but normally they wouldn't be repairing stuff while students are in there doing what she was. Someone who was down in the lab on a regular basis could figure out the ceiling to hide clothes and possibly the area in the wall she was found ~ and know how use an autoclave and set off the fire alarm, if that's what was done. MOO

OT Patrick Swayze died.

I think we know much less now about Annie's case than we thought we knew this time yesterday. Plus, even things we find out were wrong keep turning out to be right and vice versa.

I don't think the murder was pre-meditated. I think the perp has been infatuated with Annie for quite some time, and he knew since she was getting married, he had to make his move. She turned him down, and that's when he got mad. JMO.
I too think it was a stalker who wanted her. MOO

I just thought of something...in some of the docs that have been posted of Annie's, medical docs, etc, I've seen where she's experimented on mice. Could this help us in anyway? I am trying to remember back to when I was in school. I thought the mice we injected and ordered for breeding were handled by Rodent Techie's...which were also considered Lab Techs and Animal Techs. Does Yale offer Rodent Services which would be handled by a tech that could pass training and clearance? In other words, is this something they contract out or house indoors, if they even offer this type of service. I would think that scientists of this magnitude, scientists that are into breakthrough discoveries, wouldn't handle their own rodent habitat. I'd think it's handled by an inhouse rodent service of some type. If so, would they be housed or located in the same area as the basement lab Annie did her work on? And lastly, if I'm right about this, is there a way to find out who is involved in Rodent Services in Annie's lab area?

...Puffster...Emma...Labrat...anyone?

Is this the list you are looking for?

http://info.med.yale.edu/yarc/vcs/contacts.htm

Recovering-Lurker, nice being back and reading your posts! Something to keep in mind, though, is that premeditation can be formed in less than 3 seconds... Even if it was spur of the moment, say Annie didn't die with the first strike - which I don't think she did if the perp has defensive wounds - then premeditation definitely comes into play based on the perps own protection factor. :blowkiss:

sigh....NG asking where Annie bought her wedding dress....why?

Well I guess it's possible, but would maintenance workers be in the lab when Annie was doing her research/experiments? Would they know she had reserved the room? I'd think if it was an emergency or something, but normally they wouldn't be repairing stuff while students are in there doing what she was. Someone who was down in the lab on a regular basis could figure out the ceiling to hide clothes and possibly the area in the wall she was found ~ and know how use an autoclave and set off the fire alarm, if that's what was done. MOO

I'm thinking a maintenance guy that stalked her, watched over her schedule, she may of talked nice to him and said she would be back in on that day and time.......maybe she had a ridgid schedule???

NG demo on cadaver dogs again

Yes, I have read every single post here. That's my problem. There was one article that said she had a "class in the afternoon" but I NEVER saw anything that said 2pm or anything that connected her to an afternoon class except one article. And let's face it. Yes, there were bloody clothes (Fri). No, that's not true (Sat). Yes, there was a body (Sat) . No, that's not true (Sat). Yes, there is a suspect in custody who called a lawyer, has defensive wounds and failed a poly (Sun). No, that's not true either. There are bloody clothes (well we don't know what kind of blood).

Yup...clear as mud.:)

sigh....NG asking where Annie bought her wedding dress....why?

I think she was just reminiscing, connecting with a friend over the details of Annie's wedding. It's usually important to a bride..I think NG was just being sentimental with Vanessa.

O/T Vanessa reminds me of Marisa Tomei, in the face

I just thought of something...in some of the docs that have been posted of Annie's, medical docs, etc, I've seen where she's experimented on mice. Could this help us in anyway? I am trying to remember back to when I was in school. I thought the mice we injected and ordered for breeding were handled by Rodent Techie's...which were also considered Lab Techs and Animal Techs. Does Yale offer Rodent Services which would be handled by a tech that could pass training and clearance? In other words, is this something they contract out or house indoors, if they even offer this type of service. I would think that scientists of this magnitude, scientists that are into breakthrough discoveries, wouldn't handle their own rodent habitat. I'd think it's handled by an inhouse rodent service of some type. If so, would they be housed or located in the same area as the basement lab Annie did her work on? And lastly, if I'm right about this, is there a way to find out who is involved in Rodent Services in Annie's lab area?

...Puffster...Emma...Labrat...anyone?

salverenga, thank you! It's not the exact list but what you just supplied answered a question I had about 10 minutes ago! YALE OFFERS RODENT SERVICES! Please refer to the below link...I certainly don't want to go off on a tangent but it could be linked somewhat...maybe not, but maybe...

http://info.med.yale.edu/yarc/vcs/rodent.htm

The Rodent Service provides comprehensive breeding and colony management services to assist investigators with rodent-based research. The benefits are as follows:
Reduces time and costs for colony management
Provides complete colony records including documentation of lineage
Ensures regulatory compliance
The following services are available at an hourly rate of $77. Total breeding colony management packages or individual services are provided. Individual consultation is provided at no charge.

Weekly (minimum) monitoring of breeding pairs
Twice weekly (minimum) monitoring of harem breeding pairs
Daily monitoring of pregnant females and females with litters
Separation of pregnant females (harem pens)
Weaning
Setup and retirement of breeders
Timed matings
Identification of individual animals
Record keeping and monthly reports
Biopsy for DNA analysis
Euthanasia
The Rodent Service can also provide technical assistance with chronic drug administration, sample collection, minor surgical procedures and other experimental procedures in rodents.
Unquote

Now, I wonder if Annie or her research team used these services. I would think the service tech would be housed in the lab itself...and I know from Annie's med docs that she used mice...

Where I live we all share a gym and pool and clubhouse by swiping a card and we always hold the door open for people we know........happens here all the time......
I'm sure the same with YALE and the girl saw through the door that Annie had her hands full. If only Annie would of had her hands free. I'm wondering if once she got to basement with holding that book,package whatever, she had no chanse when she was attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288