AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 28 RSO in the Grand Bay area does anyone know the name of the truck stop or the address so I can narrow down which ones would have been near her IF she did get to the truck stop

My understanding is it is TA Truck Stop Grand Bay Alabama

I think I have had enough for one night, goodnight guys. Maybe later today we will hear good news about Brit.

If you look at a map...Prichard is dead square in the middle of Styx River and Grand Bay. RSW was staying in Prichard I believe. He may have been hotel bouncing or staying with a friend. I am not sure. I can say that I lived in Mobile but went to school at John L Leflore near Prichard and that is not a good area!

Dead square but to the north of I-10 a good bit. I've been thinking about the timing of the pings. If the timeline is correct then there was one hour and 33 minutes between pings. Here is a map to give us an idea of the travel time between three points: the Wilcox truck stop, Prichard, and the Grand Bay Wilmer Road S. locations.

http://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c...US&2l=30.478001&2g=-88.339767&2v=CITY#mqPgSt4

Driving from the Wilcox truck stop area to the Grand Bay truck stop area would take about 45 - 50 minutes (50.54 miles - this is approximate because I don't know the exact address of the truck stop, but this would be very close). A drive from Wilcox to Prichard and then to Grand Bay would be about 1 hour (around/close to 60 miles).

Prichard is known to be a high-crime area, but so is Grand Bay. Again... poverty, drugs, high drop out rates.

This is what my husband thinks. He thinks that with meth in the mix that anything could have happened and so he doesn't put as much stock in what is going on with the uncles as I do... I see too many coincidences to dismiss their involvement but he thinks she could be binging or she could be being kept by someone else who may or may not be aware she is missing at all. The truck stops around here are notorious for the criminal element. There have been instances of women being held in trucks at these stops. Some have escaped in the past and ended up in local shelters that take in rape victims. With meth and the pings coming near truck stops... overwhelming to think about it.

All the truck stops on I-10 should be provided with BW's missing poster. The shelters need to be informed. IMO.

I can show you how to get the fax number to every truck stop in the USA. Her poster could be faxed with a note to please display. I see them displayed all the time.

okay I had a thought and had to get back on to post it. According to last seen and cell pings she left Tillman Corner and went East to Styx River, why did dhe then go west passing Tillmans corner to the truck stop in Grand bay if she was trying to hide, wouldn't it make more since if she was planning on going into hiding that she would have continued East as she was heading to begin with? The sudden change in direction past her original starting point tells me that something happened in Sty, so my current thought is whatever happened, happened in Sty and at least her cell phone if not her left Styx and went to Grand bay. Okay time for bed for realz this time

BBM

If you look at RSW's FB page you will see they had a "lively" Thanksgiving 2011 and perhaps they were not arrested but it seems pretty clear that "violent activities" are SOP at family gatherings...

They live near rivers, bays and an ocean... prime locations for disposing of a body. REALLY hoping that is not the case but it is a logical means.

Wow I just read that post. However it seems like MWH and RSWs crew werent involved in it and were considering not going to gatherings again because of the "fights" that happen. It appears by that post TJW and CW were the ones hurt in that incident. Which does bring up the fact that even though the uncles have alot against them....maybe they werent involved. BW and her brothers look based off of FB posts to have really sketchy friends. The 3 were into drugs and both brothers have been in and out of jail. Could someone have been after the brothers and did something to BW???

Honesty: was there any information or follow up on early today (the girl on the interstate)?

I spoke with Klass Kids. The information has been given to the investigator on Brittmeys case. That is all I have for now.

Dead square but to the north of I-10 a good bit. I've been thinking about the timing of the pings. If the timeline is correct then there was one hour and 33 minutes between pings. Here is a map to give us an idea of the travel time between three points: the Wilcox truck stop, Prichard, and the Grand Bay Wilmer Road S. locations.

http://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c...US&2l=30.478001&2g=-88.339767&2v=CITY#mqPgSt4

Driving from the Wilcox truck stop area to the Grand Bay truck stop area would take about 45 - 50 minutes (50.54 miles - this is approximate because I don't know the exact address of the truck stop, but this would be very close). A drive from Wilcox to Prichard and then to Grand Bay would be about 1 hour (around/close to 60 miles).

Prichard is known to be a high-crime area, but so is Grand Bay. Again... poverty, drugs, high drop out rates.

There has been confusion on the timeline but I am almost 100% percent positive it has been corrected to 05/31 1207 in styx river area and 06/01 140am in Grand Bay area at the TA truck stop. So there is 24 hours between pings in which she DID talk to or text people but LE is saying noone is claiming to see her during that time nor or they saying that she said where she was. So she headed towards styx river at 730 on 05/30 and at 1207am 05/31 her phone pings in styx river. Then the last ping is 24 hours later at 140am at the TA truck stop in Grand Bay......we have to figure out that 24 hour period

There has been confusion on the timeline but I am almost 100% percent positive it has been corrected to 05/31 1207 in styx river area and 06/01 140am in Grand Bay area at the TA truck stop. So there is 24 hours between pings in which she DID talk to or text people but LE is saying noone is claiming to see her during that time nor or they saying that she said where she was. So she headed towards styx river at 730 on 05/30 and at 1207am 05/31 her phone pings in styx river. Then the last ping is 24 hours later at 140am at the TA truck stop in Grand Bay......we have to figure out that 24 hour period
According to the latest timeline that 'footballmom' posted on page 1 of this thread, and referenced on page 2 of this thread, both pings were in the wee hours of 5/31. These two timeline items are in green font.

You all are amazing, the way you can piece together these items in a time line, debate and discuss even the tiniest details, examine sensitive topics with compassion.

And here I am about interrupt other's meaningful things with an emotional diatribe, please forgive me.

Why can't People magazine (or any of its peers) forget about Kim Kardashian for one printing, and replace it with Brittney Wood? This case has all the juicy angles available for exploit to sell copies, if it were needed.

Why does it feel that each of society's preventative and 'stop loss' measures failed her? She only finished the eighth grade was it? A teenage pregnancy then loss of custody, heavy drug use, some apparent childhood trauma added into growing up in what seems to be a pedophilia ring. (Yes I know it was only three uncles being investigated, excuse my exaggeration :( )

Now she's missing. And the collective nonreaction is much more vile because of those past societal failures. It seems like the only institutions she has on her side is Klaaskids, Websleuths, and a facebook page. God bless all of you here.

I'm sorry for the emotional ranting!

Question! (so I can try to contribute instead of whine):
The gun uncle Donnie shot himself with, any idea how many bullets were remaining in the clip? Since its pretty rare for someone to be able to expend more then one on themselves in a suicide, would like to know how many bullets were left. I think .25s usually get a clip that will hold 7 or 8, and if I remember right, its illegal for a civilian to have one that holds more. And I'd read earlier that there were residue tests performed after his death. I wonder if clothes he'd worn say the day before or so were also tested. I know info is tight atm, but hoping someone will know :(

I was looking at RSW's fb page. He is really into role playing games. There are pictures of him posted on a fb page called Mini War Games about a week before all of this started. Theres also alot of activities listed that he does in Fairhope and with one guy in particular that lives in Fairhope I haven't been able to connect this to any of the other family members, but DK'S fb page is skimpy and DH's fb page is gone. I just thought it was interesting, because people have been known to take role playing games into real life. It may have nothing to do with anything , but we wanted some new theories. That's the best I can come up with now. It's also interesting to note that RSW has been in Alabama since 2010 and his family is still in Tnn.

WHAT IF.... Alledged Victim told RSW about what DH did to her? What if DH couldnt handle the fact of what he did and killed himself? WHAT IF OUT OF GUILT the Victim them told LE that it was not DH and it was RSW?

OMG there are 4 RSO that live in one apt. complex its the Homestead Ave Apts....... I thought they couldn't live that close to one another

Those apartments are the 1st place I thought of when I heard Grand Bay. They are full all kinds of illegal activities. They are cheap, utilities are included, no lease so no credit or background check...atleast that's how they were a couple of years ago. They are very high crime. A lot of drug users live and visit there though for obvious reasons.

WHAT IF.... Alledged Victim told RSW about what DH did to her? What if DH couldnt handle the fact of what he did and killed himself? WHAT IF OUT OF GUILT the Victim them told LE that it was not DH and it was RSW?

Unless I have things mixed up, LE were investigating at least 2 separate victims. DH's victim was not the same as the other two.

Of course, given the weirdness of the situation, there could be more coming to light.

Unless I have things mixed up, LE were investigating at least 2 separate victims. DH's victim was not the same as the other two.

Of course, given the weirdness of the situation, there could be more coming to light.

Thanks, I must have missed that post.

Snipped from thread 2 this link:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2
snipped
My brother who was arrested for the bs allegations against him was in no way involved in Bittney's disappearance. He helped fund and w as out with us everyday crying and searching for her. He was the one that reported the incident with what he is being charged for to police. snipped.*

Snipped from this thread that we're on now:
I am confused as to why SW said that RSW reported BS allegations about himself. Why would someone report BS allegations about themselves?

That's not exactly what she said. She said he initially reported what he's now charged with. She doesn't mean he reported himself. I hope that makes sense because that's about all I can do to explain.

So what your saying is that he reported the sexual abuse, made the report and allegations and then after the police investigated they arrested him and the other uncle???????????? I'm trying to follow you here but I'm a bit confused.:waitasec:

My assumption would be that RSW reported the alligations against DH, and after the cops began investigating it....well it led to them charging RSW and DK. Which opens an entire new can of worms. The thoughts of what could have possibly happened if the 3 uncles were fueding over the alligations each one of them had and if poor BW got mixed up in it just because she was visiting DH that day and heard what was going on.

MOO. I understood it as he made the initial report and was somehow implicated after the report (either some person(s) implicated him or evidence during the investigation implicated him).

why the hell would someone report something that they were guilty of doing???............Wait a sec.. maybe he isn't guilty...maybe he made the allegations about DH and then when DH was interviewed he implicated the 2 uncles, DH felt guilty about what he had done and commited suicide.... but where does Brittnay fit in this?

BBM Either extreme guilt or innocence MOO.
I have had the fleeting "what if he isn't guilty" thought, but the 4 month investigation into the allegations along with his charges give me pause. Though, in the same breath, 4 months is a long time for seeds to be planted and grown, IYKWIM? As for how Brittney fits into this, she either doesn't or is an integral part. All MOO.

If he's so stinking innocent, then why did he confess? If DH had confessed, he would have been arrested & held, therefore we'd see a record of it. If DAK was the one to confess, he wouldn't have been able to post bond so quickly, if at all. Common deduction shows that the one still in jail is RSW. So I can only wonder why this sister isn't acknowledging this? Denial wouldnt even be logical. Just sayin'...

For your reading (dis)pleasure...

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes

Two men arrested for sex crimes
Updated: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 6:00 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 11:32 AM CDT
Joe Salvatore

Snipped:
The two suspects are Wood, 42, of Tennessee, and Kent, 36, of Mobile. Wood is charged with sexual abuse, sodomy and incest. Kent is charged with sodomy and rape.

"I cannot get into the investigation cause we have several suspects were looking at," said Baldwin County Sheriff's Office Captain Steve Arthur. "These arrests could roll over into Mobile County. We're talking to some authorities there."

Snipped:
Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office. Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

"The age of this juvenile along with the circumstances surrounding it make it a heinous crime," said Captain Arthur.

Arthur said the suspect who confessed gave them the name of the second suspect in this case.

Only problem with your theory is that one of the 2 people le charged with heinous disgusting sexual crimes to a child confessed & ratted out the other. Deduction & logic leads me to believe le wouldn't knowingly & wantonly throw a self confessed abuser right back put on the streets.

Praying sleuthers, pray they find the young woman Honesty saw yesterday, BW's step mom says the bag matches.... type and color... Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.