WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone relay the wenatchee world post and what it was because it has been deleted

Nothing that hasn't been repeated here. "Girl gang" theory.

10C01507 01:36:12 02/20/10 Harass/Threat 4305 W EAGLEROCK DR, WENAT 4 ACT
this was in the police call.....

There's been much discussion on the location of WC West Eaglerock residence. Their home is NOT a multi-million dollar home. We purchased a nearby home in 1998, and the C family was already living there. Our home at that time was in theh $350,000. range. Keep in mind C's built their own home, and it had been built several years before ours, so I would guess it was well under $300,000. Factor in that parents are in construction, which is totally in a slump, and real estate, which is not lucrative currently, and it is easy to see that there is not a huge cash flow going in. Two kids in college, the payments on the spec house, as well as their residence...Let's not jump to conclusions that just because the home is in a premiere area that they are wealthy. I am certain the help offered for Mackenzie's funeral was a huge blessing for the family.

There's been much discussion on the location of WC West Eaglerock residence. Their home is NOT a multi-million dollar home. We purchased a nearby home in 1998, and the C family was already living there. Our home at that time was in theh $350,000. range. Keep in mind C's built their own home, and it had been built several years before ours, so I would guess it was well under $300,000. Factor in that parents are in construction, which is totally in a slump, and real estate, which is not lucrative currently, and it is easy to see that there is not a huge cash flow going in. Two kids in college, the payments on the spec house, as well as their residence...Let's not jump to conclusions that just because the home is in a premiere area that they are wealthy. I am certain the help offered for Mackenzie's funeral was a huge blessing for the family.

I can't believe this has actually come to disputing their lifestyle. Obviously, they have more money than most people do. The fact that they can afford and OWN a house, is more than most people today. Add the fact that they are putting two kids through college, pay for the spec home, I would say they live a pretty comfortable life. Factor in a new vehicle purchase, braces for Mac and whatever else, is and should be kept private. Point being, they have money. What is strange to me is the fact that they have not put money into the reward fund. That points only to the fact that (IMO) they are not worried about enticing people to snitch or come forward because they know who did this. When you have assets, and your child has been found dead and you would do ALL you could to find the person responsible, you would liquidate SOME of the assets to put money toward a reward. Easy for me to say. I'm on the outside looking in.

Also, and sorry for the rambling posts... when her car was found, they said there was only 1 set of footprints. I have had a few people say they were not her prints. I am assuming that is speculation because I haven't heard that being released. However, Mackenzie was a tall girl. I wonder what her seat in the car was set at. If it was someone else driving (which allegedly, must have been if they were not her prints) the drivers seat quite possibly would have been adjusted. If this was girl gang related, and a girl was behind that wheel, besides the obvious prints on the wheel, the seat most likely would have been moved forward. Most girls are a good amount shorter then 5'9". On the flip side, if it were a male, quite possibly the opposite. Seat could have been moved back. I wonder where her seat was positioned when they located the car...

i agree grey.....i wonder if mac has an insurance policy....this whole case sounds like someone in the family is involved. when you watch the pictures of the memorial it seems to me like some of the family wasn't to distraught except for the one brother sitting next to the mom. i really do think the family is involved somehow. maybe mac knew to much who klnows? the more we know about the family the stranger the family becomes....there is alot of skeletons in in that family closet.

I just spoke with Dee Riggs of The Wenatchee World. Dee is their crime reporter. Here is Dee's post from earlier;

This is Dee Riggs, reporter for The Wenatchee World. I've been covering the Cowell case and am intrigued by the interest shown here about Mackenzie Cowell. I am hoping that some of you can tell me how you got involved with Websleuths and why you are posting information — some of it's really interesting — on this site. I'm working on a story about all the Internet interest in the case. I can keep your identities to your Websleuths names, or you can tell me your real names. Thanks, Dee
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #2

I would encourage any of you who would like to speak to Dee to do so. She is a sharp reporter and is very easy to talk to.

Her email is; deeriggs@wenatcheeworld.com

I would like to thank all of you posting on Mackenzie's case. You are doing a great job. Stay focused and keep up the great posting.

Thank you so much.

Tricia

Dee Just like the many other new people on this site I was frustrated by the lack of information being released. The WW website seemed to be a place where one could comment on the case but not try to make any assumptions without being bombarded by the other readers. I have been pleased with WebSluths. I have not read one post on this site that directs negative comments at another poster. On Websleuths we have been able to come up with many new theories over the course of this investigation and I still havn't heard anyone say an 'I told ya so' or point out how others have been wrong in the past. I wish only that the rest of the world was as polite to one another as we are to each other here on Websleuths.

Ya this article mentioned a few things that intrested me. They are looking in to phone records of people who knew her. I would think that there is more than one person involved. Also does anyone know if LE has to notify you if they are pulling your phone records? The other part that struck me as odd was that they said the DNA results could take up to a month. I thought that this was true also but a previous article stated that the DNA results would be back last week. Does any of this make sence to anyone? Does some DNA tests take less or more time than others?

Ya this article mentioned a few things that intrested me. They are looking in to phone records of people who knew her. I would think that there is more than one person involved. Also does anyone know if LE has to notify you if they are pulling your phone records? The other part that struck me as odd was that they said the DNA results could take up to a month. I thought that this was true also but a previous article stated that the DNA results would be back last week. Does any of this make sence to anyone? Does some DNA tests take less or more time than others?

The previous article you are referring to stated that they were waiting for results from two "crime labs"...not specifically DNA results. So, it seems there must be different levels of testing going on.

wenatcheeres,

I, too, was surprised when they said the DNA results could take up to a month...especially when they went out of their way to make public that "investigators are hoping crime lab results early this week will have some information":

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/police-awaiting-state-crime-lab-results/?online

That was posted Feb 22nd. Do you think maybe they're holding back and actually do have the results....but are trying to gain new supsects to compare it against? If the people they have already questioned have not made any matches with their results they would at this point be reaching for more people to test. Perhaps that's why they're "looking into the phone records or people who knew her" so they have reason to bring new people in. I know this is kind of a stretch, but at this point it's all I've got. What does everyone else think??

Dee- I also joined websleuths to follow this case. Salem, Girlfawkes, and a few other had very interesting finds in the case, that intrigued my interest.

wenatcheeres,

I, too, was surprised when they said the DNA results could take up to a month...especially when they went out of their way to make public that "investigators are hoping crime lab results early this week will have some information":

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/police-awaiting-state-crime-lab-results/?online

That was posted Feb 22nd. Do you think maybe they're holding back and actually do have the results....but are trying to gain new supsects to compare it against? If the people they have already questioned have not made any matches with their results they would at this point be reaching for more people to test. Perhaps that's why they're "looking into the phone records or people who knew her" so they have reason to bring new people in. I know this is kind of a stretch, but at this point it's all I've got. What does everyone else think??

It is very interesting to hear the latest about the phone records -- when it was previously said that there was nothing unusual about her records in an article early on. Points even more in the direction to someone close to her. I suppose figuring out text message records must be more difficult and takes more time...

wenatcheeres,

Apparently it takes 30 days for a DNA test to come back. I just googled it and thats what I came up with so I don't know how accurate it is. So I would guess that the first results from the crime lab were along the lines of finger prints or something. IMO the only evidence they have is DNA which hopefully means all the pieces will fall together when those results and the phone records come in.

Dee, I personally stopped posting on WW as much because of the verbal bashing being done. You can hardly say anything withouth someone attacking you. I understand that everyone has the right to their own opinion but when it is done in a rude or confrontational way it certainly doesn't invite people to comment on their thoughts or opinions. I am new to this site but so far I have not seen anyone attacking anyone, that is a nice change...

Couple thoughts:

#1 DNA/forensics may be easily explained away by the killer(s) if he/she/they were close to MC. Most people here think it WAS someone pretty close to her.

#2 If she were killed to "silence" her, then why not make sure her body was NEVER found. (Like Dexter does.--sorry for the gruesomeness of that.)

#3 The killer(s) WANTED her found. WHY? -to get revenge, -to show off, -to get back at someone...

what do you guys think??

I have heard that doctors can give distraught family members, medication, so they can remain calmer in the funeral situation.

I am not saying any of the family had medication. I don't know. Perhaps, the family members have cried for two weeks and that helped them remain clam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361