Baez Lashes out at Investigators-UPDATE Allegations of Evidence Tampering

No surprise - just more of what I already posted on another thread: trying to poison the future jury pool into thinking that they have some "right" to be there.

These experts who are behaving this way, along with J Baez and his crew, are simply trying to sway the FUTURE JURORS who may be watching any video or news reports of these events into THINKING that they, J Baez and his crew, SHOULD HAVE been allowed access, ergo possibly getting them a leg up with the future jurors.

Not that I think it will help (cause I don't, since the nation is watching the events and proceedings and likely knows what the judge ruled) but I guarantee you this is why they are acting this way. ITA it's unprofessional, to say the least, since J Baez, for one, knows darn well he'd never be able to get any such argument/testimony in front of the future jury (Judge S would shut that down IMMEDIATELY in light of his rulings DENYING any such access!)

I totally agree. I was wondering about this yesterday. I, myself, was not sure if a defense team had a right to examine the crime scene along with LE. I did not think so, and certainly understand and agree with the judge's decision, but the point is, I was pretty much clueless. Thanks to the posters here, I found the answer rather quickly. I am assuming that I am not the only one that did not know the answer, and it is worrisome that many others may not understand and see this as some big controversial conspiracy by LE against KC. Definately an attempt to taint the jury pool.

Gimme a break, The body has not been Identified yet,what makes him think he can just waltz on into a crime scene investigation?? Back off Baez and let LE do its job is all I have to say
:clap::clap::clap:

I totally agree. I was wondering about this yesterday. I, myself, was not sure if a defense team had a right to examine the crime scene along with LE. I did not think so, and certainly understand and agree with the judge's decision, but the point is, I was pretty much clueless. Thanks to the posters here, I found the answer rather quickly. I am assuming that I am not the only one that did not know the answer, and it is worrisome that many others may not understand and see this as some big controversial conspiracy by LE against KC. Definately an attempt to taint the jury pool.

And the groundwork to argue the forensics should not be allowed in court.

I think Judge Strickland made a big boo boo not granting that gag order. I'm from the UK originally and over there the "gag orders" automatically go into place the moment someone is charged. The public hears nothing more until the verdict comes in. It's played out in the newspapers after the trial.

Yeppers. If prosecution determines they need to, they'll cover this in voir dire when jury selection begins. ;) (That's why I say it won't be too helpful, but all the same - highly unprofessional.)

The State needs to make a statement to the press - they need to specify the statutes of Florida that will show anyone who chooses to read them that this is exactly what happens with murder cases. And NOW is the time for a gag order -and the State needs to go to the judge and get one

Baez lashes out at investigators

On Wednesday Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez released the following statement regarding the crime scene:

“The Casey Anthony Defense Team has made numerous attempts to preserve the evidence in and around the location where the human remains of what appear to be a small child were found.

Law enforcement has been repeatedly asked to allow reasonable access by medical and scientific experts for the defense, including requests for photographs, and assistance with maintaining a secure examination scene prior to any media or general public access.

Every effort by The Baez Law Firm to establish a level of basic cooperation and professional courtesy have all been rejected by the government. This lack of cooperation has complicated how to proceed.

Now that the scene more resembles that of an excavation site as opposed to an examinable crime scene - attorney Jose Baez has been advised that without properly detailed photographs and all related material and documentation, the various experts on the Casey Anthony Defense Team will simply not be able to thoroughly examine the site.

Unfortunately this matter has already become a Media Circus and something The Baez Law Firm will not contribute to, by just making a show of going to the excavation site without good reason. The Casey Anthony Defense Team is being prevented from examining the site unless and until all photographs, schematic sketches and related material and documentation are released to the defense through the discovery process.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=166

towards bottom

I had a funny feeling that all these so called experts the defense brought in would pack up as soon as they were denied access to the scene.
I think the whole show of these experts was simply a media spin by Baez to try and make the public think that he has a DREAM TEAM that will be capable of disproving the evidence. Wishful thinking there JB.
And as far as who is paying for this team.....the only thing they got paid for was to show up and make an appearance at the scene to look like they are with the defense. PRO BONO MY BUTT!!!!!

Ummmm, Jose left out the fact that Judge Strickland ruled against it as well.

Did Jose offer up any case where a defense team has worked side by side with LE processing a crime scene? The answer is a BIG FAT NO, because it doesn't work that way. Sheeeesh!

Why doesn't he just come out and say he knows the body is Caylee. And. he knows Casey did it.
Isn't he under some sort of obligation to report what he knows?
IMO

1. The Prosecution has the burden of proof, not the Defense so this bullying does risk, "interfering with a murder investigation". Just be patient and let the investigation occur and complete. It will be critically analyzed either way.

2. These statements distract from the stark reality that, subject to ID, Caylee is deceased and it happened at the hands of her Mother, KC. As per normal, they are trying to take the focus off KC and throw it back on LE and the prosecution -- since this is so damning.

The Casey Anthony Defense Team is being prevented from examining the site unless and until all photographs, schematic sketches and related material and documentation are released to the defense through the discovery process.”
Jose said that? Was he even AT the hearing or does he have a twin who didn't fill him in on the fact that the judge said that until the body was identified he couldn't have any of it because at this point we legally don't know that this is even Caylee! Sheesh!

Yeah...I know this is just defense team posturing.. and we better get dam well used to it

And the groundwork to argue the forensics should not be allowed in court.

no, not really, since Judge S denied the access, ergo he'll deny any such motion re: evidence. Baez would look foolish if he tries to take this that far. He was just trying to taint the future jury pool, but he won't risk being chastised by Judge S re: trying to move to exclude evidence on the grounds that he didn't get access earlier when that same Judge S already (and properly) ruled he had no right to see the crime scene at that point.

Welcome to the law firm of Whine, Bawl & Krie. This man is a joke. Sure he is out to taint a juror but at some point he has to ask himself when is enough enough? When is the public not only going to turn on my client but turn on the Defense team as well? The Defense Team is truly looking like idiots, I am embarassed for them. Stop it, for the love of all things lawyerly (if CA can make up words, I can too), stop it. You 'aint going behind the yellow tape Baez, your banned, not allowed, not included, not one of the good guys, not the "in" crowd, not wanted, not needed and last but not least not qualified. Got it? Good. MOO.

Interesting -
Taking a high profile case, pro bono, is all about the media. If it was out of the kindness of their hearts, why not ALL attorneys doing pro bono for everyone :)

Baez is making it a circus! Holly Molly the man is just not okay, nor a defense attorney. His "team" will leave due to his antics! It is not legal for him to be at the scene until the investigators are completely finished, never will be. Judge Strickland told him that yesterday! It is ILLEGAL to allow it. That would bring up more issues than disturbing the evidence, it would also make him a WITNESS! Someone get him a real defense attorney to babysit asap! (Sorry for the yelling, I think he is dooming himself.)

Ummmm... yeah. Thats some good lawyerin' tactic's JB!

*Sammiejam diggs fingernails into palms of hand, bites tongue and steps back from 'puter for a moment.*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back