WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think I'm going to say goodnight now. :confused:

Melissa---we appreciate you----trust in that----all over the country people are reading your contributions and the karma of good will is floating around the planet and its making a difference. Rest and watch for that Easter Bunny!

Puf- maybe this will be easier:

According to JV:
MC texted JV at 2:45 "hey."
JV texted MC when off work at 4:15, "hey, wassup." It wasn't received. He also called and it went straight to voicemail, indicating to him that her phone was turned off at this time, which was very unusual for her to do.

Isn't it strange that LE reports these texts at 3:40 PM and (IMO) implied that the "Hey" & "Hey" back messages were sent within moments of each other?

Then LE "reportedly" are missing 12 critical hours of cell phone data.

Hmmm .... guess it wasn't *that* 12 hours, right (which would seem pretty darn critical, imo)?! Or, it seems that LE would be going by what JV told them, or showed them if it was still available on his phone, doesn't it?

Since JV went to the scene where Mackenzie's car was abandoned on the 9th, I would think he would have shown LE his last text messages to and from Mackenzie, for the previous 24 hours or so. :confused:

IDK if those times on 2/9 should be added to the timeline. The ones there now are only the ones reported by LE in the WW. We could also list what another WS'er said, that she was at the car wash at 4 with another guy. JMO.

Here's why I think we should add this. Melissa talked directly to JV. She didn't hear from a friend that saw this or that... she talked directly to JV. To me, that's pretty huge and important.

I trust Melissa not to tinge with her own views what she reports that JV said. Heck, I wish she'd ask the guy to join us here. I think we could all treat him decently.

But I understand that he's still grieving, and he probably doesn't want all of us pecking on him for info. :)

I just don't see what he would get out of lying to me. Why wouldn't he just say it was at 3:40 if that were the case?

I wonder if that critical 12 hours is all in lump sum or 3 hours here, 2 hours there... etc.

Here's why I think we should add this. Melissa talked directly to JV. She didn't hear from a friend that saw this or that... she talked directly to JV. To me, that's pretty huge and important.

I trust Melissa not to tinge with her own views what she reports that JV said. Heck, I wish she'd ask the guy to join us here. I think we could all treat him decently.

But I understand that he's still grieving, and he probably doesn't want all of us pecking on him for info. :)

Thank you, puf. I thought that since I had been a loyal and hardworking contributor since the beginning, my having daily communications with one of MC's loved ones would hold some weight. I don't think it can be put into the same category as someone posting once or twice about a rumor and then leaving the site, IMHO...

Hey, guys... let's find a way that we can include stuff that is reasonable and not outlandish. Melissa's info is not outlandish. I think that if we include it in a Timeline with 'According to JV via melissaw..."

We ought to start a second-hand info post, too. That would be a "reader beware" type thread. I'll try to pull one together after I get the fact one updated.

Happy Spring and Easter Day!
to my new friends who sleuth with light hearts and deep love----and very creative brains!
3433645433_730cc60f48.jpg

I just don't see what he would get out of lying to me. Why wouldn't he just say it was at 3:40 if that were the case?

Hold on, Melissa. I never said he was lying, did I? And I wasn't attempting to imply it, either.

It is just something that is very strange. Surely you can see that, can't you?

Thank you, puf. I thought that since I had been a loyal and hardworking contributor since the beginning, my having daily communications with one of MC's loved ones would hold some weight. I don't think it can be put into the same category as someone posting once or twice about a rumor and then leaving the site, IMHO...

I think the way I notated it in the thread makes it clear that it's through JV to you.

I mean, we've had some outlandish stuff that's made its way through the rumor mill posted here. The reason I'm cool with adding your info is that I believe that you talked to JV, and I headed that section that it's what he said. Not that it's fact, but it's what HE said, via you.

I think we need a second-hand info thread, too. If someone wants to start it, cool. My big suggestion would be that the board kinda find agreement on what is too outlandish to include in the rumor thread.

Like: "I heard from RC's neighbor that MC was working as a frycook at Hooters in Seattle to make extra money on the weekends." <--- Well, that seems a little crazy, and the info doesn't come from one of the main players in the case.

Or: via Wser with a history in these threads: "I talked to CC (MC's brother) today, and he told me that Mackenzie was going to visit him at W State soon, but he had other plans the weekend MC was found." <--that's credible and should be added to a second-hand info timeline.

ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE FICTIONAL AND ONLY POSTED TO MAKE A POINT.

What do you guys think? Anyone want to take on a second-hand info timeline/info sheet?

I do see a lot of strange things about this case, yes, but I am truly not trying to complicate things further. Maybe I should stop relaying my information from JV, just so that it doesn't get confused as fact.

To tell you the truth, Melissa, I'm not so sure in this case IF JV's 'facts' aren't more factual than LE's 'facts'.

I'm getting so confused. There seems to be so much deception from LE in this case, and it's driving me :crazy:

Oh :waitasec: ... as a good friend (although he's a butthead ;)) once told me, "That's not a drive ... it's a putt" :D

This timeline has been created to report second-hand info by WS members. Second hand info means that a member talked directly to a player in the case. Inclusion in this timeline must be in accordance with the rules of this thread, as posted in initial thread post by Salem. If something is too outlandish to be believable, it shouldn't be submitted to this thread.

TIMELINE BASED ON SECOND-HAND INFORMATION
REPORTED BY WS MEMBERS

JV's February 9 timeline, as he reported to MelissaW:

2:45 PM - JV was at work at Target when he heard from MC the final time... he received a text message from her: "hey".
4:15 PM - JV leaves work, and then texts MC back: "hey wassup". Message was rejected/was not received. Unknown if Mackenzie was out of area or exactly why message did not go through to her. JV called her numerous times, but his calls went to her voicemail, leading her to believe that her phone had been turned off.

Information that MelissaW received from JV:

1. He says he is 21 and has no idea where the rumored age 27 comes from. He has never lived in California and has never been married.

2. He has never been to Crescent Bar, and as far as he knows, MC had never been there either. He will be confirming this with RC to see if he knows for a fact whether she had been or not.

3. I asked him if MC and him ever lived together, like was mentioned on this site and he said no, but they spent most of their time together. I'm thinking maybe she would spend the night at his place a lot, but didn't technically live there.

4. I sent him a link to the Tacoma guy's facebook where MC left that message "mmmm, u look good." JV has no idea who this guy is or how MC knew him.

5. When he arrived at PC the night she went missing, RC and LE were there. WC may have been there and left before he got there but he can't confirm that. To answer the question about what was done with the car that night- no one drove it or anything. It was towed. The LE were concerned about MC right away, especially when JV told them that MC never would have gone up to PC on her own. JV said they were all up there until 12:50 a.m. the next morning so it seems like a lot was done to preserve the car's evidence, we hope.

6. His car was never at the Hair Academy the day she went missing. He said he wished it were and he wished he would have taken the day off work that day to spend with her so this wouldn't have happened. He says that he cries every day for her and wants nothing more than to find out who did this to her.

*************************************​

Chuck Maureen's Speculative Timeline:

* morning of 02/09/2010 - unknown - where was / what did MC do?
* 11:30 am - MC visits the Target with intent to meet JV. MC hangs a bit perusing CDs then decides to leave because JV is still attending to a customer(s). [complete speculation - nothing to back this up]
* unknown - assumption is MC goes to the Academy of Hair Design.
* 2:45 pm - JV receives / exchanges text from / with MC. This is before MC leaves the Academy of Hair Design or at least she is still in the immediate vicinity of / in the building.
* 3:01 pm - video shows MC walking to her car in the parking lot.
* 3:40 pm - LE reports MC's phone (and probably MC) is 'located' at the boat ramp. This is sketchy and *too accurate* a placement if based on phone signaling only. Maybe Gold's Gym? Can JV confirm? JV indicates MC did not frequent the boat ramp area.
* 4:00 pm - MC and a 'passenger' are witnessed at the car wash. [This is based on unsourced rumor] Possibly on video. Attendant assists MC with inserting money. JV indicates MC was not a regular visitor to a car wash - or at least was not adamant about washing her car so who knows if she did or did not actually visit the car wash for whatever other reason?
* 4:15 pm - JV sends a text to MC but it is not received by MC's phone. The phone either is powered off or is outside of cell coverage areas, such as along the route to CB?
* 5:42 pm - LE reports a last 'ping' of MC's phone. This leads me to conclude the phone was not powered off earlier but was outside of coverage area. I do not expect a perp to power on the phone after having powered it off. LE does not reveal the ping location. Why not? I believe LE can not pinpoint an area and do not want this public.
* Present Day - LE and Websleuthers pull hair out sleuthing this case. Wig and Toupee manufacturers follow closely behind picking up remnants.

************************************​

(So many rumors have flown around here that I can't remember who said what and from whom the info was gleaned. So if you think that second-hand info needs to be in this timeline, please post the info on the board and members will discuss whether or not it belongs in this timeline. I'll try to always add this post within the first few pages of new threads.)

Possible Rumor to Add:

There's a possibility that MC drove through a car wash, with a passenger in her car, February 9. The exact time of day is unknown, however it could have been between 3 and 4:14. This rumor was stated by several WS members and not JV.

Happy Spring and Easter Day!
to my new friends who sleuth with light hearts and deep love----and very creative brains!
3433645433_730cc60f48.jpg

Thank you, sunhaven! :)

Yes, REJOICE everyone! He IS Risen! There is HOPE in the air and everywhere!! HAPPY EASTER :angel:

Melissa: :U There: :truce:

Gee puf, you ARE good!
And fast, too! Thank you!!!
:blowkiss:

I'm curious as to why Jv wasn't told not to discuss this case by le

Yep. I am switching to orange. Puf...you HAVE been busy, and it is very late. Just see one correction in your "second-hand" time line.
snipped by me;

JV's March 9 timeline, as he reported to MelissaW

I am guessing you meant to say February 9th? Thanks for all of your hard work, and congrats. on the pups! (At first I thought sleuthers were referring to grandkids or something. REAL pups. How fun!)

:boing:

Paragraph snipped from article at GLC.com:

Since the discovery of the body on Saturday afternoon, the lead role in the investigation moved from the Chelan County Sheriff's Office to Douglas County Sheriff's Office although the efforts of many agencies of law enforcement continues as the story began with an abandoned vehicle in Pitcher Canyon in Chelan County, and a nearly instant decision by Chelan County Sheriff Mike Harum to organize a high power task force to orchestrate an all out search and investigation in the circumstances of MacKenzie Cowell's disappearance.

Can anyone tell me *why* you think the sheriff made such an instantaneous decision to form this "high power task force"? What was it about an "abandoned vehicle" and "a missing teen", that caused the sheriff to make such a decision, almost instantly?

...snipped down...

Well, with the recent info Melissa has returned from MC's boyfriend, JV, I think LE was told right away that she was having an issue with a certain someone.

IIRC, there was also a rumor that WC and JF had a fight that same morning and it was about MC.

When LE got word of the vehicle and found out MC was missing, LE would have immediately asked boyfriend and family if MC was having a problem with someone recently in her life. If LE was given a name, that person would have been questioned that same night, (or they would have started looking for this person). If they were unable to find him/her, or if they did and questioning him/her didn't quite seem on the up-and-up, I could see the sheriff immediately asking for a task force to be formed.

As to this wording, used in the article mentioned above, "a nearly instant decision by Chelan County Sheriff Mike Harum to organize a high power task force to orchestrate an all out" blah, blah, blah. That just sounds like election year grandstanding by a politician, (with "media" working as a cheerleaders). Using this murder IN ANY MANNER for political gain pisses me off - sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if the arrest was put off until closer to election day to give the incumbent a bigger boost at the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts