Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be expecting an arrest in this case soon. The QPS will almost certainly have enough circumstantial evidence to charge someone with a manslaughter by now, and probably a growing body of direct evidence. But there is no real point in an arrest until they have determined whether there is enough evidence of intention to ground a murder charge. Given that a manslaughter conviction without any strong evidence of the exact circumstances of the killing would probably only result in a few years in prison (perhaps 3-5), compared to a minimum of 15 years for a murder conviction, it's important to exhaust the investigative process beofre moving. The manslaughter evidence isn't going anywhere and once charges are laid the accused person will be either put in a remand centre or very carefully managed by their lawyers. In either case, the accused will not be then out and about to make some potentially incriminating statements or actions and will not suffer anywhere like the amount of mental stess that they would be under if there was still uncertainty about whether they were even going to be charged. The actual killer's mind will be racing at the moment and that's the sort of mind detectives like to interrogate. They can use that stress to their advantage. Unless a suspect is a significant threat to other people, arresting or charging them isn't a priority. It's getting the best prosecution outcome that matters. And if that means letting suspects stay in the community for months, or even years, then that's what is done.

Couldn't agree more. Hence why they have included a "White" car in the media. Making the perp more nervous, wondering what the camera's saw. Also verifies that the police know the white car is involved. My guess is they are just really trying to stress him out for a confession. Also the perp would be sweating on the toxicology and forensic tests wondering how they could possibly incriminate them........IMO.....

The Find my Phone app I believe only works with the 4S? We don't know what model she had. You can remotely access the phone, but many people don't know this.

I have the iPhone 4 which I have had almost 2 years now with it installed. I'm pretty sure you could use it on the iPhone 3 too.

With ABC's phone have the police found it but are keeping that quiet?

Are they waiting for GBC to lead them to its location because they know he disposed of it in the opposite direction to the body? (but criminals always revisit the scene of the crime)

And just thinking this over -if my hubby was mising and his phone was out there somewhere and it had the capacity to reveal what happened to him or could identify the place he was possibly last alive and we could get that info by simply re-charging or down loading data. I would be on a mission to find that phone!!!

Yes, I think it updates every 10 minutes..so maybe the testing was to see whether someon did more than just drive around the roundabout at that time. Perhaps it is beleived they stopped and if the car was seen still in the vicinity at the next update of the camera. Perhaps the police recreating and timing is to prove that it would not take that long if just driving. To be captured on the video and then still be in view through a refresh of the camera.. Meaning that something occured.. again just my mind wondering here.

Last night is was said that the camera refreshes every 60 seconds, as per link posted last night by someone.

I was reported in the media that they took a laptop and his mobile phone from the crime scene.

was it actually stated as "THE CRIME SCENE" because all my research into this does not actually say that they know where the crime scene is only where the body was located?

Do you have a link for this, because it would be interesting if it was actually reported as a crime scene??

Last night is was said that the camera refreshes every 60 seconds, as per link posted last night by someone.

Thank you..I must have got my times wrong..I looked at the site with the camera the other day..I had in mind for some odd reason it was 10mins. I stand corrected and scrub what I said lol..

was it actually stated as "THE CRIME SCENE" because all my research into this does not actually say that they know where the crime scene is only where the body was located?

Do you have a link for this, because it would be interesting if it was actually reported as a crime scene??
I don't have a quote off hand. But police were treating the house as a crime scene (not necessarily 'THE' crime scene)

With ABC's phone have the police found it but are keeping that quiet?

Are they waiting for GBC to lead them to its location because they know he disposed of it in the opposite direction to the body? (but criminals always revisit the scene of the crime)

And just thinking this over -if my hubby was mising and his phone was out there somewhere and it had the capacity to reveal what happened to him or could identify the place he was possibly last alive and we could get that info by simply re-charging or down loading data. I would be on a mission to find that phone!!!

He would be a fool to look for the phone himself (police is probably watching him very closely). Not much has been said lately about her phone so maybe police have found it.

Two more interesting points about that roundabout

1. There are a number of offices there (including several real-estate offices including the old C21 offices) Is it possible that the Police want to know if someone appeared to be in one of those offices at such a late hour? Perhaps phone records show calls were placed to or from one of them late that night.

2. There are a lot of commercial properties there. The police did say at one point they were searching in commercial bins looking for clues and at another point said they had discovered some personal items and they were checking to see if they were Allisons.

Police regional crime co-ordinator metro north Mark Ainsworth told the Sunday Mail that Mrs Baden-Clay was, at this stage, considered a missing person.

But the home of the Baden-Clay's at 593 Brookfield Road, Brookfield, has been locked down as a crime scene by Police.

"We have the house locked down as a crime scene and we are doing a full examination of the area and there is a crime scene warrant," he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ee-at-brookfield/story-e6freon6-1226334962242

I did state something. And just didn't feel it was appropriate to say what. Unfortunatetly I could not retract what I had said that made people go on a wild goose chase. It wasn't my intention to do so. As I don't think we are going to solve it with tid bits of information. I was simply alluding to more than meets the eye perhaps and maybe what really happened is not, so far, in our realms of thought for possibilites.

This why people including myself started coming up with different scenario's and for you to then write a huge post about people getting off track is a little hypocrytical when it was you that put the notion in our mind??

JUST SAYING...IMO

1. There are a number of offices there (including several real-estate offices including the old C21 offices) Is it possible that the Police want to know if someone appeared to be in one of those offices at such a late hour? Perhaps phone records show calls were placed to or from one of them late that night.

2. There are a lot of commercial properties there. The police did say at one point they were searching in commercial bins looking for clues and at another point said they had discovered some personal items and they were checking to see if they were Allisons.

C21 offices are independent franchises. He would not have access to that one.

They wouldn't hold off on arresting a POI because of that. As soon as they have enough proof they will roll. They wouldn't want to give the POI any more time than necessary due to the chance that he could run off, commit suicide, harm others, etc.

Just a couple of points of clarification that might help -

The mobile phone signal was triangulated to an area near Rafting Ground Road but it was not all that close to the Allison/GBC house, more at the centre of Rafting Ground Road heading towards Moggill Road as I recall.

Also, re the search of the grandparents house, i seem to recall it was also reported that police seized items from the garden shed as well as the house.

Was the reported "screaming" (not arguing) near winrock St. within the triangulated area? I still believe if the phone was still out there they'd be looking for it... why do they think its 150 mtrs. from the house?

IMO, If i was in an extreme huff, I could've walked to winrock St. and then had someone drive by and get me...an argument in the car....

The cameras at the Kenmore Roundabout would only take shots every few seconds or every minute even, so it would be hit of miss trying to get a picture of the cars. Perhaps they were stopped?

I think we already established that upon looking at the RTA website that camera is actually a Live camera that films 24/7? Correct me if I am wrong but I did readthis back in past threads.

I really think for a number of reasons that the funeral will be private; Firstly, for the girls sake, they might ask a few friends but they wouldn't want them to be overawed on such a sad day, by too many strangers. Secondly, I think the police would suggest it, as it would easier for them to control and to see the nuances of the family on such a rw day. Thirdly the populace and the media, it could turn into a circus, and noone wants that for poor Allison.

I have been at different times to a couple of high profile funerals, one a daughter of a friend of mine who was killed in an accident when she was drinking with and being driven in a police car (long time ago now), I remember I thought long and hard about going, as I don't want to appear to be snooping, even though I knew her father very well. The funeral was packed - you wondered how many people actually knew the chief mourners. I am sure there are people who would feel the same way about Allison's funeral.

Good point re the commercial properties as on that video that was posted in the last couple of pages they said that they were searching bins in commercial areas looking for evidence of a murder... Very interesting comments!

Ockham's razor is the law of parsimony, economy or succinctness. It is a principle urging one to select among competing hypotheses that which makes the fewest assumptions and thereby offers the simplest explanation of the effect.

there is a reason why this is an age old principle....if we can go back to the theory that doesn't carry a million assumptions....we are probably looking at the most likely scenario. Would think that the 'argument gone wrong' fits this bill better than any other. Also the single perp fits this...when we assume he had help, we are WILDLY assuming........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member