Who's who in the Billings case

I didn't see a thread on Melanie Billings. I have read her facebook pages and she appears to be the sweetest, kindest soul. She sounds just like everyone that knows her says, she was a dear mother, friend, and wife. My heart just breaks for the loss. She seems to adore her children, and is especially close to Ashley.

The one odd thing I wanted to mention was in one of her facebook conversations she talks about the demands of so many children. She says "Go figure ... That's what 17 children and a husband will do for ya!"Then a friend asks "17 did I miss something?"
And Melanie responds "Here goes ... Angel John, Missy, Tom, Ashley, Blue, Angel Nikki, Justin, Kristyn, Adrianna, Jacob, Matthew, Ricky, Angel Bailey, Tori Beth, Nicholas, Princess Katie, Ethan & Emma ...

The ONE missing is Michael. I know he was Byrd's son from a previous marriage, but so was Angel John. Is there more to Michael that we need to look into?

Please sleuthers, sheriff, state attorneys, find her killers and bring them to justice! I am just so sad after reading her facebook. She did mention many times that she wished she could be with her deceased children. I hope that is a comfort to her family.

Yes, and last time I looked Blue was not Melanie's child. If he is, Ashley has a problem. Considering that they sued Michael for custody and child support, I can imagine that they had a bad relationship with him. However, except for Ashley, they had relationship problems with all of their adult children.

Yes, and last time I looked Blue was not Melanie's child. If he is, Ashley has a problem. Considering that they sued Michael for custody and child support, I can imagine that they had a bad relationship with him. However, except for Ashley, they had relationship problems with all of their adult children.

Melanie did note she was including her two son-in-laws in her "count" because she loved them like her own children. I'm not sure I agree with your statement, Gene, that they had relationship problems with all their other adult children. From facebook/myspace conversations, it sounds like she was very close to Missy who was due to deliver a baby at the time of the murders. The two that they were having problems with were teenagers.(Justin & Krystal) As the parent of two teenagers myself, I can certainly sympathize with their current relationship problems, but I would hate to generalize that they had bad relationships with their adult children. I think the two teenagers were going through a lot of normal teenage stuff, and were unfortunately acting like typical teenagers.
But....I still think their relationship with Michael, Bud's adult biological son, is something to consider, especially since Melanie didn't acknowledge him in her "kid head count", his "no show" at the funeral,the lawsuit regarding Billings custody of his daughter, and his comments after the murders that he had to get out of Pensacola, he didn't feel safe. IMO he may know what he has to fear in Pensacola. Also....does anyone know if he was ever in the car business in Pensacola or Tampa?

I'm not sure I agree with your statement, Gene, that they had relationship problems with all their other adult children.

Ok, lets do a review of the relationships with the children (except for the disabled children).

Ashley: Very Close

Melissa: Very close?? I have heard little about her, so I am not sure.

Michael: Estranged

Justin: Estranged

Kristin: Estranged

Kylee Waite: I heard that there were problems, but I can not confirm. Although Bud and Melanie won custody of her in October 2007, she moved to Mesa, Arizona before the murder.

John: Snipped from the article below: Byrd had two biological children, Michael and Melissa, from his first marriage. An adopted son from that marriage, John, choked to death in 1995; police ruled his death a suicide, but Byrd was convinced it was an accident.

http://www.pensapedia.com/wiki/Byrd_and_Melanie_Billings

PS: It is interesting that Cab Tice told Police that Tim Higley is Byrd's son-in- law
http://www.pnj.com/assets/pdf/DP140746818.PDF (page 36 or page 3 of the July 11 interview)

Elsewhere, Cab mentions that Tim hates Byrd. People in this forum have said that they were not related.

Cab Tice was very close to Tim and for a time also to Byrd, I wonder why he got that wrong? Are we sure that Cab is wrong and they are not related???

As a summary, I think on average, the Billings family life was not as harmonious as we might have believed. There were alot of problems.

PS: It is interesting that Cab Tice told Police that Tim Higley is Byrd's son-in- law
http://www.pnj.com/assets/pdf/DP140746818.PDF (page 36 or page 3 of the July 11 interview)

In my reading of that interview, Cab is merely making a minor slip of the tongue earlier, but it's made clear in other parts of the interview and the record:

20u4uu8.jpg

So the investigator, not Tice, is the one who properly establishes the relationship later, but Tice does not object or say "No, no, it was Tim" -- I think there is a pause, or ellipsis, or mis-speaking that is not annotated, in this earlier part:

2afea9j.jpg

I think the proper reading and context of lines #16 and #17, is something like:

"Tim Higley who is.... [Tice pauses, perhaps trying to think of Tim's business title, but failing just continues his thoughts anyway]... his son in law [meaning Billings son-in-law, Blue] called and told him [meaning Tim!!!]...

In my reading of that interview, Cab is merely making a minor slip of the tongue earlier, but it's made clear in other parts of the interview and the record:

I think the proper reading and context of lines #16 and #17, is something like:

"Tim Higley who is.... [Tice pauses, perhaps trying to think of Tim's business title, but failing just continues his thoughts anyway]... his son in law [meaning Billings son-in-law, Blue] called and told him [meaning Tim!!!]...

Loss, you might be right that Tim is not related, but that was an aside. Let's return the relationships with the non-disabled children. From seven non-disabled children who lived in the family we have;

2 good relationships,
3 estranged relationships,
1 unknown, possibly estranged (she moved out, was not listed as a "friend" on Melanie's myspace, etc)
1 suicide

I have followed this very closely. in the local news, the blogs and websites like this. The fact that the sheriffs and attorney's office turned over all the interviews with peoples phone numbers and other private info. would tell me plain and simple DO NOT TALK TO THE LOCALS! I wouldn't I do not trust them and their total lack of concern for other peoples privacy and SAFETY!

We don't hear what the feds are doing because they play a whole different game. When and only when they have enough info to swoop in and arrest do we the public ever hear anything.

Reading between the lines what you have written here, I think you know a good deal more than even you might think. That is to say ... your information will very possibly be the final link to help a federal agency connect the dots. Don't you think that could at least be worth the effort in you know who's memory.

I have followed this very closely. in the local news, the blogs and websites like this. The fact that the sheriffs and attorney's office turned over all the interviews with peoples phone numbers and other private info. would tell me plain and simple DO NOT TALK TO THE LOCALS! I wouldn't I do not trust them and their total lack of concern for other peoples privacy and SAFETY!

We don't hear what the feds are doing because they play a whole different game. When and only when they have enough info to swoop in and arrest do we the public ever hear anything.

Reading between the lines what you have written here, I think you know a good deal more than even you might think. That is to say ... your information will very possibly be the final link to help a federal agency connect the dots. Don't you think that could at least be worth the effort in you know who's memory.

The SA's office released the discovery as they are required to do under Sunshine laws. Only a judge could rule not to release this info, as was somewhat done with the crime scene photos.

Yes Daisy, in the inital doc dump all the personal info was in the files/papers ... cell phone numbers, addresses all stuff that later was taken out. That intial dump was inexcusable for what they did to people trying to help

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back