GUILTY CT - Mary Ellen Welsh, 61, New Britain, 30 March 2008

MaryLiz

Reaction score
Doesn't sound very hopeful about the missing woman. At least they have captured the suspect.

By News Channel 8's Carolee Salerno
March 30, 2008
Updated 9:30 PM
New Britain (WTNH) - New Britain Police have found a suspect they believe to be involved in a home invasion. They say it happened at around 9 to 10 o'clock Sunday morning at a home on Woodhaven Drive in New Britain.

Cynthia Manak, of New Britain, was distraught when she found out that one of her friends was shot, while the other was apparently kidnapped this morning. "We don't where she is," Manak said. "We don't know what they'd do to her." Police believe a man showed up at the home on Woodhaven Drive and shot the woman who lives there. He then kidnapped her friend who was visiting -- 62-year-old Mary Ellen Welsh of New Britain.

More at link.

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=8090377&nav=menu29_2//templates/headline_temp.php?nst_inc=CMD

A sex offender recently freed from prison was arrested in the death of a woman abducted while visiting a friend, police said Monday. The friend was shot and seriously wounded.

The body of MaryEllen Welsh, 62, was found in a wooded area of Bristol, about 10 miles from New Britain, where she was abducted Sunday. She had apparently been shot, New Britain police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343675,00.html

Two women having a nice visit over coffee on a Sunday morning and one of them is undergoing treatment for CANCER. She ends up dead and her friend in serious condition in the hospital because some IDIOT should NEVER have been released from prison!!! This just makes me sick...

Chico, thanks for merging the threads..I didn't know how to do it.

This poor woman was battling cancer...

Police Find Body of Woman Missing After Connecticut Home Invasion

Monday , March 31, 2008
service_ap_36.gif

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. —
A sex offender recently freed from prison was arrested in the death of a woman abducted while visiting a friend, police said Monday. The friend was shot and seriously wounded.

The body of MaryEllen Welsh, 62, was found in a wooded area of Bristol, about 10 miles from New Britain, where she was abducted Sunday. She had apparently been shot, New Britain police said.
She was visiting a friend Sunday morning when someone broke into the house, Sgt. Darren Pearson said. The friend, identified as Carol Larese, 65, was badly wounded but was expected to recover.
Authorities arrested Leslie Williams, 31, when he crashed Welsh's car in Watertown after a police chase about five hours after the home invasion.
Williams has been charged with attempted murder, robbery, kidnapping with a firearm and other crimes connected with what happened to Larese, Pearson said. He said police were preparing to charge him in connection with crimes against Welsh. Williams was expected to be in court on Monday.
Pearson said it appears Williams acted alone in what he called a "crime of opportunity." Police said Welsh had been undergoing treatment for cancer and had a port in her chest.
Williams was released March 4 from the medium-security Osborne Correctional Institution in Somers after serving eight years in prison for convictions in 2000 of sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor, according to state Department of Correction records.
Brian Garnett, a correction spokesman, said Monday that Williams was disciplined twice in prison for making threats, once for violating provisions of a program there, and once for tampering with security.
He was denied parole in March 2006, and was placed on five years probation when he was released from prison, Garnett said.
According to the state sex offender registry, he lives in Hartford.
Cynthia Holland, a friend of the victims, said Monday that the two were having coffee when the home invasion happened.
"She's a lovely person," Holland said of Welsh.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343675,00.html:furious:

I've been following this since yesterday and had hoped for a better ending. What I love is that this was only out of jail a little over 3 weeks...nice.

How a , yes I said gets out of jail like that I will never understand. God Bless them and their family

Connecticut again!!!!! Reminds me of the case of the doctor's wife and two beautiful daughters from last year. :furious:

Poor lady. :(

english do you mean the case of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters?
That case had such a profound impact on me too.

english do you mean the case of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters?
That case had such a profound impact on me too.

Yes....that just upset me for months on end, and I get upset when I think about it now, still. I wonder how Dr. Petit is doing? I'm sure this case brought it all back for him. :(

That case haunted me too. I remember even talk about it months later.

As a matter fact it affected me so much I got this,

meet Blue

and yes, he sleeps inside at night :)

Photo573-1.jpg
[/IMG]

From March 2012:

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...tenced-for-New-Britain-Killing-141044443.html

A sex offender has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing a New Britain woman and shooting her friend in the head during a 2008 home invasion.

Police said Leslie Williams, 35, formerly of Waterbury, broke into the home of Carol Larese, 66, in New Britain on March 30, 2008, looking to steal money and a car. Authorities say Williams shot Larese in the head and killed her friend, Mary Ellen Welsh, 61.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back