Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they didn't drag NG back to the studio to redo her show tonight. This is too big to ignore and I hate being left hanging like this. It's like a sick feeling and I will be uneasy until I know. See, I thought from day 1 Caylee was no longer with us, but for some reason I have felt like Haleigh is alive. I guess my mind doesn't want to wander to the reality of this nasty world that two beautiful little girls are gone so tragically like this.

These dogs can locate remains buried over 20 years four feet deep and even drowning victims.

At least NG is asking pertinent questions, like why are they searching again after they searched this area 3x's already.

Sprout, what city is that TV station out of? Orlando? Tampa? I don't think any Jax stations are airing anything now, but not certain.

Orlando. They have been reporting live at the scene every half hour.

That snippet they just played on NG from the Christmas video of Haleigh with the purple hat was precious.

I understand how reliable cadaver dogs are, but it didn't appear that any of the officers smelled anything. I didn't notice any reaction like that. (I do realize some people triple bag to avoid that) That's why I'm still hopeful this will turn out not to be Haleigh. I know how strong the smell of decomposition can be and how long it can last.
Prayers are with the families.

IF they found a body, i wonder how long they'll wait to announce it? sure, it might take a while to positively ID her, but IF they found the body of a small child.......then we all know who it is. i can see the family being upset about it if LE waits a long time to make an announcement........

ITA..no live links....makes me think they have something.

One of two things has happened here:

1. LE has asked media to stop live coverage so as not to allow the public any view of Haleigh (should her body be in there, breaks my heart to even type that).

or 2. Media has called off live coverage and will broadcast again when and if LE makes any announcements.

I'm sure they have pulled the media back.

Thanks. I'm just catching up and sick, sick, sick about this!:furious:

I just heard on NGrace that the dogs are trained to hit on scent that comes up to top of water,isn't that wierd?

That is true. That is why I could not understand why they didn't use these dogs when they were searching for Caylee. Some can sniff into 3 or 4 feet of water.

Here is what was reported on the dogs that were sent out there to search for Haleigh today.

Police today are using teams of cadaver dogs to search areas near Cummings' home in Satsuma.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4209335.story

The canine teams are a part of Canine South, a non-law enforcement organization out of South Georgia that specializes in canine searches. The teams consist of cadaver dogs that specifically seek out human remains.

One of two things has happened here:

1. LE has asked media to stop live coverage so as not to allow the public any view of Haleigh (should her body be in there, breaks my heart to even type that).

or 2. Media has called off live coverage and will broadcast again when and if LE makes any announcements.

I am going with number 1. If her body is in that dumpster and not in a bag then they are need to get the media out of there so that no one can see them removing her body.

If Haleigh is dead and her body is in there then we don't even know how long she has been dead for. I mean its only been what 18 days that she has been missing? If Misty didn't do this and someone else did then then the said person(not Misty) could have just recently killed the little girl and put her in there over the weekend hoping the trash would take her to a landfill. It could even be that she wasn't even put in a bag if she was just killed. Whoever did this could have just threw her in there. This could explain why they are just standing around and not moving anything. They could have found her burried under all that garabage unbagged.

I know about hubbies and their expertise' :rolleyes: mines an engineer.....never ask him about how something works......its godd for a minute, but after a bit of tmi.....(snore!) once I almost blacked out on him.:crazy:

Sorry off topic, Mine is the same way.

I understand how reliable cadaver dogs are, but it didn't appear that any of the officers smelled anything. I didn't notice any reaction like that. (I do realize some people triple bag to avoid that) That's why I'm still hopeful this will turn out not to be Haleigh. I know how strong the smell of decomposition can be and how long it can last.

Is it possible LE had used that odor disguising gel prior to starting their search (the one worn above the upper lip?). Most garbage can be pretty foul. I don't wonder if they put some of that on before beginning their search.

95% more than I do. And if I hear one more CNN anchor refer to Crystal as bio mom or biological mom, I'm gonna scream.

I think they are just emphasizing Haleigh's mom versus Crystals mom, Ron's mom, etc.

I can't imagine what they are going through right now, just waiting to hear, not knowing anything, I hope they have a lot of love and support surrounding them.

The media was saying how the dumpster was hidden behind the tall fence - and something about not searching there, they didn't know it was there or something. Sorry I'm not being more accurate as to what I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie