GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

How many children does Mariha's mother have?

Cubby, it looks like Mariha has 3 younger siblings.

An Amber Alert was issued by Detroit police for Mariha, who was last seen by her mother sleeping on the floor with her three younger siblings at 3:30 a.m. Sunday. When her mother called police around noon, she said the front window was wide open.
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725...Detroit-girl--5--is-still-alive#ixzz1T9LYTx17

I think the diaper comment from the grandmother is more of a type of "slang" dialouge to describe the young age of the girl.....moo

Looking again at the photo of the home attached in the following post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - AMBER ALERT: Mariha Trenice Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

It looks like the front screen door locks with a key. Do they lock both the storm and screen doors with keys and were both locked with keys when Mariha went missing?

There is not enough room on the right side of the house to take a child and not be heard due to the proximity of the house next door. IF that house is occupied. IF the home is vacant it would have provided obstruction from the view of seeing the perp.

The front of the house appears to have hosta's? or some kind of ground covering plant bordering most of the front of the house. If someone stepped along this area checking the windows that would be evident as the plants would show evidence of someone walking along them.

The house looks like it has a basement of some sort. Someone could have entered through an unlocked window going into the basement. Does the basement have walkdown stairs in the rear? If so, maybe they got in that way or through a rear door that was left unlocked or unlocked by one of the children and went unnoticed by the adults.

Also, if the mother was involved why would she have purchased gasoline? She wouldn't. She'd have probably siphoned it before going to purchase it or found some other type of flamable accelerant in the home.

That .57 cents worth of gasoline is what is throwing me.

Looking again at the photo of the home attached in the following post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - AMBER ALERT: Mariha Trenice Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

It looks like the front screen door locks with a key. Do they lock both the storm and screen doors with keys and were both locked with keys when Mariha went missing?

There is not enough room on the right side of the house to take a child and not be heard due to the proximity of the house next door. IF that house is occupied. IF the home is vacant it would have provided obstruction from the view of seeing the perp.

The front of the house appears to have hosta's? or some kind of ground covering plant bordering most of the front of the house. If someone stepped along this area checking the windows that would be evident as the plants would show evidence of someone walking along them.

The house looks like it has a basement of some sort. Someone could have entered through an unlocked window going into the basement. Does the basement have walkdown stairs in the rear? If so, maybe they got in that way or through a rear door that was left unlocked or unlocked by one of the children and went unnoticed by the adults.

Also, if the mother was involved why would she have purchased gasoline? She wouldn't. She'd have probably siphoned it before going to purchase it or found some other type of flamable accelerant in the home.

That .57 cents worth of gasoline is what is throwing me.

I don't think the mother purchased the gasoline.

I don't think the mother killed her.

But, I think the mother could have been involved in the disappearance.

JMO

Cubby, it looks like Mariha has 3 younger siblings.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725...Detroit-girl--5--is-still-alive#ixzz1T9LYTx17

If she has three younger siblings, plus cousins were there. We all know little kids even as young as 2 can work door locks.

I'm interested in knowing if Mariha was sleeping closest to a window or better yet entry to a door way.

We all know Polly Klaas was abducted while many were in the home including her parents, so sadly it is possible. In this case the home is small but with many people being there the adults may be used to hearing movement and have not been awoken.

jmo

I could be wrong, but my sense when I first read this story is that something happened to her in the house, then it was covered up. I think she probably is the girl found in the fire. :( I don't know anything about the family, but I wonder if she got her hands on someone's drugs or alcohol, given they were having a party til 3 AM, or somehow had an unattended accident, or someone under the influence lost their cool with her, or hurt her intentionally. Reminded me of the little boy who was initially reported missing, then it turned out the mom/stepdad covered up his death. Sorry that I can't remember his name. I really hope I'm wrong, as she looks like a cute lil bundle of sweetness. If it is her in the fire, at least she's geting hugs in heaven.

IMO

ETA: Could she have gotten into the pain pills mentioned above? Saw mom taking them and thought they were ok, or candy??

I don't think the mother purchased the gasoline.

I don't think the mother killed her.

But, I think the mother could have been involved in the disappearance.

JMO

It's possible. It is possible there was abuse and it went too far and someone was going to help hide it. But the manner in which the child was found, crushed skull, burnt beyond recognition, fire started on a mattress screams pedofile to me. It hasn't been said whether Mariha was sexually abused or not prior to death.

IF the mom has any involvement my guess is perhaps it is more indirectly by choosing the wrong boyfriend. Maybe she had a male guest visiting prior to them going to sleep who left the door unlocked and came back later.........

jmo

It's possible. It is possible there was abuse and it went too far and someone was going to help hide it. But the manner in which the child was found, crushed skull, burnt beyond recognition, fire started on a mattress screams pedofile to me. It hasn't been said whether Mariha was sexually abused or not prior to death.

IF the mom has any involvement my guess is perhaps it is more indirectly by choosing the wrong boyfriend. Maybe she had a male guest visiting prior to them going to sleep who left the door unlocked and came back later.........

jmo

Or perhaps he was her dealer.
Drug debts are paid in many ways.

JMO

I could be wrong, but my sense when I first read this story is that something happened to her in the house, then it was covered up. I think she probably is the girl found in the fire. :( I don't know anything about the family, but I wonder if she got her hands on someone's drugs or alcohol, given they were having a party til 3 AM, or somehow had an unattended accident, or someone under the influence lost their cool with her, or hurt her intentionally. Reminded me of the little boy who was initially reported missing, then it turned out the mom/stepdad covered up his death. Sorry that I can't remember his name. I really hope I'm wrong, as she looks like a cute lil bundle of sweetness. If it is her in the fire, at least she's geting hugs in heaven.

IMO

ETA: Could she have gotten into the pain pills mentioned above? Saw mom taking them and thought they were ok, or candy??

The cause of death of the girl in the fire is said to be asphyxia.

"The Medical Examiner's office completed the autopsy this morning and ruled the cause of death as asphyxia," he said, adding the death is considered a homicide. "The medical examiner determined the little girl died before the fire."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725...Detroit-girl--5--is-still-alive#ixzz1T9ARveZ5

Did you notice that there was a person laying on the sofa in the interview?

I watched again. It also looked like the mother was being interviewed in front of a gas station at the beginning of the video.

I wondered if drugs were making her sleep heavy, whether legal or not.

So from what I'm reading here, one article says they have a POI in their custody at this time and then another report says the mom is with LE being questioned?

Am I adding this up right because I'm not liking the sum of the equation.

I wondered if drugs were making her sleep heavy, whether legal or not.

So from what I'm reading here, one article says they have a POI in their custody at this time and then another report says the mom is with LE being questioned?

Am I adding this up right because I'm not liking the sum of the equation.

I think you calculations are correct.

The mom even said LE thinks she is a suspect.

Now, I'm sure she used the term suspect to say they suspect her of something, not that she has been named a suspect.

Did you notice that there was a person laying on the sofa in the interview?

Yeah, I saw that...:waitasec:

I think there are many people who are in and out of that house,

I didn't see any finger print dust on the window, I wonder why???

Yeah, I saw that...:waitasec:

I think there are many people who are in and out of that house,

I didn't see any finger print dust on the window, I wonder why???

Maybe LE threw that theory out early.
Or maybe they cleaned it???
Who knows.

Something is not right.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads