OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
very well said ANJ- bless you ...and Katelyn where ever she may be

eta- i went and found this article, I hope that is oK AJK, to add this following your post?
http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/womans-disappearance-still-a-mystery-one-year-late/nQSgS/

Absolutely fine to add it. WLWT had a story on a fundraiser for TES and mentioned Katelyn, Paige and Billy. I recorded it so - if they don't upload it, I might tomorrow.
What is sad, is even that fundraiser and car wash was not publicized - if I had known about it I would have gone for sure. Found out after the closing ceremony of the Olympics. :-(

I apologize for not being up speed on the case- so I may have missed additional info...regarding the papers that the boyfriend was supposedly going to burn.

Was it ever established that papers were indeed taken by him to burn?

Were 'other' important papers found in the apt., like her birth certificate, social security card, vehicle ins, diploma, etc ( whatever one her age would usually consider important)

Was discussing case with someone and they mentioned something about domestic violence and how sufferers are encouraged to keep important papers handy/ together, in case they do suddenly, finally., decide to flee. Hope how I said that makes sense....

Not saying that was the specific case here, But what if boyfriend had caught wind that she might be going to leave him...as in literally move away on her own...and he just could not handle it and the situation erupted some how that night.

Wasn't it said they were arguing at the fair?

I wonder what, if any papers were taken- could it have included love letters- 'dear john' (no pun intended) letters?? A diary, journal?

Was it ever verified he DID indeed go to a fire that night...and burn anything,...in a fire. If so, was that specific location ever disclosed.

ANJ- I saw that TES ting too, and couldn't decide to , or where to post on WS....
sorry if I ramble, need more java....,thinking about her case this morning

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/womans-disappearance-still-a-mystery-one-year-late/nQSgS/

“Sometimes (adults) have just gone off somewhere on their own and don’t want to be found … at a certain point, there’s diminishing returns and not much happening,” said Maj. Mark Hoffman of the Middletown police.

The biggest shocker in this case would be she was fed up with her life (maybe bills etc) and wanted to start a new one . I dont believe for a minute that happened. But Mary Winkler left from a conference to start a new life with nothing with her and survived at womens shelters and working fast food.It wasnt until she requested her teaching records they traced her down. Lets assume for a minute Katelyn did this. Then someone had to help her if there are not taxi calls, bus records etc. That would most likely be the boxy car the neighbors saw around the time her phone was disabled. Is it possible she didnt want to move in with JC parents, didnt really want to go to CO. Fed up with no money etc and decided to make it look like something happened to her and walked away? Its too bad there isnt video of that vehicle. I can see where LE has to keep this theory open also because there doesnt seem to be any evidence a crime took place. Everyone says she wouldnt have done that but we have all heard that before too. You never really know what is going thru someones mind.

I apologize for not being up speed on the case- so I may have missed additional info...regarding the papers that the boyfriend was supposedly going to burn.

My answers in blue.

Was it ever established that papers were indeed taken by him to burn?
Officially - no, we just have his word on it.

Were 'other' important papers found in the apt., like her birth certificate, social security card, vehicle ins, diploma, etc ( whatever one her age would usually consider important)
We don't know - very little info has been given to us from LE or the family. We don't even know what the last clothes she was in are for sure or if there was any evidence that the last outfit seen in was at the TH - as in if she had changed into pj's etc for bed and left the last outfit on the bathroom floor - etc. Amazing how little we know - well, sad actually as a searcher.

Was discussing case with someone and they mentioned something about domestic violence and how sufferers are encouraged to keep important papers handy/ together, in case they do suddenly, finally., decide to flee. Hope how I said that makes sense....
We have not heard of such a conversation that I am aware of - but as you point out - those in a domestic violence situation (impending divorce too, IMHO) are well advised to get the essential paperwork together ....in case.
Not saying that was the specific case here, But what if boyfriend had caught wind that she might be going to leave him...as in literally move away on her own...and he just could not handle it and the situation erupted some how that night.
IMHO, if it was the BF it was a crime of passion. I pray that she did just run away, but my head really doesn't believe it. :-( My second guess would be a combo of drugs and rage. FWIW which is about :twocents:

Wasn't it said they were arguing at the fair?
There was FB talk that they argued over JC buying raffle tickets but nothing that I would call confirmation. There was also unconfirmed reports that an argument was reported to LE by a neighbor that was in the parking lot earlier that night before the rain. Again, we have not seen any documents like police reports (this is not like Florida the all encompassing SUNSHINE state) so for 'my' purposes this is still really just a rumor.

I wonder what, if any papers were taken- could it have included love letters- 'dear john' (no pun intended) letters?? A diary, journal?
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THAT -- I would love to know if any of her current art journals or supplies were missing - having a daughter who is a writer (artist type) I know that the soul of such types is embedded in their work and at least the bear minimums would go with them if they decided to fly the coop, so to speak.

Was it ever verified he DID indeed go to a fire that night...and burn anything,...in a fire. If so, was that specific location ever disclosed.
The short answer - several friends give conflicting stories of the fire that night (even his mother implies by her word usage in one instance that the burning was at her house) but the stories times and locations do not match well at all. I don't remember any friend saying they saw the big ole' bag of papers go into any fire. We have JC word that KM texted him saying she wanted to be there - but..........well, you know......

ANJ- I saw that TES ting too, and couldn't decide to , or where to post on WS....
sorry if I ramble, need more java....,thinking about her case this morning
Just post it here - and pass the java!

:please: PRAYING FOR YOU KATELYN.

I cant imagine how disappointing this article is to the locals that have worked tirelessly searching for her. :)

thanks ANJ- 'tis a quandary that is for sure. So sad...True -you would think with her artistic soul, something very personal would have gone with her, at the expense of something another might think valuable.

my heart aches for these missing

Actually when I think about this case, the biggest clue that stands out to me is how phone was disabled about the same time the neighbors saw the boxy car. What does this mean? Is this the piece of the puzzle that is needed to break this case?

“Sometimes (adults) have just gone off somewhere on their own and don’t want to be found … at a certain point, there’s diminishing returns and not much happening,” said Maj. Mark Hoffman of the Middletown police.

The biggest shocker in this case would be she was fed up with her life (maybe bills etc) and wanted to start a new one . I dont believe for a minute that happened. But Mary Winkler left from a conference to start a new life with nothing with her and survived at womens shelters and working fast food.It wasnt until she requested her teaching records they traced her down. Lets assume for a minute Katelyn did this. Then someone had to help her if there are not taxi calls, bus records etc. That would most likely be the boxy car the neighbors saw around the time her phone was disabled. Is it possible she didnt want to move in with JC parents, didnt really want to go to CO. Fed up with no money etc and decided to make it look like something happened to her and walked away? Its too bad there isnt video of that vehicle. I can see where LE has to keep this theory open also because there doesnt seem to be any evidence a crime took place. Everyone says she wouldnt have done that but we have all heard that before too. You never really know what is going thru someones mind.

At this point, it would be WONDERFUL to find out this was the case. This would be way out of character for Katelyn, though - to the point I'd say virtually impossible.

Glad she's still being searched for- come home, Katelyn.

It saddens me deeply to be here a year later and nothing has surfaced since the first day. God please lead someone to Katelyn.

It saddens me deeply to be here a year later and nothing has surfaced since the first day. God please lead someone to Katelyn.

You might call the men in the white coats for me, but I often say at night - Katelyn, just haunt my dreams - show me in pictures and I will find you.

I have a similar mantra on my way to searches.......driving in the car, I even will say it out loud - asking her to make a butterfly flutter or a leaf fall or something to show me where to go.

I am sad (even mad) tonight, that her fiance has moved on, new girlfriend and all and refused an interview for the 'love of his life' and yet, I can't move on. :banghead:

Been unable to be here, computer crashed, but back up and running and catching up on Katelyn. So glad to see movement here but sad it's been a year already. Scary how someone can just up and be gone and a year later, nothing, nada. Still praying that katelyn is found and brought home!!!

Been unable to be here, computer crashed... back up and running and catching up on Katelyn. So glad to see movement here but so sad it's been a year already. Scary how someone can just up and be gone and a year later, nothing, nada. Don't know how parents and loved ones cope. Still praying that katelyn is found and brought home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks