Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have never met this woman, have never met the fake ZG, have only information from Casey as to what the woman looks like, and have asserted that this woman does not fit the description they have been given. This is a shameless attempt to get money or notoriety and I will not pretend it is anything otherwise.

I'm all for holding people accountable for what they say. However, all I have ever heard the Anthony's (ALL of them!) say is this is not the woman that was described to them. It's ridiculous to pretend that they were the ones who forced this woman into the public eye. She crawled out into that limelight. She was investigated just like so many other people AND WAS CLEARED by LE and they have at every turn made that statement. She will never achieve anything more than that even through the lawsuit except money. The Anthony's have NEVER insinuated that this woman was in any way involved. That will be all she will get in a deposition, as well.

Im not a huge fan of the money sucking Anthony family, but I firmly believe they have no reason to have to be compelled to answer this frivolous lawsuit with anything more than what they have already given, which was from the very first to say "We do not know who this woman is."

I totally agree!

http://www.wesh.com/news/18786804/detail.html

In his motion, attorney Brad Conway points out that George Anthony recently tried to commit suicide. He also acknowledged that both he and Cindy Anthony are getting professional help to deal with the grief of losing their granddaughter

Isn't it a little late to file a motion. It's day after tomorrow. Looks to me like he can't walk into court and say, Hey, by the way, lets back the truck up.

Personally, I think he expected Baez to drop the counter suit and this would pretty much go away , at least until after the criminal trial. I agree, if he can run down to Putnam County with KFN, he's ok to be deposed, imo.

They have never met this woman, have never met the fake ZG, have only information from Casey as to what the woman looks like, and have asserted that this woman does not fit the description they have been given. This is a shameless attempt to get money or notoriety and I will not pretend it is anything otherwise.

I'm all for holding people accountable for what they say. However, all I have ever heard the Anthony's (ALL of them!) say is this is not the woman that was described to them. It's ridiculous to pretend that they were the ones who forced this woman into the public eye. She crawled out into that limelight. She was investigated just like so many other people AND WAS CLEARED by LE and they have at every turn made that statement. She will never achieve anything more than that even through the lawsuit except money. The Anthony's have NEVER insinuated that this woman was in any way involved. That will be all she will get in a deposition, as well.

Im not a huge fan of the money sucking Anthony family, but I firmly believe they have no reason to have to be compelled to answer this frivolous lawsuit with anything more than what they have already given, which was from the very first to say "We do not know who this woman is."

I'm not saying that I condone this suit, I DO however want to point out that these depo's are scheduled because of casey and her counter-suit. She could stop it in a skinny second!

http://www.wesh.com/news/18786804/detail.html

In his motion, attorney Brad Conway points out that George Anthony recently tried to commit suicide. He also acknowledged that both he and Cindy Anthony are getting professional help to deal with the grief of losing their granddaughter

From that article:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An attorney for Casey Anthony's parents has filed a motion to prevent them from giving depositions in the Zenaida Gonzalez civil suit.
The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony said in the motion Tuesday that forcing them to give depositions in the suit is nothing more than an attempt to annoy and embarrass them.
~~~~~~

I agree with this. Casey is the defendant in this suit, not the A's. Casey is the one who gave ZG's name to LE. There is nothing the A's can say that will help either side. If they say Casey has mentioned the name in the past, it doesn't prove that she was talking about this particular ZG or that she didn't make the whole thing up. If they say they never met ZG, what does that prove? Certainly not that this is the ZG Casey accused. I believe this is nothing but harassment of the A's and it's totally unnecessary.

Can someone remid me how this particular ZFG came to believe it was her that KC was describing? It seems nothing matches. Is this the ZFG that works at the USPO and who visited Sawlake Apts???

Cant tell the players without a program!

IIRC, the allegations are that KC used her name; the names of two of her children, specifically the two listed on the Sawgrass apts. record; she is the only ZG with any connection to Sawgrass where KC said she dropped the baby; NY tags and I can't remember what all else.

It appears to me that KC isn't bright enough to totally fictionalize something. I believe she may have found this woman on myspace or through the Sawgrass record and based her fictionalized account on this woman's real life. Others disagree.

KC has alleged there are several women with that name in the same area but KM/JM, ZG's attorneys, dispute it; or more accurately, requested in interrogatories information about which telephone book the defense used to come up with their allegation. KC has filed twice in this case referring to details of "her" ZG; in one filing she alleged no children and in the other she alleged two children while the "real" ZG has, iirc, 5 or 6 children.

I think it's possible that the other poster is correct; that she may have intended to frame/blame this specific woman but never quite got around to finishing it up. You know, what with her imaginary job; imaginary school; and real nights at Fusian. I don't think she expected LE to find her so quickly and for her to alibi out so quickly. But if I had to bet, I'd bet she just used her details to make up a plausible person, not unlike she used JH's name and details, (and adding an imaginary son), to lead her mom to believe she was having a relationship with him that was leading to, well, at least them 'trying to be a family.'

As a few other have mentioned, a bell cannot be unrung. Once this ZG was damaged by KC's utterances, which were repeated by others, including her mother, (still sticking with the nanny story, but not this ZG, as recently as the LKL show in Dec., links in previous post), and also by others unknown to KC, as another poster mentioned, like those of us here at WS, other forums, news agencies, etc. well, she was damaged. No amount of clearing her after the accusation can change that she was damaged, imo. But what matters is the court's opinion.

Whether or not one agrees this case has merit, the A's must comply with the law and give those depositions, unless and until a court determines otherwise. I heard BC is hoping for a hearing tomorrow. If he doesn't get one and the A's don't show, they do so at their own legal peril. Regardless of whether or not the case is thrown out sometime down the road, imo. Courts generally don't like to be flouted. Even by those with "extra special grief."

From that article:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An attorney for Casey Anthony's parents has filed a motion to prevent them from giving depositions in the Zenaida Gonzalez civil suit.
The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony said in the motion Tuesday that forcing them to give depositions in the suit is nothing more than an attempt to annoy and embarrass them.
~~~~~~

I agree with this. Casey is the defendant in this suit, not the A's. Casey is the one who gave ZG's name to LE. There is nothing the A's can say that will help either side. If they say Casey has mentioned the name in the past, it doesn't prove that she was talking about this particular ZG or that she didn't make the whole thing up. If they say they never met ZG, what does that prove? Certainly not that this is the ZG Casey accused. I believe this is nothing but harassment of the A's and it's totally unnecessary.

yeah...what she (chilly) said!

I'm not saying that I condone this suit, I DO however want to point out that these depo's are scheduled because of casey and her counter-suit. She could stop it in a skinny second!

And it's a point often overlooked at that.

If this lawsuit is simply to publically and legally clear this ZFG, then how can C&A possibly contribute to that considering the've never met the 'Nanny', the never spoke to the 'Nanny' and they never even saw a picture of the 'Nanny'. They can't possibly say that the woman in front of them is or is not the ZFG their daughter was referring to.

If this lawsuit is simply to publically and legally clear this ZFG, then how can C&A possibly contribute to that considering the've never met the 'Nanny', the never spoke to the 'Nanny' and they never even saw a picture of the 'Nanny'. They can't possibly say that the woman in front of them is or is not the ZFG their daughter was referring to.

They can say what they were told by KC about her. They've already been in the media describing what they were told, now it will be in the court record.

They can say what they were told by KC about her. They've already been in the media describing what they were told, now it will be in the court record.

To what end? For instance, if they repeat Casey's story about Zanny being in a car accident - what does it prove? How does it help either side?

I agree with you, but I don't think that point is overlooked. It is Casey who can solve this, not C&G.

My meaning was that the depos come with a countersuit. It's not personal. KC is the one to be angry with for putting her parents through the depos imo.

To what end? For instance, if they repeat Casey's story about Zanny being in a car accident - what does it prove? How does it help either side?

The car accident story may not be particularly helpful to either side, as it was entirely imaginary. However, there are other things they were told by KC that may match the real ZG. Just the fact that they claim that KC told them that her nanny's name is "ZG" and that "ZG" kidnapped Caylee is relevant.

My meaning was that the depos come with a countersuit. It's not personal. KC is the one to be angry with for putting her parents through the depos imo.

Yes! :clap::clap::clap:

Depends on what the question and answers are.

As I stated earlier in this thread. When they are asked what they know about Zanny, when and where they were told these things.. it builds a time line.

Was she trying to set a real person up to match her fictional Zanny and used the info she found at Sawgrass??

Was it just recent that she started talking personal stuff about Zanny? OR has she always done so?

Basicly, it depends on the direction the lawyers take with it. IF it proves nothing, then she looses her case. It's that simple.

Why would Conway wait until 2 days before depositions to request a delay?

On hold?? I can't wait tio hear the reasoning behind this...

Siimple. It's called stalling. Which is why it was done last minute. If the judge denies it, then it wastes everyone time. Which equals money. Disturbs the courts schedule, etc.

The judge all ready is allowing this to go on.

So the Anthony's bloodsucker gets to charge them for filing the motion, etc.

But then on-the-other hand and there is always the-other-hand--CA--GA--LA are witnesses to KC saying the ZFG. All they have to do is go in and answer a few ?s. Whats the big deal----just "do it". I don't think they can say they take the 5th. Why would they need to do that? Can they in fact stand on the 5th? What did they do wrong?

I bet if one of the TV stations offered CA money to go on National TV and make "her" "case" go out to the world---I bet she would grab it in a min. Grief? They started grieving the day they found the car with the "death smell".

Time to cut losses and move on. Git er dun. You know----the Ants have been in charge (control) of the "show" from the start. Where did these peeps come from? The law is the law, why are they special? They aren't special---they seem to think so. Whew! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288