LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it's about my last thought, wells on an abandoned farm? I know that the concensis is that she was dumped with the bike, but I'm just not convinced.
Neither am I. The bike, I believe, was dumped very quickly at the onset. Whatever else occurred took place afterward, IMO. If MS is deceased, I think her body was placed elsewhere.

Farmers may be riding on headlands checking the progress of their crops. However they are no longer working the fields the cane is to tall to get in with tractors. In about 6 - 8 weeks they will start spraying with pesticides and this is done from the air.

If we go with this possibility... there is no way we are going to be able to check all sugarcane fields in south Louisiana. I guess targeting areas closer to Lafayette would make sense at first, though perp dumping her at WB could mean he was taking her west... or he wanted people to think that. Damn, this case is beginning to seriously make my head spin.
Could we have crop dusting planes fly over the fields, would they be able to see anything? Seems like I remember from an early anthropology class, the professor said anytime you place something foreign on the ground, it effects the way grass or plants grow around it. Whether three weeks would be enough time to see that, I don't have a clue.

Don't know if this is feasible/workable/whatever but, I'm wondering if there is some type of cane farmers organization/network that LE could contact about getting the word out to the farmers (and crop dusters) to keep a close eye out on the cane fields.

I realize it's probably a long-shot and probably not much different than looking for a needle in a haystack but perhaps it's worth pursuing.

so local fisherman or hunters, if any are on here

whiskey bay is part of the atchafalaya river which empties into Wax lake, yes? no?

i just feel like, if he killed her, then he probably put her body where he put her bike and the bike got stuck and floated, but the body did not. i know that if would throw people off to leave them in 2 places, but if you were getting rid of evidence including a bike and a body, wouldn't you want to do it all at once

Wax Lake Outlet is a diversion canal that takes 30% of the Atchafalaya's flow and diverts it 20 miles to the west. The main river meets the Gulf below Morgan City, where it is forming a delta - the only part of LA's coastline that is growing.

Yes, that's a scenario... but there are so many:

1. Bike and Mickey together.
2. Bike and Mickey separate
3. Bike found as a diversion.
4. Bike found as a mistake
5. Bike placed from land
6. Bike placed by boat
7. Bike thrown from bridge
8. Handlebars ON
9. Handlebars OFF
10. Planned abduction
11. Unplanned abduction
12. Drunk driver
13. Someone she knew
14. A stranger
15. Went williingly
16. Went unwillingly
17. Mickey in Lafayette
18. Mickey not in Lafayette
19. St. Landry St.
20. Johnston St.
21. Brashear St.
22. Azalea St.
23. Seen on 216 St. Landry cam
24. Not seen on 216 St. Landry cam
25. White truck
26. White truck
27. White truck
28. Weird blob on Versailles photo
29. Weird blob on Circle-K photo.
30. Standing still
31. Riding bike

Y'all keep adding to the list of puzzles. I've never seen anything like this case. Two glimpses of her on cam and then
:ufo:

O/T but seeing as how there are so many in this thread...could you all take a min and go here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8020886#post8020886"]Found Deceased AL-Jordan & Taylor DeJerinett,9-year-old twins & Jack Girdner, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012 - Page 19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And pray for these 3 precious souls, and also spread the pic of the wanted <unusual person> so he can finally end up where he belongs.

Yep. I wonder if there is a data base where they input all the knowns and come out with possible scenarios.

Yes there is, BayouBelle. It was established in 1985- FBI VICAP

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/investigations-and-operations-support/vicap-brochure-1

ViCAP
Violent Criminal Apprehension Program

“The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is the duty of the living to do so for them.”

- Lois McMaster Bujold

NCAVC

The National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC) combines investigative and operational support functions, research, and training in order to provide assistance, without charge, to federal, state, local, and foreign law enforcement agencies investigating unusual or repetitive violent crimes, communicated threats, and other matters of interest to law enforcement. The NCAVC is organized into four components:

&#9632;Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP)
&#9632;Behavioral Analysis Unit 1 (BAU-1) – Terrorism Threats
&#9632;Behavioral Analysis Unit 2 (BAU-2) – Crimes Against Adults
&#9632;Behavioral Analysis Unit 3 (BAU-3) – Crimes Against Children
FBI-ViCAP

Established by the Department of Justice in 1985, FBI-ViCAP serves as the national repository for violent crimes; specifically homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains. Comprehensive case information submitted to FBI-ViCAP is maintained in the national database and automatically compared to all other cases in the database to identify similarities. Individual case submissions are analyzed by crime analysts through the application of analytical skills, education, specialized training, and research.

I just want to throw this out there and see what others think........
http://www.katc.com/news/tool-shop-in-lafayette-burglarized-and-burned/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Code:
Murphy also noticed someone broke into his car and took out the panels, air vents, and tail lights.

I'm not trying to speculate, but in order for these two things to happen it just can't be a coincidence," he added.

Interesting that these things were stolen out of the vehicle. The video shows the vehicle, (I am clueless about vehicle types) not sure if the parts are interchangeable with the Z71 that police are looking for, but why on earth would someone steal a passenger door panel, air vents and tail lights unless you had your own damaged?

Just something to think about

right. i kind of knew what the basin is and all but I'm just trying t figure out where her body would be if it flowed downstream and stayed in the main body of water. eventually the GOM, but before it got to the GOM, where would it be. from lookig at maps, I'm guessig Wax Lake. "the wax" as my brother calls it

I couldn't even begin to guess. There are a ton of run off branches to the Atchafalaya between here and the Gulf. Bodies usually sink, then resurface from decomposition, then sink again so I don't know if it'll flow downstream if she was put into the water.
This site had some info that was interesting about the Basin:
http://www.basinbuddies.org/

Don't know if this is feasible/workable/whatever but, I'm wondering if there is some type of cane farmers organization/network that LE could contact about getting the word out to the farmers (and crop dusters) to keep a close eye out on the cane fields.

I realize it's probably a long-shot and probably not much different than looking for a needle in a haystack but perhaps it's worth pursuing.

I think that's an excellent suggestion! In the early days they were asking all property owners to check their own propery. I think they need to make another annoucement IMO

Because it's FINDmickeynow.com?

LOL, thanks! Guess that was wishful thinking. (I edited my post to correct --thanks again)

But I get the offline thing at the correct one -- got it when I tried to go to someone else's correct link, for a pic?

Wax Lake Outlet is a diversion canal that takes 30% of the Atchafalaya's flow and diverts it 20 miles to the west. The main river meets the Gulf below Morgan City, where it is forming a delta - the only part of LA's coastline that is growing.

Yes, that's a scenario... but there are so many:

1. Bike and Mickey together.
2. Bike and Mickey separate
3. Bike found as a diversion.
4. Bike found as a mistake
5. Bike placed from land
6. Bike placed by boat
7. Bike thrown from bridge
8. Handlebars ON
9. Handlebars OFF
10. Planned abduction
11. Unplanned abduction
12. Drunk driver
13. Someone she knew
14. A stranger
15. Went williingly
16. Went unwillingly
17. Mickey in Lafayette
18. Mickey not in Lafayette
19. St. Landry St.
20. Johnston St.
21. Brashear St.
22. Azalea St.
23. Seen on 216 St. Landry cam
24. Not seen on 216 St. Landry cam
25. White truck
26. White truck
27. White truck
28. Weird blob on Versailles photo
29. Weird blob on Circle-K photo.
30. Standing still
31. Riding bike

Y'all keep adding to the list of puzzles. I've never seen anything like this case. Two glimpses of her on cam and then
:ufo:

I'm sure LE has a very similar list to our scenario list.

The Atchafalaya Basin, the surrounding plain of the river, is filled with bayous, bald cypress swamps, and marshes that give way to more brackish estuarine conditions and end in the Spartina grass marshes, near and at where it meets the Gulf of Mexico. It includes the Lower Atchafalaya River, Wax Lake Outlet, Atchafalaya Bay, and the Atchafalaya River and Bayous Chene, Boeuf, and Black navigation channel. See maps and photo views of the Atchafalaya Deltas centered on 29°26&#8242;30&#8243;N 91°25&#8242;00&#8243;W.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchafalaya_Basin#section_1

That the bike was dumped there was just not a good sign to me. Honestly, the body could have been dumped with the bike and we will never know. I think we've ruled that out because LE told us they found no evidence that Mickey was ever there. Does that really matter? Wouldn't that kind of evidence be easy to cover up in that environment? To me, the on,y way they could,d know Mickey wasn't there is if there was a note in a zip lock attached to the bike detailing that she wasn't there. And even that could be false.

We've got the Basin, we've got the numerous other small swampy waterways, we've got the farmland, we've got the country residences...what we don't have is closure. We must figure this out. We can't leave this family like this. The brother has not been in the spotlight, but imagine what he's going through. When you look back on your HS graduation, what do you remember? If we don't figure this out, he will forever remember his HS graduation as a day that didn't symbolize the beginning of the rest of his life, but instead the end to life as he knew it. This has ruined the beginning of his adulthood. And that's so not fair. We have to find her, or at least find out what happened to her. She needs to be brought back to her family, ideally alive with the strength to over come what happened, and, worst case, just brought back for closure. There are so many young people impacted by this case, and so there's such a waterfall effect. This will haunt us for years. We have to figure this out.

Vermilion parish, adjacent on the southwest side of Lafayette parish, has a public dump/landfill. I wonder if it's been checked. Lafayette parish doesn't have a public landfill. Neither does Iberia parish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member