LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been keeping up for the most part, and haven't heard Bourbon St. either regarding MS. Think poster is confusing with Jaren's murder.

I think BSLs relative posted that he didn't pick up his father from the hospital and gave the excuse that he was jumped on Bourbon and almost had his finger sliced off.

Sorry:chicken:I have to agree!:seeya:

Oh, they may not choose me, but I know I'd do a good job.... probably a heck of a lot more impartial than plenty of people around Lafayette who don't know anyone in the family.

Plenty of folks talk a good game to get on a jury and then vote their agenda.

O.J. et al.

I dunno, ChickenFried. Looks to me like the facts are stacking up nicely. IMO. Here are just a few:

It's a fact he went to the ER at Ochsner Medical Center on 05/19/2012 with injuries he claimed were sustained in a random assault/stabbing.

It's a fact he reported his driver's license was stolen in the attack.

It's a fact he was arrested on an outstanding charge for altering his driver's license.

It's a fact that he reported his truck stolen in Montgomery County, TX on 05/31/2012, and on the same day his truck was found burned in San Jacinto County. Also a fact.

It's a fact that he later purchased the same type of truck on 06/04/2012.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120712/NEWS01/120712025/New-Brandon-Lavergne-charge-led-new-mugshot?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

http://theadvocate.com/news/3334883-123/New-Developments-in-Shunick-case

http://www.katc.com/news/additional...e-surrounding-mickey-shunick-s-disappearance/

While I tend to believe the story about the rental car is true, I can take it or leave it because it's not terribly significant, all other facts considered. :moo:

The rental car fits, since the person who saw the receipt said it was returned 6/4, which happens to be when he bought a new truck. So if the rental car is true, then him being in Spring, TX is also true.

This may seem really lame, but the description of the suspect's clothing makes me think it's not BSL. It's the white shirt with three inch cuffs. BSL's a country boy. I can't picture him in something flashy.

Not lame at all, but check out the description again- he was wearing two t-shirt/jersey-type shirts, with the sleeves on the first being longer than the second. Hardly flashy or fancy attire.

Oh, they may not choose me, but I know I'd do a good job.... probably a heck of a lot more impartial than plenty of people around Lafayette who don't know anyone in the family.

O.J. et al.

Chicken you would be awesome on a jury, in part because you are so analytical and have great attention to detail. That being said, you have done so much footwork and research on this case that if you were called for jury duty they would have to reject you.

I dunno, ChickenFried. Looks to me like the facts are stacking up nicely. IMO. Here are just a few:

It's a fact he went to the ER at Ochsner Medical Center on 05/19/2012 with injuries he claimed were sustained in a random assault/stabbing.

It's a fact he reported his driver's license was stolen in the attack.

It's a fact he was arrested on an outstanding charge for altering his driver's license.

It's a fact that he reported his truck stolen in Montgomery County, TX on 05/31/2012, and on the same day his truck was found burned in San Jacinto County. Also a fact.

It's a fact that he later purchased the same type of truck on 06/04/2012.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120712/NEWS01/120712025/New-Brandon-Lavergne-charge-led-new-mugshot?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

http://theadvocate.com/news/3334883-123/New-Developments-in-Shunick-case

http://www.katc.com/news/additional...e-surrounding-mickey-shunick-s-disappearance/

While I tend to believe the story about the rental car is true, I can take it or leave it because it's not terribly significant, all other facts considered. :moo:

Thanks for those links, Bessie!

I agree it all looks pretty suspicious.

On the driver's license thing, I was just at the Motor Vehicle office today. As you know, in LA you can get a license on the spot. It's not a sure thing that the license he reported stolen was the same one he used to buy the truck. In fact, if he's trying to make his assault story hold up, and having to drive for work, he well may have gone to get another one right away.

Does anyone know when they started putting "SEX OFFENDER" on the licenses? As another poster mentioned, if he got his old one in '08 when released from prison, maybe it didn't have the scarlet letter. Maybe he was pissed off that his new one had it, and so he hastily covered it up?

O.J. et al.

It isn't about whether or not you would do a good job. It's about the jury is supposed to have no preconceived ideas about what happened at all. At one time you did think that you knew what happened just as I think I know and many on this board and other boards think they know. None of us would probably be chosen.

Haven't been following the whole thread, but, I just have to say, when I look at this guys mug shots (BSL) I do not see an attractive man, as others have said. I see a depraved mind. He is seething with anger, and is furious about being caught. Even the picture of him smiling makes me kind of sick to my stomach. Such a devious smile. IMO

I've been keeping up for the most part, and haven't heard Bourbon St. either regarding MS. Think poster is confusing with Jaren's murder.

No, his relative who is a member on this forum said that his story was that he was attacked on Bourbon Street and his finger was almost cut off.

The rental car fits, since the person who saw the receipt said it was returned 6/4, which happens to be when he bought a new truck. So if the rental car is true, then him being in Spring, TX is also true.

But why Spring, Texas?

I guess I missed it..... did the poster who said they looked up the rental record say it was rented in Spring?

I'm gonna guess not connected due to this statement in the article...

BBM
And since BSL had just done prision for a sex crime I'm pretty sure they had his DNA to match. ( But I would have wondered the same:yes:)

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/the-murder-of-jessica-hawk/Content?oid=1350151

Read a bit farther down in the article. It's not that the DNA they found wasn't a match to anything in a database, it was that the police found no DNA:

  DNA swabs and samples were sent to Baton Rouge. Horvitz and Hawk's family waited more than six months for the results, which found only Hawk's DNA at the scene. Homicide detective Winston Harbin says there was no indication of forced entry.

  "From our point of view, the forensic team didn't do a good job," says Ivonne Garzon, Hawk's friend and an activist for a DNA lab in New Orleans. "We asked about fingerprints, fingernails, (NOPD) said there was no evidence. Her apartment was small. We don't understand how someone could break in and not leave a trace."

If he was just out he would not have purchased the clothing would he? Wouldn't someone need to bring it to him? I dunno!

If he was just out a family member probably came to pick him up and brought some clothing. Different places do that different ways. Sometimes clothing is donated for men who are leaving prison and they get to choose (but not very much, Salvation Army stuff think).

I don't think the clothes is that big of a deal. The drawing is pretty darn close. Also, not to be crass, but generally men leaving prison have one thing on their mind. It would not surprise me at all if his mind set was to leave prison, head straight to New Orleans. It is a common destination in Louisiana for trouble--if ya know what I mean. This type of crime is exactly what I think he is capable of. Interesting that the DNA did not match (if it did not. That is surprising. If I was the investigator on that case, I would request that it be run again -- the sketch and the timing are too coincidental). nice find to whoever found that. I bet there are about 72 more.

But why Spring, Texas?

I guess I missed it..... did the poster who said they looked up the rental record say it was rented in Spring?

Yes, the car was rented in Spring, according to the poster. Returned in Lafayette on the 4th.

Any news after this search?

I haven't seen any updates about the volunteer search earlier today. I think it's really heartwarming that so many people are continuing to do this. God bless those volunteers. Let's bring Mickey home :heartbeat:

------------
What if she carried a bike repair tool, or Swiss Army knife, screwdriver, etc.?

I wish she would have concealed carried. Sounds like she would have lived and mr bsl would be the injured one :(

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members