TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumping for Deanna. May you come home soon.

Salem

I've heard back from the Nevada Brothel Association website moderator. Unfortunately, they don't look specifically at "missing" girls/women. The brothels do in-depth background checks when they hire, but I'm not sure that would turn up anything. I will try to introduce maybe the Charley Project or Doe Network to their website - this is where the working ladies and their clients post. But I'm not sure they'll be open to it. The position seemed to be that those who go missing and wind up in a brothel don't necessarily want to be found.

Missie - is there anything new to go on?

Fairy1 - you go girl (or guy)!!! It would be great to have them looking at something. Some of those girls may have gone missing when they were very young and don't even realize they anyone is looking for or missing them.

I will send positive prayers up for your mission.

Salem

I hate to bust your bubble, but a Brothel would not care if they were missing...they would be delighted to know they were. This means they have complete control over their "worker".

I hate to bust your bubble, but a Brothel would not care if they were missing...they would be delighted to know they were. This means they have complete control over their "worker".

Actually SS, if you were to look into their website, I think you'd discover that this is not the case at all. I was shocked to see how many ladies work at some of these brothels! These brothels are legal and highly regulated. Much different than street prostitution. By all accounts, the working girls are free to come and go as they wish. I certainly wouldn't assume they're stupid or being controlled by anyone. I do, however, feel that a girl who ran away as a teenager and fell into that lifestlye (as many do) might end up in a brothel as an adult.

In any case, I saw on another thread where a poster suggested looking at cult communities. There would clearly be "control" issues there and I doubt very much their leaders would be willing to assist in locating missing persons. Seems to me there are plenty of "sub-cultures" where people could hide or be hidden and these places are not easily explored. If we want to help find the missing, we should be thinking outside the box.

Sorry I haven't posted anything new, but unfortunately there hasn't been anything new to post.
As far as the brothels go-
I find it extremely hard to believe their "background checks" are worth anything, however if someone is listed in the NCIC or CODIS as missing that would probably show up. Sorry, but if I was a runaway I wouldn't be agreeing to a background check with my real name.
Anyways, I don't think Deanna is in a brothel there. We know she was most likely alive and well in 1995 and had no scrapes with the law as far as we can tell. We also know she was not too far frome home, but I can't say exactly where she was. I don't think she had made it 5 years on her own in a seemingly legitimate life just to take off to the Las Vegas Brothels.

Just trying to think outside the box - not just for Deanna but for all missing girls. Do you know where Deanna was in 1995? It might help to know where to concentrate....

What about homeless shelters? Has Deanna's flyer been distributed there - in the area she went missing?

Just trying to think outside the box - not just for Deanna but for all missing girls. Do you know where Deanna was in 1995? It might help to know where to concentrate....
I know the general area but was asked by Sgt. Davis to not disclose it because it could jeopardize (sp?) the search. I will say she was in Texas.
Fairy1 please don't think that I don't want your suggestions and input, I appreciate all you are doing.

Sorry, Fairy1~I NEVER want to discourage someone from thinking outside the box!! I am the the biggest advocate when it comes to that. :) Good job! Keep it up! We need more thinkers like you.

A brothel, as legitimate as they appear to be, are still making money by women living on their backs and even if the girls can come and go freely...they are still in an obligated scenario. I was merely commenting on getting them to actively pursue helping to find missing women was all...not that she may not be there. Missie raised a good point that they would use bogus names for a background check if they were runaways, too.

I am glad to see you, Missie!! I agree that if she were leading a legit life in 1995, the chances would be slim she would evolve into such a circumstance! I am delighted to think you are that much closer to finding her. :) Hugs~

Hi Missie:blowkiss:. It is so good to read your posts once again. I am here for you if you need help to research further into Deanna's case or if you just need a friend to bounce ideas around with. I hope you and your family are ding well, friend:).

Lion

:) Y'all - I'm not discouraged and am still dedicated to the search for Deannna. I'm just trying to look at options that aren't normally explored here. It's hard for me to imagine a successful grown up women who went missinng from her family at the age of 13 - though I do hope that's the case. I do hope Deanna is okay. Still, I know the odds are not necessarily in favor of that. So many young girls leave their homes and fall into the wrong hands. I have posted the websites I mentioned on the Nevada Brothels Association website and while I don't think those who post there will be falling all over themselves to "turn in" missing girls, it will at least be a place they can go to learn that their families are looking for them. Not everyone expects that.

Missie, it's so nice to see you here again. I was afraid you'd given up.

Missie - is there anything we can do to move Deanna's case along?

Just want to check in w/ you Missie and let you know I'm thinking of you often. Finally had a chance to go over the new songs you've put on Deanna's myspace...touching as always. We think alike, dear! Anything I can do??

Ugh guys. We have really lost steam on al of this. Sgt.Davis just keeps tellng me "nothing new". I'm so busy nowadays that it's hard for me to get things done. I just don't know what to do anymore. I will get vacation time probably in October. Hopefully by then gas prices (or at least our money situation) will have settled down enough for me to take a trip there and try to revive Sgt.Davis' enthusiasm.
As far as flyers, none have been distributed. I THOUGHT we were getting an age progression done, but I heard about that over the holidays-and haven't heard anything else. I would like to wait for that to get new flyers made and then start distribution.

Ugh guys. We have really lost steam on al of this. Sgt.Davis just keeps tellng me "nothing new". I'm so busy nowadays that it's hard for me to get things done. I just don't know what to do anymore. I will get vacation time probably in October. Hopefully by then gas prices (or at least our money situation) will have settled down enough for me to take a trip there and try to revive Sgt.Davis' enthusiasm.
As far as flyers, none have been distributed. I THOUGHT we were getting an age progression done, but I heard about that over the holidays-and haven't heard anything else. I would like to wait for that to get new flyers made and then start distribution.[/quote

I'm sorry there's no progress Missie, but it's ok. We'll still be here when you need us. You need to take care of yourself and your family! :)

Missie - not to worry. I think these things go in cycles, especially when time has passed. It must be emotionally draining day after day and sometimes you need to take a breather. Not to mention that every day life has a way of interrupting things :)

I wish I was closer and could do more to help then just send you all my positive thoughts and prayers......

I do send up daily prayers for Deanna, you and your family,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members