2010.02.07 - GGS interview with Jacksonville. com

elle1919

Reaction score
I don't know about all of you but I am very upset with some of the statements in this interview!!

But the worst in my opinion..... On Feb. 9, the night after Croslin returned to Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by. She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids.

"I was mad because Ronald let her come back," she said. "But it's his house. There wasn't nothing I could do about it other than be mad."

By the next morning, Haleigh was gone.

I have tried to be a supporter of both Ronald and Crystal and their families because I just felt it was the right thing to do. But I am really getting confused and downright angry at some of these recent remarks! I feel like i have been lied to. Never in the past year have I heard these words come out of anyone's mouth. What is going on??

I don't know about all of you but I am very upset with some of the statements in this interview!!

But the worst in my opinion..... On Feb. 9, the night after Croslin returned to Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by. She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids.

"I was mad because Ronald let her come back," she said. "But it's his house. There wasn't nothing I could do about it other than be mad."

I have tried to be a supporter of both Ronald and Crystal and their families because I just felt it was the right thing to do. But I am really getting confused and downright angry at some of these recent remarks! I feel like i have been lied to. Never in the past year have I heard these words come out of anyone's mouth. What is going on??

What is going on elle is an attempt to rewrite history..to whitewash and protect from charges....

Well that just ticks me off this was supposed to be about finding her Great Granddaughter and I can't understand why she thinks no-one would remember everything she said a year ago.:waitasec:

Well that just ticks me off this was supposed to be about finding her Great Granddaughter and I can't understand why she thinks no-one would remember everything she said a year ago.:waitasec:

Well...they seem to feel smarter than the rest of us average bears....joke's on them. I am thinking GGM just stepped in it if she told LE she went to the trailer to take clothes.

What in Gods name does she mean by Misty going off and leaving no-one to watch over the two kids? Does she mean when she took off for the three days? I am getting confused.

IIRC she also celebrated Misty...its so confusing and actually painful...I now wonder though when TN said she sent family over--many assumed it was AS...maybe it was others--maybe AS and ? weren't the ones "sent by TN"?....:waitasec:

More from article:

snip~"You can't threaten her or do anything to her emotionally or mentally that will affect her," Sykes said. "She doesn't have the ability."
Sykes said even repeated interrogations by investigators had little impact.

"When the sheriff's department was threatening her and doing all their doings and stuff, it didn't faze her," she said.

Sykes said Croslin's childhood may have dulled her emotionally.

"She basically was here, there and yonder," Sykes said. "I don't reckon she knew from one day to the next where she was going to be."~ end snip

snip~After Cummings graduated from high school in Leesburg, he and his girlfriend moved back to Putnam County. They went to his grandparents in Welaka, where his girlfriend became pregnant, but Cummings had changed, his grandmother said.

"He just had a dirty mouth," she said. "He was very disrespectful."

She attributed his ill manners to a bad crowd but found that as her husband - the man Cummings called "Daddy" - worsened and died, her grandson changed, too.~ ~

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...gs_vanished_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_l

maybe I better just got cuddle up to my hubby and watch the game..sheesh.

Both TN and GMA have been in cover mode from day one. Many have suspected that they were lying.

There is no good reason that either of these two could not have watched the children IF they were concerned. Because they didn't, they have had to praise misty on her childcare skills and great love for ron's children..to make sure that people knew misty was just as good as they could have been....thus, making it appear they did no harm.

What in Gods name does she mean by Misty going off and leaving no-one to watch over the two kids? Does she mean when she took off for the three days? I am getting confused.

Wait... I thought the story was that Ron kicked her out? Now Granny Annie is essentially saying Misty abandoned them?

[jmo - no wonder we're so confused and disagreeing with each other!]

They are planning the hanging. We can all sit back and watch the show.

He did kick her out, he delivered her clothes to Dianne (Nay's mother) and threw them on her lawn, IIRC.

Wait... I thought the story was that Ron kicked her out? Now Granny Annie is essentially saying Misty abandoned them?

[jmo - no wonder we're so confused and disagreeing with each other!]

Well, if I recall TN arrived in 10 minutes when she was called after 911 (lol) and AS arrived in 15 minutes...anyone see a problem why these two could not have been there....that is if they were where they said they were.

I took it to mean that Misty took off that prior weekend on her party/drug binge, and left Ron with his children and no sitter.

What I don't understand is where these grandmothers feel that it is Misty's responsibility to care for the children. Even more so if they knew what Misty was doing that weekend and in the past. Early on it was said by one of the grandmothers that Misty had taken off in the past. Why any of them would of even allowed Misty to be alone with the children makes no sense to me.

"Snip" dana.treen@jacksonville.com
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ed_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_long_ago_0

On Feb. 9, the night after Misty Croslin returned to Ronald Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by. She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids.

The relationship was rocky on the Monday night that Haleigh went missing. Croslin spent the weekend partying, although she was home by the time Cummings went to work Monday evening. But Cummings was angry and repeatedly called her brother that night, demanding to know where she was when he couldn't get her on the phone.

By all accounts, the lives of both Croslin and Cummings showed signs of trouble even before Haleigh's disappearance brought on the scrutiny of law enforcement and the media. http://www.gainesville.com/article/...n-s-Cummings-lives-tied-to-family-misfortune-

Both TN and GMA have been in cover mode from day one. Many have suspected that they were lying.

There is no good reason that either of these two could not have watched the children IF they were concerned. Because they didn't, they have had to praise misty on her childcare skills and great love for ron's children..to make sure that people knew misty was just as good as they could have been....thus, making it appear they did no harm.

bbm

Which just makes me scream Why?! You don't do this simply to keep from looking like a bad mother/grandmother. (Well, I wouldn't, but maybe I'm weird.)

Has to be misty's responsibility....ron didn't have any....never did.

Elle, I feel your pain. I figured that RC was doing drugs on one level or another just to put up with Misty's partying the weekend before Haleigh went missing, but I also was like you and didn't want to be another nail in the whole family's coffin. It has only been this last week where I've been really doubting them and this article has put me over the edge.

I avoid sitting on fences....that way I can't fall off...

Whisp, it just makes my heart cry for Haleigh. NONE of them held justice in the highest regard for her? NOT ONE? It seems like Hank Sr. cares more than Haleigh's own flesh and blood! It is more than I can imagine...a whole family???

Elle, I feel your pain. I figured that RC was doing drugs on one level or another just to put up with Misty's partying the weekend before Haleigh went missing, but I also was like you and didn't want to be another nail in the whole family's coffin. It has only been this last week where I've been really doubting them and this article has put me over the edge.

with all due respect, kimster,,,,
i want to clarify what you said
you think that rc did drugs just to put up with mc partying?
thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back