TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
GreenGreen, are you a local? Do you know the Bobo family?

If so, please contact Tricia and be verified as a local.....

(Don't know if anyone has already suggested this -- have been trying to catch up!)

I was verified as a local last night. By Kimster

Weren't they getting ready to not have searches after yesterday? If it was a cell phone, or anything else for that matter... would that be enough to renew the searches? If it was just laying there, I'm not sure if provides much of a meaning that she is in the area...

Not saying they shouldn't search, just saying that this whole case seems odd.

It is hard to believe the perp could be so messy yet be able to hide Holly.

The most likely scenario, to me, is he is playing a game. By this, I am assuming the item was found in the open or was tipped by the perp.

See, I don't find it so surprising that they haven't been found yet. I've driven a golf cart all around our little 40 acres of woods, looking for 8 full-size horses, and sometimes have real trouble finding them in the trees. And they aren't even hiding from me. At least I don't think they are, lol.

Now imagine someone in hundreds or thousands of wooded acres and highly motivated to hide. Able to reason and plan. Move around. And the news telling you where they have searched today.

I can imagine this guy snatching a phone away and tossing it, or throwing the lunch bag out of the car. But whether he is dragging her unwillingly along or knocked her out and is carrying her, I think he's going to be way too busy getting away to drop false clues. Just my opinion. :)

What do you mean, "What if this guy is just totally nuts?".....??

Anyone who'd abduct a young woman from their home is obviously 'totally nuts'.

Actually I tend to disagree. But maybe "nuts" needs to be defined. This took thought, planning, some effort and finesse. So that implies a level of clarity and sanity.

I could be considered nuts. I have diagnosed bipolar disorder, and other psych issues. I can hallucenate: see and hear stuff, voices etc. I can act whack and totally out of my own control, etc. When Im wigged out I could not plan or carry out ANYTHING like this for sure. Ive known pople who I consider nuts. You know them when you see them... I dont think this guy was nuts. You can call him evil, wrong, bad, whatever, but I think he is fairly sane.

Salvador Dali said the only difference between himself and a madman was that he was not mad!

GreenGreen, do you know if there's any CatHouses in the area where women may be being held captive or being made to work against their will?

I heard someone talking about an adult bookstore in the area, and those bring up all kinds of deviant behavior....So I'm wondering about Cathouses too.

What do you mean, "What if this guy is just totally nuts?".....??

Anyone who'd abduct a young woman from their home is obviously 'totally nuts'.

Agreed. What I meant was so crazy as to not even be capable of thoughts such as 'I don't want to get caught' or someone who actually wants to be caught. Someone who not only kidnaps a young woman from her home but who enjoys playing games with LE.

In many cases we have seen the kidnapper be 'sane' enough to go back to functioning quite well in society until he is caught. What if this is one big game for this guy?

Just random thoughts.

I do agree anyone who kills anyone is crazy. That is why I never understood the whole not guilty by reason of insanity thing. Uhhh...any non-accidental killer is insane in my eyes.

He would have been seen at the time of day by people at the business. So imo, it wasn't the first thing thrown out.

If being seen at that time of day was a risk, then he probably didn't go through the property on ATV or on foot or have a vehicle parked there.

It suggests it was either a plant or disposed of later. If so, then why that location? The only thing that makes sense is that it was to mislead LE. That may also be a part of why TBI said it may not be of any help in the search.

Actually I tend to disagree. But maybe "nuts" needs to be defined. This took thought, planning, some effort and finesse. So that implies a level of clarity and sanity.

I could be considered nuts. I have diagnosed bipolar disorder, and other psych issues. I can hallucenate: see and hear stuff, voices etc. I can act whack and totally out of my own control, etc. When Im wigged out I could not plan or carry out ANYTHING like this for sure. Ive known pople who I consider nuts. You know them when you see them... I dont think this guy was nuts. You can call him evil, wrong, bad, whatever, but I think he is fairly sane.

Salvador Dali said the only difference between himself and a madman was that he was not mad!

Yeah, well Carla, you've told me some of what you deal with, and why, so I understand.......and I didn't mean to smack down on the other poster, but to me anyone who'd abduct someone, or do something to or with another person against their will is in an aberrant mental state. There's all kinds of spectrum's of being mentally unbalanced. Peace and love to everyone here.

GreenGreen, do you know if there's any CatHouses in the area where women may be being held captive or being made to work against their will?

I heard someone talking about an adult bookstore in the area, and those bring up all kinds of deviant behavior....So I'm wondering about Cathouses too.

Not that I am aware of. The bookstore is 20 miles away or so.

Yeah, well Carla, you've told me some of what you deal with, and why, so I understand.......and I didn't mean to smack down on the other poster, but to me anyone who'd abduct someone, or do something to or with another person against their will is in an aberrant mental state. There's all kinds of spectrum's of being mentally unbalanced. Peace and love to everyone here.

Its all good from my point here! :crazy:

Agreed. What I meant was so crazy as to not even be capable of thoughts such as 'I don't want to get caught' or someone who actually wants to be caught. Someone who not only kidnaps a young woman from her home but who enjoys playing games with LE.

In many cases we have seen the kidnapper be 'sane' enough to go back to functioning quite well in society until he is caught. What if this is one big game for this guy?

Just random thoughts.

I do agree anyone who kills anyone is crazy. That is why I never understood the whole not guilty by reason of insanity thing. Uhhh...any non-accidental killer is insane in my eyes.

Yep, TopTop, we're on the same page....

I've read that a large percentage of criminals 'want' to be caught. Something about wanting to purge the guilt of their conscious.

As to 'anyone who kills' is crazy....it's a strange twist in our society that when we're in the military we can kill and be called hero's, but do it regular life and we're 'crazy' and a 'criminal'. Speaking from experience killing in war does make one 'crazy' to some extent. Some handle it better than others.

If being seen at that time of day was a risk, then he probably didn't go through the property on ATV or on foot or have a vehicle parked there.

It suggests it was either a plant or disposed of later. If so, then why that location? The only thing that makes sense is that it was to mislead LE. That may also be a part of why TBI said it may not be of any help in the search.

There is no way they could have been there and not been seen. As far as why that location. Why any location it has been so far? I know everyone thinks the case is odd. You should try living here and watching it happen all around you. It's crazy.

See, I don't find it so surprising that they haven't been found yet. I've driven a golf cart all around our little 40 acres of woods, looking for 8 full-size horses, and sometimes have real trouble finding them in the trees. And they aren't even hiding from me. At least I don't think they are, lol.

Now imagine someone in hundreds or thousands of wooded acres and highly motivated to hide. Able to reason and plan. Move around. And the news telling you where they have searched today.

I can imagine this guy snatching a phone away and tossing it, or throwing the lunch bag out of the car. But whether he is dragging her unwillingly along or knocked her out and is carrying her, I think he's going to be way too busy getting away to drop false clues. Just my opinion. :)

Well, I would not have thought of looking in trees to find horses either. How did they get up there? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I grew up in Tennessee woods very similiar to these. As a kid and teen, I thought I could get lost in them for weeks. But if a thousand people had been looking for days, it would be hard to hide two people, one being unable or unwilling to move rapidly. These are not the Smokey Mountains we are dealing with. Just relatively small patches of wooded areas.

If he has been busy getting away, he is far away and someone will tip that. But if this is a game to him, it would be a thrill to stay "amongst" the people and drop clues and "watch" the game being played. Now, we are far from this scenario being anything but a figment of my imagination.

Not that I am aware of. The bookstore is 20 miles away or so.

Maybe they'd know where the cathouses are? Ya'll have any water boards back there? J/K on the waterboards....not about them knowing.

Well, I would not have thought of looking in trees to find horses either. How did they get up there? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I grew up in Tennessee woods very similiar to these. As a kid and teen, I thought I could get lost in them for weeks. But if a thousand people had been looking for days, it would be hard to hide two people, one being unable or unwilling to move rapidly. These are not the Smokey Mountains we are dealing with. Just relatively small patches of wooded areas.

If he has been busy getting away, he is far away and someone will tip that. But if this is a game to him, it would be a thrill to stay "amongst" the people and drop clues and "watch" the game being played. Now, we are far from this scenario being anything but a figment of my imagination.

LOL, a new series coming this fall. Horses In Trees.... :D

There is no way they could have been there and not been seen. As far as why that location. Why any location it has been so far? I know everyone thinks the case is odd. You should try living here and watching it happen all around you. It's crazy.

I can only imagine.

I am only thinking out loud, wasn't actually expecting anyone to know why 'that location'. Only the perp or maybe Holly knows, and maybe not even them if it was something dropped or somehow flew out of the vehicle.

Thanks for clarifying the location would have had people around at the time of morning when she was taken. I was confused as to whether it was an abandoned area or not. Maybe, if they release a tiny bit more specific info or ask more detailed questions about the location, someone will remember seeing something or someone there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTaylor