Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably looking at the wrong accounts. These are people who don't know Sierra but who post daily about her and talk to her friends. Sorry can't post their accounts. These are kids who speculate like we do. They report fake accounts and send in tips they think might be helpful.

Last night one gave the website address to this thread and asked if the person he talks to all the time has ever been on it. It's not the account that was attacking members here. It's dated April 25 1:17 am. So they are reading here.

Could be one of them saw the pic posted here and the sites listed and told one of Sierra's friends. Maybe one has her pws and deleted things.

I did a search using "websleuths" and "web sleuths" but didn't come up with anything to do with the SL story. However, I didn't read her friends' tweets. You made an excellent point about the pw and the account. 'Nuff said. Don't want to give the mini-sleuthers any more ideas!

You're probably looking at the wrong accounts. These are people who don't know Sierra but who post daily about her and talk to her friends. Sorry can't post their accounts. These are kids who speculate like we do. They report fake accounts and send in tips they think might be helpful.

Last night one gave the website address to this thread and asked if the person he talks to all the time has ever been on it. It's not the account that was attacking members here. It's dated April 25 1:17 am. So they are reading here.

Could be one of them saw the pic posted here and the sites listed and told one of Sierra's friends. Maybe one has her pws and deleted things.

I dont think normal people can delete these things though. These other sites taht search older twitter postings are searching stuff that is "cached". Its like you always hear, once its been posted its permanent. I think for it to dissapear, LE had to take action.

I did a search using "websleuths" and "web sleuths" but didn't come up with anything to do with the SL story. However, I didn't read her friends' tweets. You made an excellent point about the pw and the account. 'Nuff said. Don't want to give the mini-sleuthers any more ideas!

I don't know if this is relevant, but...I have Google Alerts for some of the cases I follow here. They are just set as the persons' names. I frequently get results from WS.

I don't know if this is relevant, but...I have Google Alerts for some of the cases I follow here. They are just set as the persons' names. I frequently get results from WS.

Oh, that is different. Google does a search of the Internet looking for the name you requested in the search and sends you an email containing the links.

We were referring to people on twitter specifically writing about the SL story on Websleuths.

I dont think normal people can delete these things though. These other sites taht search older twitter postings are searching stuff that is "cached". Its like you always hear, once its been posted its permanent. I think for it to dissapear, LE had to take action.

I'm with you, SJSleuth. It's next to impossible to remove stuff from the Internet on one's own.

I am guessing the reason her current accounts haven't been taken down is because LE is monitoring them for suspicious activity. Meaning "Returning to the scene of the crime," and other psychological behaviors based on LE profiling cases. Or I have watched too many crime shows and read news articles over the years!

What a stunning beautiful young woman that she'd already become.. I cropped out her friend for privacy...
SierraAlL67XcCQAAHT23-1.jpg

Something funny is going on, I'd found the Topsy stuff a while ago, but now it's mentioned here and suddenly deleted?

Great find! It only goes back to 11/30/11:

12/25 -OMG! Everyone got iPhones
12/17 -I love C's iPhone
11/30 - I NEED an iPhone because I need Siri in my life
also a reference about "my mom takes my phone..."

No indication, IMO, that she ever owned an iPhone but loved (and used) her friends' iPhones

Above BBM with UNDERLINE for even more emphasis.. Thank you for posting this tiny little nugget of truth.. while so very tiny within the grand scheme of thecase as a whole.. it is however something I personally picked up on and have posted ad nauseum about it.. so I greatly appreciate having more concrete evidence to back up what I ve felt to be the case all along..

Again thanks Annie!

ETA:: AM SPEAKING ABOUT THE WORDS OF SIERRA FROM HER OWN PERSONAL TWEETS.

I'm with you, SJSleuth. It's next to impossible to remove stuff from the Internet on one's own.

I am guessing the reason her current accounts haven't been taken down is because LE is monitoring them for suspicious activity. Meaning "Returning to the scene of the crime," and other psychological behaviors based on LE profiling cases. Or I have watched too many crime shows and read news articles over the years!

This is great - thank you. The bad news for researching is that users on Twitter can change thier profile name at anytime. That's why you see accts as no longer being there. I'm sure that is not new news though. That's an entirely different discussion :)

This is off topic, but I would like to share.

I haven't been on here since I started working with a new client and it is taking up all of my days and nights. Anyway, something happened yesterday and I feel absolutely horrible about it.

I was driving to meet my client at about 11am. was getting on the freeway (I-5 at the 145 st entrance in Shoreline wa...not a lot of traffic...normal community (I don't live there). So there was this kid. I think he is about 15?...He was dressed normally: jeans, tennies, Northface type of jacket, clean cut. He had 2 bags: 1 red (nice) duffle bag and another yellow bag - one on each shoulder and fully packed.

He was hitchhiking on the freeway entrance. It took a sec to digest..I only saw him as I was turning onto the freeway and he was pretty much about 100 feet from the entrance..so hard to stop.

I was going to stop - thinking he is a runaway...based upon his age and looks. Then the car behind me stopped. It was an older model red Honda Civic - like mid 90's or even older...4 door. I slowed down (long freeway entrance) and watched this guy pick up the kid. The driver was a man in his mid 50's (salt and pepper - no real hair style) and a blue baseball hat on.

He picked him up and I followed them - tried to take photos of the license, but it was raining and the darn rain drops kept distorting the plate numbers...so I basically was trying to get good/legible photos all the way to my exit in downtown Seattle...I was behind him. when I tried to get beside him to take photos of the front seat (driver and passenger) he sayed about 10 cars back...I think he must have seen me.

when I say ten cars back, I mean that there were no cars in between.

Anyway...I realized I forgot my badge and was totally distracted. I didn't need it, but really should have had it. while trying to take the photos, I got to my exitand a couple of hours later was able to call the incident in.

I feel so horrible, because they told me I should have called it in immediately. who else knows that better than us. I don't know what happened with me. I should have called in the license and then taken the photos. I was so tired...no excuses at all.

It was clear they were not pleased with me...I feel SO horrible. I should have stopped, no matter how far down the on ramp and intervened or called right then. Or at least just taken the license down and called.

They traveled going towards Tacoma. I watched their communication and the driver was laughing and talking...so much like a sex offender. I know that nobody normal would pick up an underage hitchhiking kid. Especially a mid 50's aged male.

I pray that my mistake has not caused something horrible to happen. I bet he was hitchhiking to Portland. I hope my calling it in, even late, helped.

But I will never do that again. Something for everyone to remember. They were not happy about my delay in reporting. And I agree. I messed up big time.

No hitchhiking - even if we can't tell exactly how old they are. we need to report all hitchhiker pickups and at least record the license plate. Can't stress that enough. So important. we don't care how insignificant it is..CALL!

Above BBM with UNDERLINE for even more emphasis.. Thank you for posting this tiny little nugget of truth.. while so very tiny within the grand scheme of thecase as a whole.. it is however something I personally picked up on and have posted ad nauseum about it.. so I greatly appreciate having more concrete evidence to back up what I ve felt to be the case all along..

Again thanks Annie!

ETA:: AM SPEAKING ABOUT THE WORDS OF SIERRA FROM HER OWN PERSONAL TWEETS.

You're welcome, and kudos to SJSleuth for providing the link. Obviously, I have too much time on my hands, so tackled this like a research project. Every time I saw something relevant, I jotted it down (am on my iPad so pen and paper were used), then went back to see if I could find any other tidbits. That's when I discovered the link was gone. Since clues are minuscule and scant, we don't have much to go on. I pray that LE has some good leads.

By reading SL's tweets, it was like getting to know her as a person (especially her sensitive posts, wise-beyond-her-years statements re high school years, as well as teen-aged angst which I am sure a lot of us can recall - what a tough age under the best of circumstances). SL is like a well-developed character in a page-turner book that is difficult to put down.

I joined the search last Sunday, so felt useful for the day, and will probably go back down this weekend.

I'm so thankful for this forum and its members' insightful thoughts and information. Thank you, all!!

This is off topic, but I would like to share.

I haven't been on here since I started working with a new client and it is taking up all of my days and nights. Anyway, something happened yesterday and I feel absolutely horrible about it.

I was driving to meet my client at about 11am. was getting on the freeway (I-5 at the 145 st entrance in Shoreline wa...not a lot of traffic...normal community (I don't live there). So there was this kid. I think he is about 15?...He was dressed normally: jeans, tennies, Northface type of jacket, clean cut. He had 2 bags: 1 red (nice) duffle bag and another yellow bag - one on each shoulder and fully packed.

He was hitchhiking on the freeway entrance. It took a sec to digest..I only saw him as I was turning onto the freeway and he was pretty much about 100 feet from the entrance..so hard to stop.

I was going to stop - thinking he is a runaway...based upon his age and looks. Then the car behind me stopped. It was an older model red Honda Civic - like mid 90's or even older...4 door. I slowed down (long freeway entrance) and watched this guy pick up the kid. The driver was a man in his mid 50's (salt and pepper - no real hair style) and a blue baseball hat on.

He picked him up and I followed them - tried to take photos of the license, but it was raining and the darn rain drops kept distorting the plate numbers...so I basically was trying to get good/legible photos all the way to my exit in downtown Seattle...I was behind him. when I tried to get beside him to take photos of the front seat (driver and passenger) he sayed about 10 cars back...I think he must have seen me.

Anyway...I realized I forgot my badge and was totally distracted. I didn't need it, but really should have had it. while trying to take the photos, I got to my exitand a couple of hours later was able to call the incident in.

I feel so horrible, because they told me I should have called it in immediately. who else knows that better than us. I don't know what happened with me. I should have called in the license and then taken the photos. I was so tired...no excuses at all.

It was clear they were not pleased with me...I feel SO horrible. I should have stopped, no matter how far down the on ramp and intervened or called right then. Or at least just taken the license down and called.

They traveled going towards Tacoma. I watched their communication and the driver was laughing and talking...so much like a sex offender. I know that nobody normal would pick up an underage hitchhiking kid. Especially a mid 50's aged male.

I pray that my mistake has not caused something horrible to happen. I bet he was hitchhiking to Portland. I hope my calling it in, even late, helped.

But I will never do that again. Something for everyone to remember. They were not happy about my delay in reporting. And I agree. I messed up big time.

No hitchhiking - even if we can't tell exactly how old they are. we need to report all hitchhiker pickups and at least record the license plate. Can't stress that enough. So important. we don't care how insignificant it is..CALL!

I feel bad that YOU feel bad! SO many people would not even NOTICE, much less call in seeing someone be picked up. When I have called in such things I am always feeling they are annoyed that I called at all...:(

And it could very well be that the kidis just fine, and the dude just was kind and gave him a lift...Sometimes people are good. Just hope for that

SBM

You know what? A bunch of other people saw that kid hitchhiking and didn't call it in.

YOU DID.

So your execution was not flawless. You got a lot of information, enough to track that car down (how many red Honda Civics of mid-90s or older are still on the road? not many).

And you cared.

I'm sorry that dispatcher apparently couldn't see the ton of things you did right for the one mistake you made.

Me, I will hope that the guy was an off-duty police officer who was establishing a rapport with the kid while he drove the kid straight to whatever department handles runaway teens.

I feel bad that YOU feel bad! SO many people would not even NOTICE, much less call in seeing someone be picked up. When I have called in such things I am always feeling they are annoyed that I called at all...:(

And it could very well be that the kidis just fine, and the dude just was kind and gave him a lift...Sometimes people are good. Just hope for that

Thank you..that is exactly the thing.when she asked why i had not called immediately so they could put a state trooper on it an pull over the car immediately, but she said to please call with anything no matter what.

I think LE needs to put out there that they are not the old LE that doesn't think calls are not important. I think the perception is that we are bothering LE if we call.

Yes, I do feel absolutely horrible. But I do know I did my best in getting the plate number. It didn't go as it should have (with me just getting the number and calling it in...have no idea what I was thinking with needing pictures of the plate) but anyhoo...thank you.

Thank you..that is exactly the thing.when she asked why i had not called immediately so they could put a state trooper on it an pull over the car immediately, but she said to please call with anything no matter what.

I think LE needs to put out there that they are not the old LE that doesn't think calls are not good.

Yes, I do feel absolutely horrible. But I do know I did my best in getting the plate number. It didn't go as it should have (with me just getting the number and calling it in...have no idea what I was thinking with needing pictures of the plate) but anyhoo...thank you.

I think the guy driving the car saw me and he kept back driving...so hopefully if he did have bad intentions, he realized someone got his plate.

Just one more thought...

How do I put this..so, I have been running this over and over in my mind. Maybe I've been exposed to this stuff too much...but this could have easily been an a situation where a kid has gone missing. Take away me seeing it. It could have easily been a situation where a kid goes missing...and nobody notices. And I saw it. Take that aspect out...do you know what I'm mean? Like Sierra - It could have been someone who saw something that day, but as you're saying, it's not normal for someone to ackowledge that type of thing. And seriously, some people just don't retain things..they just don't observe like some people would. Hard to digest. I think it is different, but maybe not so much. I saw something that very clearly could have been/be horrible. The reality of that just, I don't know.

People are interesting...not everyone observes like we're talking about in this case. Could be the same with Sierra. Not saying...not even theorizing..but man...to see something like that that 'could be' was very sobering. It makes me feel like 'okay' this is it...this is what simply happens. And then here we are searching for them and putting all of our hearts into finding them..I saw what possibly could be/have been potentially a tragedy.

I just can't get the visual out of my head. It's very real. I don't think I'm over reacting. It happens that simply.

Snipped for the thought that keeps running through my mind 90nine (thanks):

Just one more thought...

It makes me feel like 'okay' this is it...this is what simply happens. And then here we are searching for them and putting all of our hearts into finding them..QUOTE]

BBM

The SIMPLE FACTS we DO know:

1. NO charger taken with her
2. NO inhaler taken with her
3. Scent finishing at end of drive

WITH ONLY THESE FACTS KNOWN, IMO someone made her leave very quickly from that house and made her rush hence not having these items with her.

Go back to the beginning LEOS and think like a teenager.........who would get her to walk to the END of the driveway only without these items???????

The timing that is proven by Mother seeing her and a text and a photo has also been 'confirmed' by the LE..........so who is fooling who here????

Someone got her to walk out and leave her precious things needed every 'normal' day behind. It started at the house, so go back there to start again.

I am speaking to LE not us sleuthers folks..........the simple facts we know are shown as left behind items at the home.

Sierras day got very interrupted in a very short time period we are being told by LE, so, who would she trust to believe to leave behind her inhaler and charger........there in lies the BIGGEST HINKY in this whole case.

SHE WOULDN'T and this is hinky.

1. Never said it was her iPhone. I don't think she had any other phone at the time of her disappearance but the one that was tossed.

2. She could facetime herself from a mac to a phone, but in this photo, one device takes the screen capture and one is seen in the photo. The screen capture device cannot capture an image of itself, ergo there are two handheld devices - one taking it, one seen in it.

3. So you are saying she is holding two idevices, but facetiming from one device to the mac and screen capturing on one idevice and the other is in the picture extraneously?

I was really confused by this. Then suddenly I got it. I am not sure I can explain it, but I will try. If you stand in front of the webcam, holding your iPhone, the picture on the iPhone will be what the webcam sees, i.e. YOU HOLDING AN IPHONE! If you capture the picture on your screen, it will be a picture of what the webcam is pointed at, but will have the icons on it that are displayed on the iPhone screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998