LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truck ran her down swinging wide right on a left turn.

Now.... are there houses on Brashear or is that business? I need to take a look at Google Earth

It's houses. A nice little residential area. There are traffic barriers about halfway down Brashear, but a bike can easily go right through or around them and come out onto Johnston st where it seems she was headed because it has a bike lane.

Nope haven't fallen down the rabbit hole yet, but I'm on my way. The only truck now in question is the Z 71 going the same way as Mickey.

Thank God you get that. I'm getting seasick from people insisting there were 3 trucks and LE only cleared 1.

Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?

Totally residential.

I put in a request to the mods to create a mini-forum for Mickey's case. Fingers crossed.

I also had the same thought of the truck being a Chevy Colorado z71 quad cab. My mother drives a red one and to my non-car expert eye, they look the same.

After owning nothing but Chevrolets, it becomes easy to recognize them. I know someone who owned a red one too with the bed liner and all. It was a Colorado and it looked exactly like this one. The 2 other photos by Circle K is of a full size truck.

starting? all these speculations and wild conjectures and quibbling over details is beyond frustrating. so difficult and tedious to follow, that it seems more for entertainment purposes than actual sleuthing.

I agree - and with that I am going to get off here for a while!

Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?

Who knows. I hit a curb there the other night while trying to drive and sleuth at the same time :D and a few people were peaking out of their houses when they heard it. But this is also after the fact, so people are probably more suspicious of what they hear now.

OK I just want to say that I was absolutely certain the truck was a Dodge. I do not know how to do those side by side pics. I'm working with a phone here. All I can say is side by side the truck looks LIKE A DODGE RAM QUAD CAB.....IN MY OPINION!!!

The front windows look different. The dodge ram has a bigger front window that sort of curves back with the frame of the truck roof... also the wheel cutouts are different....on the dodge ram they're more curved..whereas on the perp's truck they are more straight at the top and square?
http://i.imgur.com/nfLXG.jpg

I know about the bike path--I'm from here...but if she went down Brashear, she would have gotten to Johnston in an area that's very shaded and not as well lit as the bike path, plus it's a main road that would be full of drivers leaving area bars--honestly, there is enough traffic on Johnston at that time of morning where I am 100% sure that someone would have seen her if she had traveled all the way from Brashear to the bike path. If she takes Coliseum Rd, she can get onto the bike path without having to get on Johnston St. at all.

Ah, sorry. That's what I get for clicking "reply" and not checking out who I'm replying to. :blushing:

From University to Blackham Coliseum, though, is there a bike path available? I haven't ridden that area, but I'm trying to figure out if she'd have tried to get to it to be on a main road.

You don't think she cut through the parking lot to Azalea? I just don't see why she'd want to go down Johnston St. If someone was following her, and she knew it, it would have been quicker to cut through the LCG parking lot to Azalea and hit University back to the Circle K parking lot than it would be to head down Brashear. And if she wasn't doing it because she was being followed, why detour at all? Especially towards Johnston, when that's just farther she'll have to double back?

But if someone is following you, isn't it scarier to turn into a deserted parking lot ? They can follow you into the lot and you are trapped and away from other cars or people, imo.

Totally residential.

But it was late. if people are in bed with A/C running and house sealed up tight, very possible for a collision and no one heard a thing.

Whoever talked about bloodhounds is 100% correct.

They need to block those streets - Brashear - St.Landry, maybe others? RIGHT AWAY, before the next rain (has only rained once since then) and sniff out if there was a point she hit the ground.

They better hurry; rain chances tomorrow. I hear thunder outside right now.

Wow! Never thought of that! I like the postitive deviousness of that idea, lol.

This case is going to go on for awhile now, I think. It well could deserve its own mini-forum - and, if anyone else thinks so, one should suggest it to a mod. They're busy people so if one doesn't hear back right away, don't worry. They listen and appreciate the suggestions.

Click on the View Forum Leaders link at the bottom of this page in order to do so.

I know I am a minority but I dislike forums...they get opened and things seem to slow down, maybe from a lack of general discussion thread. I know I seldom post on them, but that is JMO.

108 members and 111 guests thinking along with us on the same bandwidth - guests, we welcome you, and welcome you as well to join WS!

Interesting. Didn't think of it like that. They have to have a pic of him leaving no matter which way he went. Maybe left on brashear back to university then right on university would result in no camera but I doubt it. Good post.

If there is no video of him leaving the area he has to live On brashear or in that little neighborhood.
:what: Well I'll be!
I was thinking :ufo: got the white truck!
Now I wonder what vehicle transported the bike to dispose of it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆