LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cemetery, c-e-m-e-t-e-r-y, cemetery. This post from a grumpy English teacher falls at random.

Can't speak for others, wfgodot, but I can keep ya real busy with spelling and punctuation too..LOL

Since bsl has a fascination with cemeteries, could it be possible that he buried her somewhere as well? Jmo

I might have missed something, but if he went to Texas to dump his truck and burn it, did he go and come right back cause from may 26-may 31 is almost a week. His girlfriend must have suspected or even if not, where was he staying during that time? Hotel? Friend in Texas? If it was a hotel that he was staying in, surely there would be no evidence left by this point due to other occupants since him staying in assumed hotel room. I'm dying to know what he was truly doing from may 26 - may 31.

According to his moms facebook page, it seems she is originally from Texas and has sister(s) still there. Being a RSO, I really don't think he would chance travelling that far in case he was pulled over with a body in the truck.
That is just my opinion.

The pasture behind BSL's house was searched 4 to 5 weeks ago?
No, sorry for the confusion!
The officials continued the search of Lavergne’s trailer and the property Friday.

Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton said Saturday that police dogs were used during the search.

Items collected from Lavergne’s residence are still being processed to “determine if it has evidence value or not,” Mouton said.

Busby, meanwhile, noted that about four to five weeks ago a pasture that was part of the search had been overcome by buzzards.

I really want to know how much attention has been paid to the 'buzzard pasture' Ms. Busby was so concerned about...
Me too!! :(

And if they search in Texas for her I am on it!! This case has touched me through and through.
And the bully, bio issues, adoption angle now too as well. Yikes.
I could have been the female version on BSL.

I was adopted at age 8. I was with the adoptive parents for four years before they adopted me. How that adoption happened I am not sure as NOBODY ever spoke to me about how I was being treated. One day I was just suddenly adopted and I do recall my heart sinking at the very words.
Although it was not a good situation for me I am thankful I was adopted as I was a fling child, born into drugs alcohol and prostitution and abuse. The egg donor then left me w the man she was married to when she conceived me on the fling w another man. So, perhaps the adoption was indeed the better option for me but the bio situation MOST DEFINITELY left me capable of knowing how and having the mind set to know the adoption situation was almost as bad if not worse and I got the hell out of there at a young age. But I do believe it was the attempt of the adoptive mother to give me a better life that set me aside from my bio siblings and the statistics that I was surely headed towards. *blush*
What a shame this case is on all sides. BSLs mother.. my heart really goes out to her. I realize just because I was in a bad situation does not mean all adoptive parents are bad people. I did not mean to imply that at all.
I over came. I am grateful I am proud.
Hugs to such a wonderful group of people here.

Now where the hell is Mickey? :(

Most offshore workers work 14/7 or 28/14 although it depends on what company he's on if he works on call ect.

I don't know much about buzzards...i see them eating dead animals on roads out in the open..but they may be able to dig down to find food..???

Vultures/buzzards have excellent eyesight and circle an area searching for coyotes and other predators before landing. They can't locate buried animals, but wild pigs that have an excellent sense of smell can locate food deep underground & locate food miles away...

The swamps and forests of LA should have a very large wild hog population. Hogs do not perspire and need water/wetlands to stay cool. They are nocturnal and graze/root in pastures at night.

Unless cadaver K9s were used in the first search of the pasture, a second search should be conducted, imo.

Vultures/buzzards have excellent eyesight and circle an area searching for coyotes and other predators before landing. They can't locate buried animals, but wild pigs that have an excellent sense of smell can locate food deep underground..

Unless cadaver K9s were used in the first search of the pasture, a second search should be conducted, imo.

:/

How clean can/do buzzards pick a place?

Did Mickey go by the cemetary on her bike route..maybe thats where he was sitting in his truck and first noticed her?

Wasn't there a satellite pic, like Google earth or similar pic early on that had a white truck that was captured in the pic? I know these pics aren't always up to date but maybe he sat there often to observe the area. Does anyone else remember this pic and believe he may have been sitting in the cemetary for a long time (like months or more) just waiting and watching?

I might have missed something, but if he went to Texas to dump his truck and burn it, did he go and come right back cause from may 26-may 31 is almost a week. His girlfriend must have suspected or even if not, where was he staying during that time? Hotel? Friend in Texas? If it was a hotel that he was staying in, surely there would be no evidence left by this point due to other occupants since him staying in assumed hotel room. I'm dying to know what he was truly doing from may 26 - may 31.

This also makes me think he has a secret place where he might bring his victims.

Not according to where she was captured on video. If you look at this map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=203177667984633076348.0004c12cae7cc5698843c&msa=0 you can see her route and St. John's Cemetery is on that map.

She would have passed the cemetery if she'd stayed on Parkside but she went down Versailles to St. John which means she was on the other side of the property and not right in front of the cemetery. You can seee this if you press the satelllite view on your map. The pictures of Mickey on Versailles are the first we see of her that night.

Most offshore workers work 14/7 or 28/14 although it depends on what company he's on if he works on call ect.

Not necessarily. Some are 7/7, 14/14, 14/7, 21/7, 21/21, 28/28, 28/7, 28/14, etc.

Vultures/buzzards have excellent eyesight and circle an area searching for coyotes and other predators before landing. They can't locate buried animals, but wild pigs that have an excellent sense of smell can locate food deep underground..

When I think of pastures, I think of grassy fields. Can any of the locals describe the area? Does this area have trees or brush? I'm wondering if it would be possible to bury/hide a body where it wouldn't be easily seen.

Now that someone has been arrested.
Would it be possible to start a thread somewhere showing areas searched
if it would not interfere with the investigation so some of us can continue on looking and searching.

Thank you in advance.

I'm not ignoring your question, :+:MrTT:+:. I'll check it out and see what we can do. For the moment, I suggest posting maps of the search areas in the Maps and Photos thread. It's for reference, and not a discussion thread, so comments will have to be kept to a minimum statement of facts.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175335"]LA LA -Mickey Shunic: MAPS AND PHOTOS, No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

When I think of pastures, I think of grassy fields. Can any of the locals describe the area? Does this area have trees or brush? I'm wondering if it would be possible to bury/hide a body where it wouldn't be easily seen.

Anyone have a map of BSL home? I know it was posted, I searched many pages but couldn't find it.
Thanks

Anyone have a map of BSL home? I know it was posted, I searched many pages but couldn't find it.
Thanks
Map of BSL home The pin isn't in the exact place as KATC had on their newscast. But that's the street.

ETA: I think my pin is more accurate because of the fence running along the SW side of the house and the fact that we know the house was burned down about a year ago (according to a neighbor). The tin roof in the SE corner of the property seems to be the barn we saw in the pictures of his house from the ground level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member