NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know at what stage in the investigation they were called? I don't see any reason why someone can't call them again. Maybe initially LE told the family it would do no good, so they decided against it, but now that the Murrays don't seem to be getting anywhere with LE, I see no reason why they can't call TES back, even if LE says they don't need their help. The family has nothing to lose.

Don't they use drones for searching? I think there needs to be a ground search in this case.

New stuff from James.

It appears Maura was involved in a credit card issue and more stuff on Butch Atwood and rick forcier

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

I got the impression that the person the detective is implying Butch Atwood was scared of was his neighbor rick forcier but who knows.

Don't they use drones for searching? I think there needs to be a ground search in this case.

TES does ground searches as far as I know. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant. I agree that there needs to be a ground search.

New stuff from James.

It appears Maura was involved in a credit card issue and more stuff on Butch Atwood and rick forcier

I got the impression that the person the detective is implying Butch Atwood was scared of was his neighbor rick forcier but who knows.

According to this information, I guess they already have "pretty much searched everything within a 5 mile radius." Hmmm.

Speaking of that, I'm a little confused about why whichever LE official it was said that he was confident she was murdered and could be found within a 5 mile radius of the crash site. Why the 5 miles radius comment? If someone else was involved, she could be ANYWHERE. If a creep picked her up, why wouldn't he take her a little further away from the crash site before killing her? That part just doesn't make sense to me. They may have evidence that leads them to believe she was murdered, but unless they have a specific suspect, I don't see how they can make the distance statement.

ETA: Are we supposed to know who Rick Forsier is? Because I don't. I thought it was interesting how the article didn't explain anything about who is before mentioning his comments. I have no idea what his relationship is to the case. Did I miss something somewhere along the line that explains him?

According to this information, I guess they already have "pretty much searched everything within a 5 mile radius." Hmmm.

Speaking of that, I'm a little confused about why whichever LE official it was said that he was confident she was murdered and could be found within a 5 mile radius of the crash site. Why the 5 miles radius comment? If someone else was involved, she could be ANYWHERE. If a creep picked her up, why wouldn't he take her a little further away from the crash site before killing her? That part just doesn't make sense to me. They may have evidence that leads them to believe she was murdered, but unless they have a specific suspect, I don't see how they can make the distance statement.

ETA: Are we supposed to know who Rick Forsier is? Because I don't. I thought it was interesting how the article didn't explain anything about who is before mentioning his comments. I have no idea what his relationship is to the case. Did I miss something somewhere along the line that explains him?

Rick Forcier lived right across the street from the school bus driver and he was a contractor who (around a month or so) after maura went missing, he came forward and said he thought he saw her running (the night she went missing) east down Rt. 112 about five miles from his house as he was returning home from work.

Once again, no one in law enforcement has said that Maura would be found within a five mile radius. It was a private investigator that said so, one that was hired by Fred and I believe he was basing his statement on statistical norms for a missing person and an abandoned car. I don't believe there is some mystery evidence out there.

New stuff from James.

This was interesting too:

Healy believes Maura was murdered. "We're sure she was killed. Her death was caused by the intervention of another human being. And we're pretty sure we know who did it. Everything points to one direction."

I agree, "Everything points in one direction" makes me think RF was responsible. Unless, there is someone out there not named in the media.
I wonder if NH LE agrees with this?

ETA: Are we supposed to know who Rick Forsier is? Because I don't. I thought it was interesting how the article didn't explain anything about who is before mentioning his comments. I have no idea what his relationship is to the case.
Did I miss something somewhere along the line that explains him?

my bold . .

Read the blog again (sometimes, I have to read it a few times to absorb everything) It looks like there is a suspect, but I'm guessing there isn't enough evidence to bring him in.

I think Renner is writing to all the followers of this case. There are over 7 years of people following this case, which is why he probably didn't explain Rick's roll in the investigation. There are a few good articles still available on the web to read on Maura's disappearance, if you want to catch up.

TES does ground searches as far as I know. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant. I agree that there needs to be a ground search.

I probably have it wrong. I should look at their website.

Rick Forcier lived right across the street from the school bus driver and he was a contractor who (around a month or so) after maura went missing, he came forward and said he thought he saw her running (the night she went missing) east down Rt. 112 about five miles from his house as he was returning home from work.

Once again, no one in law enforcement has said that Maura would be found within a five mile radius. It was a private investigator that said so, one that was hired by Fred and I believe he was basing his statement on statistical norms for a missing person and an abandoned car. I don't believe there is some mystery evidence out there.

Ohhhh, thank you! I knew about the contractor, just didn't know his name. That also makes sense to hear that the PI seemed to be basing his statement on statistics.

my bold . .

Read the blog again (sometimes, I have to read it a few times to absorb everything) It looks like there is a suspect, but I'm guessing there isn't enough evidence to bring him in.

I think Renner is writing to all the followers of this case. There are over 7 years of people following this case, which is why he probably didn't explain Rick's roll in the investigation. There are a few good articles still available on the web to read on Maura's disappearance, if you want to catch up.

Thanks for the info! Yes, I probably do have a lot of catching up to do, as I hadn't even heard about Maura until this year. I did actually know about the contractor, but I'd never read his name, so I didn't put two and two together.

Also, just to take care of this all in one post, the reason I think TES does ground searches is because their name, Equus, is based off the fact that the organization started by using horses. They're also the group that couldn't search for Caylee Anthony during the flood (incidentally, they're also suing CA). I live in Houston, and they're based out of Dickinson, which is right between Houston and Galveston, so I know a little bit about them but not much. I guess it's mainly an assumption on my part that their volunteer searches are usually on the ground, but that's the impression I've always had for whatever reason.

It would take a lot of manpower to search everywhere within a 5 mile radius, and if it's true that a search was already conducted, maybe it's not necessary. On the other hand, just because cadaver dogs didn't find anything doesn't mean they couldn't have missed something. I don't know. I just feel like if I were a member of her family and I heard that statement about the 5 mile radius, especially coming from my own PI, I'd be tempted to call them in and see what they could do.

ETA: Obviously, it doesn't have to be TES. I'd just like to see some sort of ground search.

my bold . .

BBM

I posted a comment on the latest JR blog (to which I linked from a post on this thread) to the effect that while I was visiting friends in the area at the end of July, MM's disappearance came up. My friends offered a name that I have not seen on WS, and while I definitely do not want to violate the TOS here, I can state RF is not the name I was given and I have not seen the name I was given anywhere on all the MM threads on WS. The speculation by my friends is that LE does not have enough to prosecute this person.

Moderator, please delete this post if it is inappropriate.

If you can't post it here, will you please PM me? Thank you.

Maura's case has confused me for years. I'm not sure what I think of the blogger just yet. Seems to have a lot of "sensational" info that was never leaked in 7 years? I find that a bit hard to believe.

If you can't post it here, will you please PM me? Thank you.

Maura's case has confused me for years. I'm not sure what I think of the blogger just yet. Seems to have a lot of "sensational" info that was never leaked in 7 years? I find that a bit hard to believe.

I'm not sure if it's hard to believe or it's just that LE hasn't shared too much until now. Let's face it, it's been 7 years. I think it's about time they move on this in another direction.

BBM

I posted a comment on the latest JR blog (to which I linked from a post on this thread) to the effect that while I was visiting friends in the area at the end of July, MM's disappearance came up. My friends offered a name that I have not seen on WS, and while I definitely do not want to violate the TOS here, I can state RF is not the name I was given and I have not seen the name I was given anywhere on all the MM threads on WS. The speculation by my friends is that LE does not have enough to prosecute this person.

Thanks for the info! Does this potential suspect have a father who owns a cement or gravel company there? I did read about another person of interest in another forum. I'm not sure if this is the guy you have heard about. I wonder what kind of evidence they have on this person of interest and wonder why Butch Atwood was afraid of him.

Thanks for the info! Does this potential suspect have a father who owns a cement or gravel company there? I did read about another person of interest in another forum. I'm not sure if this is the guy you have heard about. I wonder what kind of evidence they have on this person of interest and wonder why Butch Atwood was afraid of him.

Now I remember. I got this guys name written down somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.

BBM

I read your comment on JR's blog. Yes, the person of interest is the same guy that I just mentioned in my last post. There was a long discussion on Topix on him. I think his wife or step-mother (forgot exact relationship) is the Attorney General or something like that. . . Supposedly, the family is very powerful in the Haverhill area. There was discussion about his father pouring a new concrete floor in his building in Feb. of the year MM disappeared, if I recall correctly. If all the circumstancial evidence points to him, I wonder what that evidence is?

According to Renner, John Healy is a "childhood friend" of Strelzin. Maybe he's a family friend when Jeff was in kindergarten, but he's definitely not a peer - Healy is around 12 years older.

Just sayin'.

I read your comment on JR's blog. Yes, the person of interest is the same guy that I just mentioned in my last post. There was a long discussion on Topix on him. I think his wife or step-mother (forgot exact relationship) is the Attorney General or something like that. . . Supposedly, the family is very powerful in the Haverhill area. There was discussion about his father pouring a new concrete floor in his building in Feb. of the year MM disappeared, if I recall correctly. If all the circumstancial evidence points to him, I wonder what that evidence is?
Yeah, we were talking about this individual here a few months back, and actually my interest in him regarding MM is partly what lead me to join WS. He's got a prestigious family - his step-mother is the Grafton county attorney, and his father owns several businesses around town (one, indeed, being a concrete company - at least, he owned one around the time of Maura's disappearance).

Kiln_Wood, you say you haven't seen the name pop up on WS, but judging from your post on Renner's blog it sounds like we're talking about the same person. Correct me if I'm wrong. (Or don't, whatever you feel comfortable revealing).

Anyway, mods - delete this post if I've stepped over any lines here.

ETA: Does anybody remember this?
"In late 2004, a man came forward to Fred with a stained, rusty jackknife. The stains were a reddish-brown color, Fred said. The man told Fred he thought his brother may have been connected to Maura's disappearance. At the time of Maura's accident the brother was living less than a mile away, the man related. He described his brother as having a record of violence and said that his brother's live-in girlfriend began acting strange around the time of Maura's disappearance.

Fred tried to turn the knife over to police but did not get beyond the plate glass window at state police headquarters, "I have what could be evidence in a capital crime," he recalled saying to the dispatcher, but the dispatcher said no one was available at headquarters to accept such evidence. Fred was told to come back during regular work hours. Fred then mailed the knife to state police along with all the information he received on the suspect. A few days later Fred received a proof of receipt that his package had reached the police but was never contacted by police regarding the knife or the possible suspect."
http://southshorexpress.com//index....ing-part-iv-the-aftermath&catid=912&Itemid=83

If (and that's a big if - don't take my post for anything more than speculation) the person under discussion is involved with what happened to MM, and also the owner of the knife, then - keeping in mind the reputation of said person's family - would LE's seemingly total disinterest and inaction regarding this potentially very important piece of evidence start to make sense?

Yeah, we were talking about this individual here a few months back, and actually my interest in him regarding MM is partly what lead me to join WS. He's got a prestigious family - his step-mother is the Grafton county attorney, and his father owns several businesses around town (one, indeed, being a concrete company - at least, he owned one around the time of Maura's disappearance).

Kiln_Wood, you say you haven't seen the name pop up on WS, but judging from your post on Renner's blog it sounds like we're talking about the same person. Correct me if I'm wrong. (Or don't, whatever you feel comfortable revealing).

Anyway, mods - delete this post if I've stepped over any lines here.
ETA: Does anybody remember this?
"In late 2004, a man came forward to Fred with a stained, rusty jackknife. The stains were a reddish-brown color, Fred said. The man told Fred he thought his brother may have been connected to Maura's disappearance. At the time of Maura's accident the brother was living less than a mile away, the man related. He described his brother as having a record of violence and said that his brother's live-in girlfriend began acting strange around the time of Maura's disappearance.

Fred tried to turn the knife over to police but did not get beyond the plate glass window at state police headquarters, "I have what could be evidence in a capital crime," he recalled saying to the dispatcher, but the dispatcher said no one was available at headquarters to accept such evidence. Fred was told to come back during regular work hours. Fred then mailed the knife to state police along with all the information he received on the suspect. A few days later Fred received a proof of receipt that his package had reached the police but was never contacted by police regarding the knife or the possible suspect."
http://southshorexpress.com//index....ing-part-iv-the-aftermath&catid=912&Itemid=83

If (and that's a big if - don't take my post for anything more than speculation) the person under discussion is involved with what happened to MM, and also the owner of the knife, then - keeping in mind the reputation of said person's family - would LE's seemingly total disinterest and inaction regarding this potentially very important piece of evidence start to make sense?

Are you thinking that the knife may have belonged to the guy with the powerful family? His brother was the one who gave it to Fred, if I recall correctly. Wouldn't he back up the police, since he was the one who brought the knife to someone's attention? Are we talking about 2 different people--- the guy with the knife and guy with the powerful family or are they one and the same?

Are you thinking that the knife may have belonged to the guy with the powerful family? His brother was the one who gave it to Fred, if I recall correctly. Wouldn't he back up the police, since he was the one who brought the knife to someone's attention? Are we talking about 2 different people--- the guy with the knife and guy with the powerful family or are they one and the same?
I was theorizing, pure speculation, that the guy who gave the knife to Fred is the brother of the suspicious person in question (who does have at least one brother, from what I've gleaned). As I said, this would explain LE's disinterest in that piece of evidence. But you're right - it doesn't totally pan out. If there's a cover-up of some sort, because of the powerful family of these two brothers, one would think nobody in that immediate family would be turning in any such items. Perhaps the man who gave the knife to Fred couldn't control himself after seeing it, made a "mistake" in putting the trail onto his brother (this was fairly early, still 2004) - and that's why the police clammed up and we haven't heard any solid information about any of this since.

But, of course, this is all pretty tenuous as long as we don't even know the identity of the man who came forward with the knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla