NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe that rumour about the blonde at Belle real estate is on the money.

He will NOT have internet contact. He will have 3 phone calls a week. Probably monitored.

Depending on prisoners classification
A1 A2 A3 A4 High security

B1 B2 B3 B4 Medium security

C1 C2 C3 C4 Low security

GBC remand.....only 3 phone calls.

Whew !!! Thanks KTK. We can stop keeping an eye out for Bruce now !!

:woohoo:

From twitter @renaehenry10 just now:

Gerard Baden-Clay's last text messages to his wife, and the photos police will use as evidence @tennewsqld at 5

I wonder why the police are releasing this evidence :waitasec:

Re TM at the show - I saw GBC on three different occasions the night we went (it wasn't deliberate believe me - it felt like every time we turned around there he was - not good!). The first two times he was with one or more of (I presume) his children but no adults. The third time he was carrying cartons of hot chips etc to a place on the hill just before the fireworks - when I looked back to see where he sat down, it did appear that he was with a dark haired lady. It was dark and crowded though so it was hard to see clearly without looking too obvious. However, there were also other little girls with them, so I presumed it was probably the mum of friends of the girls and the girls wanted to sit together? I remember thinking how hard it would be to be that mum - you would want to sit with them for the girls' sake, so they could be with their friends - but to have to sit with GBC...?

Does this kind of fit in with what you saw Dunnozo, if we were there the same night?

Must've been close to that time. I only saw the eldest daughter with him though, and it was during the pre-fireworks show. He did scan the audience from down below though, until he spotted whoever had saved him a seat. I thought it was kind of bold to walk in front of everyone like that, and alone at the time.. there must have been a lot of eyes on him... Dunno. MOO

they would have sent it along to Gerards legal outfit..

there is no suppression order..

* no wonder Gerard wanted a suppression order... what a <modsnip>.

Not early enough. I spent the first few days after Al missing thinking she'd stomped off somewhere. Then a couple more thinking of the random attacker scenario. Then it slowly started to dawn.... but even then u think- aw, c'mon, there must b some other explanation! He's Mr Suburban- Innocuous! So u go down a few other ( stupid, gullible,) paths for a while until you sit down one day with another Mum and u cry together and say... Oh no. This is the new reality - there is no other. Then, up, dust yourself off, and work out how to get something positive going for the girls out of this hell. Even before the bail hearing, u hang onto manslaughter, if only for their future sanity (i.e. it was maybe a terrible mistake?) BUT along comes info on dumb google searches, dumb phone calls, dumb insurance claims....
Stupid, evil f$@k

WhatTheHey....my heart goes out to you and everyone close to this tragedy, it sounds like you have all been doing whatever you can to help one another, along with helping the girls as much as is possible in this situation

It might not make things all right....it sure won't bring Allison back, it won't ever erase the bad memories those beautiful girls are going to carry forever.... but the love and compassion and all the support that your community is showing really does make difference to people in their time of need, they might not see it now.... but the family will one day look back and they will know what you have been doing and they will be grateful for everything you have done

i think your all fantastic :heartbeat:

Sorry, but I don't see that it makes any sense, even for G.

I know, i'm just trying to explore other possible reasons for the middle of the night facetime call. Can't really find any other good reason.

From twitter @renaehenry10 just now:

Gerard Baden-Clay's last text messages to his wife, and the photos police will use as evidence @tennewsqld at 5

I wonder if the text message was retrieved from his phone or hers. Does it mean they found her phone? You'd think he would delete(text messages) incriminating him from his phone.Unless of course it's a fake "Please come home " message.
Big Moo

Hi guys. I can put this one to bed. It was definitely not TM. It was a fellow Brookie mum like me who has kids his age - I spoke with them both at show. Like many of us, she has had to play a 'double agent' role for 8 weeks now, being polite, continuing with lifts for the girls, generally hovering around. Some asked, why, how can u stand to b NEAR him? Here is how - we realised that if we all back away, horrified, from that little blue house en mass - then the girls are left vulnerable day to day. So we plastered on our smiles and our best suburban manners and entered conversations, responded, cooperated etc. To keep contact, keep an eye, ears alert. For the girls, but mostly for Al.
All v. relieved now, post-Friday. X

Thank you for explaining, WTH, I am local, but not as close to all that. I've been wondering how all those women close to allison have been able to continue on.. Thanks for explaining, and cheers to all of them (us) looking out for the best interest of those kids, when surely it can't be easy for them.

First post on here, but have been reading most of the threads since the event itself.

Several points to make, if you will indulge me:

1. There are an awful lot of "What if..." scenarios that get suggested, and which then almost take on a life of their own. But most of them are pure supposition. Yes, we all love to speculate, but some of the more outlandish ones are just that - outlandish. I mean - blowing up a random photo, taken from a video, and trying to read things into a skin line as to whether or not it is a scratch or a welt or just a skin crease.... We have to assume that the QPS would have seen anything like that right from day 1.

2. All the rumours about missing hands, and various other body parts - I've heard all sorts of explanations, suppositions, and theories. I've also heard them locally - I live only a short distance from the house in Brookfield - and the rumours and scuttlebutt are just as active here in the community of real life as they are in the online communities.

3. While several people have pointed out that GBC is innocent until proven guilty, it would seem that many in here have him marked as guilty with NO presumption of innocence at all. A lot of comments have been made that are quite derogatory, and that could be construed as prejudgement. It would make a juror's task all the more difficult if he or she had read any of these threads. This includes all the comments about his presumed psychological profile and character type - most of those being from people who have never met him.

4. An amazing amount of innuendo (that's not an Italian suppository, by the way) has been written based on perceptions of how certain people spoke, behaved, walked, stood, what clothes they wore, or whatever. Hardly scientific evidence...

5. Many holes in arguments and contradictions have been overlooked.

- just because GBC's iPhone shows calls, Google searches, etc - it still has to be proved that it was HIM that did them. And that would not be easy to prove. What's to say that it wasn't somebody else, such as one of the kids, Allison herself, or somebody completely different? Unlikely? Sure. But impossible? Nope.

- the alleged blood in the car as opposed to the defence claim that there were no injuries apart from a chipped tooth. That has yet to be explained, and there will be details from the autopsy that we do not yet know.

- tossing somebody off a bridge, especially one that high, would almost certainly result in a broken bone or three. We don't know if any were detected at autopsy. On the other hand, if she were either buried, or otherwise hidden in the bush up near the scout camp, then washed down the creek during the very heavy rainfall we had over that weekend, there may be NO broken bones. And the body would have "hung up" on the outer radius bank, where it was found, possibly by roots, or other snags. A few more metres and she would have been out in the main stream of the Brisbane River. I know the area well.

- the person who allegedly gave details of seeing the car in the driveway at night, with "four doors open" or "something being loaded in the back" I find hard to credit. I drive past there several times a day, and it is so well hidden, set back off the road, and just before the crest of a hill if heading outbound that one's eyes need to be on the road. Yes, I can cast a VERY quick glance up the driveway, but the view lasts all of about half a second if that.

There are several other theories that have been aired on here, which certainly make for interesting reading. But I wonder if anyone has actually stopped to wonder if there just MAY be other possibilities? I agree that things do not look good for GBC. I agree that the phone records may be quite damning - but it still has to be proved that it was him.

Just to state my own credentials here, so you can take my comments in perspective - I have certain professional qualifications that the mods are aware of, particularly in the areas of medical, scientific, forensic, and anatomical knowledge. I have also been involved in several murder cases (and attempted murder) in two completely separate capacities: (a) a material witness - i.e. a witness to facts only, where I have been involved in the case in my professional capacity, and (b) as an expert witness. This latter category is the only witness category where you testify an opinion in addition to facts.

While I enjoy speculating as much as everyone else in here, I do think that some of the flights of fancy get a bit carried away, and particularly now that the case is before the courts, we need to be very careful about what is suggested, even if it is "covered" by "my opinion only" etc.

I also think that given the expertise in here, particularly in regard to the ability to suggest scenarios, then shouldn't we also be wondering if somehow there could be other answers?

I am not a friend or supporter of GBC, although we have had family dealings with him and his business regarding a couple of house rentals. But I am not suggesting that he IS innocent - all I'm saying is that too many in here have already got the solution all cut and dried. Minds should be kept open, and inquiring. Let's see what the evidence is as it comes to light, but in the meantime, is it just possible that the entire thing may not be quite what it seems?

Apologies for the long-winded first post. It's the accumulation of a lot of lurking and reading, but only just having got my credentials verified with the mods.

Alison Sandy now tweeting to stand by for further details about the case.

Ten news has the hide to do it to us again????

Just remember we can mute the last 10 minutes of Bold and the Beautiful while waiting for the 5 o'clock news. We don't have to listen to it!

I wonder if the text message was retrieved from his phone or hers. Does it mean they found her phone? You'd think he would delete(text messages) incriminating him from his phone.Unless of course it's a fake "Please come home " message.
Big Moo

You can delete text messages from your phone, but they're not really 'deleted' in modern phones, they're just junked by the software, exactly the same way an email would be deleted on a computer... it can still be recovered.

Did I not read a report that they'd located a SIM card near ABC's recovery site?

A quick note. Sorry if it's already been said, I didn't have time to read all the pages.

About the FaceTime-call. The calls can usually only be made in Wi-fi, which in this case means home. But it's also possible to make such a call in 3G (in this case Kholo Greek) if you have two Apple devices. You use one as a base station and the other one for calling. I couldn't make it work, but I've made such a call when somebody else did the connection to me. I seriously doubt that GBC has done that, though. If he for some reason had the knowledge of that, he would also have better knowledge about what information can be traced etc. Sorry for the bad english.

More on twitter from @renaehenry10:

Police photos of alleged forensic evidence inside Gerard Baden-Clay's car.. coming up on @tennewsqld

Tweet from @KayMcGrath7 from 7 News Brisbane:

Gerard Baden-Clay text messaged wife Allison asking where she was before reporting her missing

First post on here, but have been reading most of the threads since the event itself.

Several points to make, if you will indulge me:

1. There are an awful lot of "What if..." scenarios that get suggested, and which then almost take on a life of their own. But most of them are pure supposition. Yes, we all love to speculate, but some of the more outlandish ones are just that - outlandish. I mean - blowing up a random photo, taken from a video, and trying to read things into a skin line as to whether or not it is a scratch or a welt or just a skin crease.... We have to assume that the QPS would have seen anything like that right from day 1.

2. All the rumours about missing hands, and various other body parts - I've heard all sorts of explanations, suppositions, and theories. I've also heard them locally - I live only a short distance from the house in Brookfield - and the rumours and scuttlebutt are just as active here in the community of real life as they are in the online communities.

3. While several people have pointed out that GBC is innocent until proven guilty, it would seem that many in here have him marked as guilty with NO presumption of innocence at all. A lot of comments have been made that are quite derogatory, and that could be construed as prejudgement. It would make a juror's task all the more difficult if he or she had read any of these threads. This includes all the comments about his presumed psychological profile and character type - most of those being from people who have never met him.

4. An amazing amount of innuendo (that's not an Italian suppository, by the way) has been written based on perceptions of how certain people spoke, behaved, walked, stood, what clothes they wore, or whatever. Hardly scientific evidence...

5. Many holes in arguments and contradictions have been overlooked.

- just because GBC's iPhone shows calls, Google searches, etc - it still has to be proved that it was HIM that did them. And that would not be easy to prove. What's to say that it wasn't somebody else, such as one of the kids, Allison herself, or somebody completely different? Unlikely? Sure. But impossible? Nope.

- the alleged blood in the car as opposed to the defence claim that there were no injuries apart from a chipped tooth. That has yet to be explained, and there will be details from the autopsy that we do not yet know.

- tossing somebody off a bridge, especially one that high, would almost certainly result in a broken bone or three. We don't know if any were detected at autopsy. On the other hand, if she were either buried, or otherwise hidden in the bush up near the scout camp, then washed down the creek during the very heavy rainfall we had over that weekend, there may be NO broken bones. And the body would have "hung up" on the outer radius bank, where it was found, possibly by roots, or other snags. A few more metres and she would have been out in the main stream of the Brisbane River. I know the area well.

- the person who allegedly gave details of seeing the car in the driveway at night, with "four doors open" or "something being loaded in the back" I find hard to credit. I drive past there several times a day, and it is so well hidden, set back off the road, and just before the crest of a hill if heading outbound that one's eyes need to be on the road. Yes, I can cast a VERY quick glance up the driveway, but the view lasts all of about half a second if that.

There are several other theories that have been aired on here, which certainly make for interesting reading. But I wonder if anyone has actually stopped to wonder if there just MAY be other possibilities? I agree that things do not look good for GBC. I agree that the phone records may be quite damning - but it still has to be proved that it was him.

Just to state my own credentials here, so you can take my comments in perspective - I have certain professional qualifications that the mods are aware of, particularly in the areas of medical, scientific, forensic, and anatomical knowledge. I have also been involved in several murder cases (and attempted murder) in two completely separate capacities: (a) a material witness - i.e. a witness to facts only, where I have been involved in the case in my professional capacity, and (b) as an expert witness. This latter category is the only witness category where you testify an opinion in addition to facts.

While I enjoy speculating as much as everyone else in here, I do think that some of the flights of fancy get a bit carried away, and particularly now that the case is before the courts, we need to be very careful about what is suggested, even if it is "covered" by "my opinion only" etc.

I also think that given the expertise in here, particularly in regard to the ability to suggest scenarios, then shouldn't we also be wondering if somehow there could be other answers?

I am not a friend or supporter of GBC, although we have had family dealings with him and his business regarding a couple of house rentals. But I am not suggesting that he IS innocent - all I'm saying is that too many in here have already got the solution all cut and dried. Minds should be kept open, and inquiring. Let's see what the evidence is as it comes to light, but in the meantime, is it just possible that the entire thing may not be quite what it seems?

Apologies for the long-winded first post. It's the accumulation of a lot of lurking and reading, but only just having got my credentials verified with the mods.

Dr. Watson, is your first name Bruce ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member