Nessie 2012: new sonar image appears to show 'serpent-like creature' in loch

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they're gearing up for tourist season on the shores of Loch Ness, at least.

Is this the Loch Ness Monster? Sonar picture shows 'serpent-like creature' at bottom of mysterious loch
---
The sonar picture, that shows a large unidentified living object deep underwater, was recorded by Loch Ness boat skipper Marcus Atkinson.

The mysterious being was recorded at a depth of 75ft in the murky water and measured nearly 5ft wide.

Mr Atkinson’s sonar fish-finder device records the width of objects in the depths directly below his tourist boat every quarter of a second.

Image produced when his vessel was in the Loch's Urquhart Bay showed a long moving object that had followed the boat for more than two minutes.

The consistent marks on Mr Atkinson's sonar create a horizontal mass, which is not an indicator of length.

But excited Loch Ness monster experts have ruled out the ‘sighting’ being any other fish, seal or wood debris and believe it is proof of an unknown creature in the Loch.
---
the rest, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

I don't believe in Nessie, but I wonder what that is. :waitasec:

Stories abound of similar sightings in Scottish, English, and Welsh lochs, lakes, and llyns.

I'd guess there's something odd in Loch Ness. And it's publicity hungry!

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of aquatic animal that may be a holdover from older times. Not quite sure if I believe in Nessie, but there are some crazy known sea creatures out there.

Talking of "mythical creatures" around these parts we have a large panther like cat who kills lambs and I have seen it :eek:

I don't believe in the Loch Ness Monster

Talking of "mythical creatures" around these parts we have a large panther like cat who kills lambs and I have seen it :eek:

I don't believe in the Loch Ness Monster
Ah! The legendary ABCs of England: alien big cats. Fortean Times runs a feature on sightings once a year and mentions them often in other issues.

We're all ears for a description of the beast - any thread accomodating the Ness can also open itself to other rarities in the UK.

Daily Mail just loves this topic; and so do I:

'The most convincing Nessie photograph ever': Skipper claims
to have finally found proof that Loch Ness Monster exists

He has dedicated more than two decades of his life to the hunt for the elusive Loch Ness monster, spending 60 hours a week on the water.

And now George Edwards believes he has finally fulfilled his ambition of spotting 'Nessie'; he even photographic evidence to prove it.
---
Sturgeon no, elusive leviathan yes!! lol; the story and the picture and two - TWO! - Nessie sidebars (hiccup) at link above

"had the picture independently verified by a team of US military monster experts"

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "military monster expert".

"had the picture independently verified by a team of US military monster experts"

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "military monster expert".
Thought the same thing. Must be the same bunch who proclaimed, via actual gov't-sponsored website, that no evidence of mermaids has been found! ("Mermaids no; elusive leviathan yes!") We have a thread on it somewhere.

That's a great picture - it even seems to have the classic "horsey head" that viewers always mention.

"For all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally."
~ Napoleon Dynamite

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XCl3tPSgIA"]Napoleon Dynamite Loch Ness Monster - YouTube[/ame]

Also this . . . some of the best video of the monster from the old "In Search of . . . " show:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlpyvAP7JXM"]In Search Of: The Loch Ness Monster (Season 1 Episode 20) - YouTube[/ame]

I thought it looked like a bloated sturgeon, floating accountably upright, on top of the loch's waters but I'm not going to say so because I'm on (drumroll) #TeamNessie!

If it isn't a sturgeon maybe it's a nurse shark!
rimshot.gif

By God you've done it!!! Call the military monster experts!!! :skip: :rocker::woohoo::rocker: :skip:
The big dollars they invested in the anti-mermaid weaponry - before the findings proved it for naught - will hamper their research this time around, though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0JTphbm-Q0"]Odo the Emu swimming with 'Daddy' - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLfN5pGsgEU"]The Real McKenzies - Nessie - YouTube[/ame]
lyrics

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back