Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
my snip....I cant bring myself to fault HHJP for schooling JB...the fact remains that this case was an absolute slam dunk, and everyone knew it...the judge knew, the state knew, the defense knew, OCA knew, the entire planet excepting a few ....well, "simple" people knew that.

what HHJP was TRYING to do was prevent OCA from being more prejudiced than she already was by her own actions from those of her moronic lawyer (I use the singular as JB was truly the only incompetent IMO)

no one on this PLANET thought she'd be acquitted, not her most ardent supporters even thought that, they all thought they'd be sending her money orders in 5$ increments for eternity.

well now we know that 12 people of the lowest possible brain function were on that jury so it's easy to wish and wish and wish but what no one knew, including HHJP, was that it was over the instant this jury was sworn in...nothing ANYONE did would have changed the fact that these jurors were just gonna cry "I dont knooooooooooooooooow what happened, chloroform is too big of a word so I just forgot about it, ALL of it was too big words we didnt understandddddd... why are you picking on us when we just couldnt figure it ouuuuuutttt god we SAID we didnt like OCA either, it's not like this was OUR faulltttttt".

JB coulda been dancing around in his skinny jeans and OCA could have randomly barked out "I killed the little snothead hahahaha" and this jury STILL was going to say "I dont knooooooooowwww what happened"

I agree 2Goldfish - and I found that trial as frustrating as anyone. The question is - if HHJP hadn't schooled Baez, we would have seen HHJP shut the trial down and start all over again. With that jury are we seriously thinking we'd have had a different result?

Based on what appeared to the jury requirements - being a literal "no brainer" - I don't think so. And we do know the legal system in Orlando could not afford to try OCA twice.

A rock and a hard place....

BBM
I don't believe this for even one second. Where is the proof they made the same amount of money as hosting a super bowl once a week? :floorlaugh:

link please to an article, not to a post with someones assumptions

I don't believe it either.

I did not say the county, I said the Orlando economy had millions pumped into it. And it's standard procedure for the state to try and recoup expenses.

I have posted links in the past to several articles about how good the trial was for the Orlando economy. Search through them if you want to read them.

Here's one for you:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...0/how-the-casey-anthony-trial-could-pump.html

How the Casey Anthony trial could pump millions into local economy

and another:

http://www.***********.net/126391

Casey Anthony – Is She Bigger Than Micky Mouse?

How about a third?

http://www.cashprior.com/blog/2011/05/capitalizing-on-the-casey-anthony-trial/

Capitalizing On The Casey Anthony Trial
first link - did you even read it? Also, you are never going to convince me the county made millions on voo doo dolls and zanny the nanny tshirts.

<modsnip>

Hitting the thanks button wasn't enough, Beach. Thanks for all you (and ALL of the other mods as well) do. This is a great site as I have said many, many times. I enjoy being a proud member of Websleuths. But I'm not a "blogger".....LOLOLOL

yes thank you!!

Gotta be brief & can't hang around to answer any follow-up ?'s because I am at work but I did want to address this.

I completely understand the frustration. Completely. Just know that a a couple of us spent ALL weekend hashing this issue out with Tricia & Sue. We are still trying to come up with a good solution. It is a lot more complicated than it appears.

heh, I love sleuthing more than anything. (A heck of a lot more than moderating. ;)) And, I agree that some of what was posted on the non-MSM sites did turn out to be factual. We know that sleuthing is what our members do best and the last thing any of us want to do is discourage it. We just want to protect the integrity of the information posted here. That is what sets WS apart from so many other forums. So, please know that we are working hard on a solution.

Thanks for you patience and cooperation until we can advise otherwise. We appreciate it. :blowkiss:

I think we all do understand Beach, which is a different thing than the frustration we feel when we aren't seeing the movement in karma for OCA that we all crave. We know it's not "you". :therethere:

I think some of us feel it would be better to be gossiping about rumours than the members grumbling and sniping at each other about case details and beliefs like we do when new news drops off.:sigh:

Dreaming of summer!! Have a great day everyone!!

Nelaveli-Beach-Hotel-Breakfast-on-the-Beach-1.jpg

Hmmmmm, pacifier? Huh? I'm past you in the "disease" of us smokers unfortunately, so wondering. :waitasec:

-----------------------

atthelake. The first couple of nights I missed having something in my mouth. I have Lee Middleton dolls, actually took a pacifier and stuck it in my mouth :floorlaugh: it worked! I didnt miss the cigarette it was having something in my mouth. Dr. gave me Nicotrol (dont even know if they still have it).You must be off smoking a week before one can use it. I didnt use the "nicotine " that came with it but put cotton in the tube.
In all fairness I must admit my sons death did something to me mentally. I was a wimpy, afraid of everything, didnt have the nerve. Now it takes a lot to get to me its like part of me died too. I was deathly afraid of the Dentist (trauma) I developed peridontal disease. I went to the Dentist, sat in the chair he gave me novocaine and took all the top out. I never flinched. Part of my being is dead. :seeya:

I think we all do understand Beach, which is a different thing than the frustration we feel when we aren't seeing the movement in karma for OCA that we all crave. We know it's not "you". :therethere:

I think some of us feel it would be better to be gossiping about rumours than the members grumbling and sniping at each other about case details and beliefs like we do when new news drops off.:sigh:

True dat, LG. I would rather attack the rumor than attack another poster. So maybe we need a parking lot thread called "Rumor Rant" or something....I don't know the answer. Glad I'm not a mod :crazy:

OT: If not posted somewhere on WS..

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The parents of missing baby Lisa Irwin are not talking locally but they're talking to national media.

Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin returned from taping an interview with Dr. Phil.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...interview-for-Dr-Phil-talk-show#ixzz1kUDYZsX5
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-parents-tape-interview-for-Dr-Phil-talk-show

Thanks. Sure hope Dr. Phil asks the tough questions this round.

So sorry for your loss Nore :rose:

-----------------------

atthelake. The first couple of nights i missed having something in my mouth. I have lee middleton dolls, actually took a pacifier and stuck it in my mouth :floorlaugh: It worked! I didnt miss the cigarette it was having something in my mouth. Dr. Gave me nicotrol (dont even know if they still have it).you must be off smoking a week before one can use it. I didnt use the "nicotine " that came with it but put cotton in the tube.
In all fairness i must admit my sons death did something to me mentally. I was a wimpy, afraid of everything, didnt have the nerve. Now it takes a lot to get to me its like part of me died too. I was deathly afraid of the dentist (trauma) i developed peridontal disease. I went to the dentist, sat in the chair he gave me novocaine and took all the top out. I never flinched. Part of my being is dead. :seeya:

(((hug)))

-----------------------

atthelake. The first couple of nights I missed having something in my mouth. I have Lee Middleton dolls, actually took a pacifier and stuck it in my mouth :floorlaugh: it worked! I didnt miss the cigarette it was having something in my mouth. Dr. gave me Nicotrol (dont even know if they still have it).You must be off smoking a week before one can use it. I didnt use the "nicotine " that came with it but put cotton in the tube.
In all fairness I must admit my sons death did something to me mentally. I was a wimpy, afraid of everything, didnt have the nerve. Now it takes a lot to get to me its like part of me died too. I was deathly afraid of the Dentist (trauma) I developed peridontal disease. I went to the Dentist, sat in the chair he gave me novocaine and took all the top out. I never flinched. Part of my being is dead. :seeya:

This is heartbreaking to read. I sat and tried to think of something "comforting" to say and I can't with such a huge loss. I just hope you are able to find your own way after such a loss. I cannot imagine the pain....BIG hugs..

Lord, they went on Dr. Phil? Is that the popular thing to do now, don't talk to anyone but Dr. Phil? Jeebus. At least it's CA and GA again, but still! I might go check that forum as I can't imagine that is making anyone happy over there..

And about a thread in the parking lot - I think that's a great idea. Seems like we used to have one or two about certain things in this case. I think one about Twitter stuff would be good so we can talk, and then when MSM confirms it, we can come crawling back upstairs, LOL.

-----------------------

I know what you mean, Nore, and I'm sorry you've had to go through this, too. You're not alone, if that helps any.

Lord, they went on Dr. Phil? Is that the popular thing to do now, don't talk to anyone but Dr. Phil? Jeebus. At least it's CA and GA again, but still! I might go check that forum as I can't imagine that is making anyone happy over there..

And about a thread in the parking lot - I think that's a great idea. Seems like we used to have one or two about certain things in this case. I think one about Twitter stuff would be good so we can talk, and then when MSM confirms it, we can come crawling back upstairs, LOL.

Umm - just a wild guess here? :innocent: Could it be because the locals don't pay and Dr. Phil does....maybe? And ignores the very real questions? :banghead:

Umm - just a wild guess here? :innocent: Could it be because the locals don't pay and Dr. Phil does....maybe? And ignores the very real questions? :banghead:

Their Demon Seed has been getting entirely too much attention! CA needs her "fix." lol

I'm laughing but I'm not, know what I mean? They make me crazy! :furious:

-----------------------

I, too am sorry to hear of your loss. :hug: I believe if it was me, the light would leave my life forever. I hope that I am wrong and that it's not so dark for you.

Their Demon Seed has been getting entirely too much attention! CA needs her "fix." lol

I'm laughing but I'm not, know what I mean? They make me crazy! :furious:

Oops, my typing messed up. It's NOT CA and GA. It's Lisa Irwin's parents. Sometimes I type so fast I miss words.

Oops, my typing messed up. It's NOT CA and GA. It's Lisa Irwin's parents. Sometimes I type so fast I miss words.

Ohhhhh! Gotcha :D

But I still expect CA to come out swinging again...soon ;); I think she misses the limelight...and the moolah!

Does anyone know if Florida requires a permit to remodel a bathroom?

Someone from another site reported the specifics about the bathroom remodel of the A's home, including the permit fee and permit number (B11008342 Status: A). Anyone know how to verify this?

If this is true, I think they are dipping into foundation money. They went from foreclosure to remodel...seems strange if true. It also seemed strange when they quit paying their mortgage but never missed a commissary deposit for FCA while she was in jail.

IMO

I realized what you meant Aedrys and my above answer re money goes for either/or!:maddening:

Does anyone know if Florida requires a permit to remodel a bathroom?

Someone from another site reported the specifics about the bathroom remodel of the A's home, including the permit fee and permit number (B11008342 Status: A). Anyone know how to verify this?

If this is true, I think they are dipping into foundation money. They went from foreclosure to remodel...seems strange if true. It also seemed strange when they quit paying their mortgage but never missed a commissary deposit for FCA while she was in jail.

IMO

Link to Orange County gov't public records site
Yes..that permit number is listed

http://apps.ocfl.net/eBuilding/perm...SearchBy=PermitNumber&Permit_Number=B11008342

http://apps.ocfl.net/ebuilding/PermitSearch/PermitDetails.asp?Pnumber=B11008342

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members