State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (A.M. session: DT closing arguments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule Reminder as we head to Verdict
Good morning everybody! I'm sure everyone is eagerly waiting for the defense to rest today and the jury to be sent out.

I want to remind everyone of a few basic rules:

First - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Cheerleading for EITHER side is not a TOS violation, BUT being snarky and disrespectful about that opinion IS.

Second - if a post offends you, ALERT it. Remember, if you respond, it is on you and you may find yourself suffering the consequences for it.

Third - we are moving toward a zero tolerance policy. That means if you are snarky and rude, you may find yourself on TO.

Fourth - the mods will NOT be taking the time to send you pm's and hash it out. You will just see that you can no longer post.

Snarkyness will include avatars and siggy lines that are being used to convey messages you know you can't outright post.

Please keep in mind that ONE side, and only ONE side is going to win here, unless we end up in another stalemate. Whatever the outcome, we will have to deal with it, whether we think it is good or bad. So please keep in mind, that means one side is going to lose. Be a good sport. Don't gloat if you are on the winning side and don't pout and be mean if you are on the losing side. Brace yourselves now in case things don't go the way you want them to.

If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod - DO NOT post them in the thread. Remember all the TOS and rules, please.

Thank you,

Salem
---------

bumping up as a preventative measure... please take the time to read it

She can't be forced to testify. Sure, the defense team can subpoena her, but so what if she doesn't come? The Wake County DA's decide whether or not to press charges? Doesn't seem like a hard decision on my part.

:waitasec:
And where did I say anything about being forced to testify?

Mr. Arrington is a former law enforcement officer. He heard talk of Cindy Beaver's tales and spoke with her privately about what she'd been telling people. As a good citizen, and having that background, he pushed Mrs. Beaver to contact Wake Co. Sheriff's Dept. She resisted. He made the call. You have to believe he would never imagine someone would invent a reason to insert themselves in a murder case after all. Regardless of their office reputation, that would likely be many times greater than her previous exaggerations.

Having now been forced into the case by her own imagination and desire for attention at work, she could not let go. Like Pat Young, you might say, she invented very clear details of what she witnessed. She apparently wanted to assist in the state's side of the case initially (perhaps not imagining her neighbor was the guility party). Long story short, she got too deep and pride (and fear?) would not allow her to say perhaps she invented aspects of what she witnessed. Regarding what she witnessed, I'd even strongly suggest that rather than "what" she witnessed, it's more likely she witnessed nothing that day at all. And now her thirst for attention...being the office celebrity, if you will...threatens justice for sociopath Jason Young's brutality.

CB reminds me a lot of the older woman in the BC trial that was insistent she saw NC running the morning of her death. She testified how she'd called and called the police department and had been interviewed by at least two officers that I recall. She was IMO definitely in it for the attention and she wasn't going to back down.

...Judge said he would also include the option of 2nd degree murder. He also said the jury will be told they can infer the defendant acted in concert with other(s), as long as they believe he was also there at the time of the murder.

That may not technically fit what I think happened:

1) JY wanted MY dead for variety of reasons.

2) With a $2-4m policy collectible if she was murdered by someone other than him, it would not be excessively hard to recruit someone or someones(s) who might do it for the $$$ as accomplices. Perhaps it started as an innocent half joking conversation.

3) accomplices would have proof of his involvement in the event he didn't pay up after the fact, so they were confident of getting their share.

4) JY had another cell phone and/or one was secured for him by the accomplices - they kept in touch that night and after with this phone.

5) the accomplices would commit the murder, and of course leave CY untouched.

6) JY's plan was to come home in the middle of the night (forgot something important for trip) and discover the crime scene, call 911 immediately. His alibi had already been set by being seen on camera at the HI (he made sure of that). He did not want any other alibis for the trip back to Raleigh in case they had to go to plan B.

7) JY, after getting back to Birchleaf and looking over the crime scene (leaving his shoe print by accident), decided something needed to be fixed or cleaned up before calling 911 (CY? and/or something else), and it would create too much time between his arrival and calling 911 and/or he would risk leaving culpable traces at the scene in doing so. "And if they thinks it me you know what that means: no $$$ for any of us".

8) JY heads back to HI instead of calling 911. He called his accomplices and told them its now Plan B, they need to return and "fix" or clean up something, and that he was heading back to HI.

9) JY didn't count on being indicted for this. Accomplices of course did not/will not come forward, what reason would they possibly have to do so? And, what reason does JY have to rat them out when he thinks he could be aquitted or at the least not retried a third time?

(this is my refined and more detailed theory after this trial)

And where did I say anything about being forced to testify?

Why would she need to "save face" as you said, if there's no danger of being compelled to testify. No need to even tell them why. Just, "I'm going out of town, and I can't testify for you, I think he's guilty anyways."

Morning peeps...

CB reminds me a LOT of my mom & grandmother. Way, way, way too many details in a story that took 20 seconds to happen, and that's all I'm saying.

And totally o/t, but I am so buying some snap 2-0's today, dang commercials on InSession!

Does he necessarily need to even be there for the murder to get charged with first degree? GritGuy, correct me if I'm wrong, but hiring a hit man is a felony. And if the murder occurred during commission of a felony, then he gets 1st degree under felony murder anyways, without necessarily having to be there when the fatal blow was wrought.

everyone still have the "rainbow" bars? (off to check my teevee.... :escape: )

Whew...just made it back from my lab work...shades of attending the Indy 500 in my youth, lol...sheesh!!! Looks like I didn't miss anything. Omgoodness, I can breathe now.

Action now!

As always, all your updates and comments are appreciated for those of us without sound !! :seeya:

It's on... Final Instructions.

Not hold not testifying against Jason.

Keep your phone off during deliberations.

No objections by State

Defense has restated their previous objections and been denied.

Why would she need to "save face" as you said, if there's no danger of being compelled to testify. No need to even tell them why. Just, "I'm going out of town, and I can't testify for you, I think he's guilty anyways."

Nothing I said was even talking about testifying. She would want to save face with her superivor and co-workers after repeatedly sharing her 'story' with them.

Reiterating to everybody to not having any contact with jurors whatsoever because it makes them really uncomfortable because they know who you are, they've seen you for 4 weeks.... having contact really freaks them out.

Stephens' warning to the courtroom about not talking to jurors--"if you walk up to them, start a conversation with them, even innocently, it really... freaks 'em out". Go Judge!

judge telling everyone not to talk to the jurors... don't even talk about sports, etc...

says any convo "freaks them out"

says he won't have this convo again...

Cammy needs to wake up, or she's going to be upset she missed the Defense's closing argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood