WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can LE reach out to the Eagle Scouts to assist in searching? Is there any organized trained search organizations that LE would be willing to work with? I know that they must have somewhere to start - but how about asking locals to walk (search) their entire property(properties) looking for any clues?

Good suggestions, Wenwe. I would hope that LE would only use organizations that are Search-and-Rescue (SAR) Certified. Sky's case, IMO, stands a huge risk of having compromised evidence because no one knows exactly how long he has been missing and what may have happened to him. Because of that, any piece of evidence, no matter how small, I would hope would be collected only by those who are certified to do so and who would not compromise the investigation, even if it were by accident.

When Watershed Park was searched, it was done so by LE and when they came across what they thought were items of interest, LE called in their forensics team to help collect the evidence. Hopefully, they'd go that route again to try and preserve whatever they find so it couldn't be contested in court. They'll need whatever evidence they come across to be in the best shape possible, I think.

Man, it is WAY too quiet!! Dadgumit, somebody say something. Please let us know that Sky is still a priority. :heartbeat:

Sky, you are loved by so many sweet boy. We aren't going to stop working on your behalf until we know where you are. Every day is a day closer to finding you.

Rouge your point is very well taken and I totally agree with not compromising any crime scene. Unfortunately, in my experience - it is often local citizens who wander upon skeletal remains and they immediately call in LE. If the "scene" was left as pristine as possible - there is still a very good chance of collecting all of the evidence they need. If Sky's remains were to be found sooner - rather than later, it might have even more evidence. Tough call either way.

I am painfully aware that Caylee A. was found by the meter reader and the position of the skull was a major talking point for the defense - but the defense witness was not stellar in her presentation and blamed it on coyotes (that don't live in Florida). Honestly, I do not believe her testimony actually helped KC get off the murder charges.

"According to the University of Washington that number (score of 15 on a GAF) means that person is "In danger of severely hurting self or others".

I cannot believe this woman was allowed to have her children under these circumstances. This is such an atrocity. Poor baby Sky. This is absolutely heartbreaking...:cry:

Yes once again this case shows how broken the system is.

As pointed out above this judge had a history of not ruling in the fathers favour and/or poor judgment. There is a complete breakdown of communication between agencies.

I am tired of seeing people elected to positions (often the decisions are polical and/or unsound) instead of being appointed based on their performance/knowledge etc.

As much as I HATE to, I have to agree with your tragic description, Gitana.

So sad to say that I agree that this poor child was killed by his so called mother. And I agree that the fact that he looked so much like his father was probably one of the reason she was so cruel and hateful towards him. Just looking at her photos, and seeing dozens of her DD and almost none of her beautiful boy, tell us a very sad story.

And it is so upsetting to think that she withheld FOOD from her babies. FOOD. That is what a mothers primary purpose is, to feed and nurture a child. And seeing that sweet boy sinking in a sink to eat a slice of watermelon is just heartbreaking.

So, I agree, sadly. I wish she had the sense to have sent him away, but she didn't care about him enough to even do that. imo

Sadly I must agree. My head tells me that JB tossed him down the chute.

My heart hopes that since there were no HRD dog hits etc., that someone did step in and found a good home where he is loved and cared for.

I understand why they didnt charge Julia with abandonment or child neglect for "leaving sky in the car" the day he was "abducted. After all, no one believe that is what happened. BUT WHY didnt they charge her with neglect for leaving the children alone for 12 hours when the mediation occurred? There has to be something they can get her on.

Yes once again this case shows how broken the system is.

As pointed out above this judge had a history of not ruling in the fathers favour and/or poor judgment. There is a complete breakdown of communication between agencies.

I am tired of seeing people elected to positions (often the decisions are polical and/or unsound) instead of being appointed based on their performance/knowledge etc.

And courts today are still biased in awarding custody of the children just by default to the mother, regardless of the circumstances, and in this case the circumstances were absolutely atrocious given JB's extreme low level of functioning and dangerous mental health issues.
Also, concerning Parental Alienation Syndrome, it is well documented and unfortunately quite prevalent, yet the system seems quite oblivious to it in their rulings and the subsequent ramifications it has on the well being of children and families.
I was just thinking that JB brings to mind that old children's story, Hansel and Gretal. The question, whether to characterize her as the mean, evil stepmother, or the wicked old witch in the forest. :(

As much as I HATE to, I have to agree with your tragic description, Gitana.

So sad to say that I agree that this poor child was killed by his so called mother. And I agree that the fact that he looked so much like his father was probably one of the reason she was so cruel and hateful towards him. Just looking at her photos, and seeing dozens of her DD and almost none of her beautiful boy, tell us a very sad story.

And it is so upsetting to think that she withheld FOOD from her babies. FOOD. That is what a mothers primary purpose is, to feed and nurture a child. And seeing that sweet boy sinking in a sink to eat a slice of watermelon is just heartbreaking.

So, I agree, sadly. I wish she had the sense to have sent him away, but she didn't care about him enough to even do that. imo

I know, katy. I'm so afraid this may be the case as well. What makes me think this is that this mother, JB, comes across as completely cold and heartless, just seems to be more than can be explained away by her mental illness. Perhaps she has antisocial personality disorder as well. Whatever it is, certainly something essential is missing in this woman. Precious little boy, just heartbreaking. :cry:

Sky, you cannot fall back so far on WS - it is just not allowed.

:bump: Up, up you go :bump:

I must apologize to you all. I just read one of my last posts and I truly did not word that right.

Some cases seem to hit me harder and this is one of them. Zahra Baker was another.

Please excuse my very insensitive wording on that post

I think LE will not charge Julia for child endangerment of Sky for leaving him in the car on November 6th because there is NO proof (other than her words which is worth NOTHING) that Sky was ever in the car. If they had proof that he was, I don't see why she couldn't be charged with child endangerment/abandonment and later upgrade the charges, should it be necessary.

With that said, WHY do they not charge her with child endangerment for the time she has admitted leaving MM home alone (ie 12-hour mediation)? That charge would have nothing to do with Sky, so what's the hold-up.

(respectfully snipped)

I am painfully aware that Caylee A. was found by the meter reader and the position of the skull was a major talking point for the defense - but the defense witness was not stellar in her presentation and blamed it on coyotes (that don't live in Florida). Honestly, I do not believe her testimony actually helped KC get off the murder charges.

BBM: Not that it mattered in Caylee's case because we all know that her egg donor put her where she was found, and a Coyote did not bury her....but there are coyotes that live in FL. I was born and raised in FL, other than 5 years of my 40, and have seen them myself. I'm currently in WA where the deer come look into my back window.

Here's a story from 2008 in Orlando with coyotes:
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/several-coyotes-captured-roaming-near-downtown-orl/nJj53/

Sorry for going O/T in Sky's thread.

I have been trying lately, with all of the recent reviews of previous threads (thank you everyone!) to find a way to better pinpoint what day Sky actually disappeared. I think most of us agree that Sky was gone prior to the day he was reported missing by JB, but before that there were no pictures or proof of him since June. Am I correct? I know that a neighbor remembers seeing both children in October, the 28th I think.

In thread 4, there were msm reports linked that stated that Sky's scent was INSIDE the vehicle, but not outside, leading investigators to believe he did not exit the vehicle in the area JB said she left him. But, JB borrowed that vehicle from her brother, I believe for ten days. So, seeing as Sky's scent was in the car, he could not have been missing for more than ten days prior to November 6th. I know that it has been hypothesized that since Sky's blanket was found inside the car, that would have provided the scent, but with JB's obsessive need to launder every item nightly, I find it hard to believe it would still contain enough of his scent to provide a hit. However, scents in vehicles, to my understanding, can be detected by SAR dogs even after several days.

In addition, I believe the neighbor who states they saw Sky, although, honestly, typically, I put little stock in supposed eye witness accounts. But, this one is different for a couple of reasons: I think that the family left their apartment so infrequently that sitings were rare and thus memorable. Also, and this is pure speculation, but I think it is likely that her neighbors were aware of JB's idiosyncrasies (she had been cited for late night vacuuming, the moving back and forth from the house to the apartment, perhaps fighting with SM, etc...), enough that she may have been known on the apartment complex as a bit off, making sitings of her even more so memorable. Again, this is all moo.

If you take both Sky's recent scent (enough to be detected by dogs) in her BROTHER'S vehicle (not her own) which she had only had for a short period prior to the disappearance AND the eyewitness account of the neighbor. And then add to that the lack of any Halloween pictures and the desperation from JB during the mediation (dragging it out, requesting trips to seemingly random places, etc), I think Sky disappeared on the 29th or 30th of October. My gut says the 29th.

Now, there was a great post regarding JB's Facebook posts and their relation to times of stress. I am so sorry, I don't remember who did it... There was a period of a week and a half (between october 23 and november 4) when she didn't post.

I know I am all over the place here... Any one else have any thoughts on my admittedly scattered musings?

I have been trying lately, with all of the recent reviews of previous threads (thank you everyone!) to find a way to better pinpoint what day Sky actually disappeared. I think most of us agree that Sky was gone prior to the day he was reported missing by JB, but before that there were no pictures or proof of him since June. Am I correct? I know that a neighbor remembers seeing both children in October, the 28th I think.

In thread 4, there were msm reports linked that stated that Sky's scent was INSIDE the vehicle, but not outside, leading investigators to believe he did not exit the vehicle in the area JB said she left him. But, JB borrowed that vehicle from her brother, I believe for ten days. So, seeing as Sky's scent was in the car, he could not have been missing for more than ten days prior to November 6th. I know that it has been hypothesized that since Sky's blanket was found inside the car, that would have provided the scent, but with JB's obsessive need to launder every item nightly, I find it hard to believe it would still contain enough of his scent to provide a hit. However, scents in vehicles, to my understanding, can be detected by SAR dogs even after several days.

In addition, I believe the neighbor who states they saw Sky, although, honestly, typically, I put little stock in supposed eye witness accounts. But, this one is different for a couple of reasons: I think that the family left their apartment so infrequently that sitings were rare and thus memorable. Also, and this is pure speculation, but I think it is likely that her neighbors were aware of JB's idiosyncrasies (she had been cited for late night vacuuming, the moving back and forth from the house to the apartment, perhaps fighting with SM, etc...), enough that she may have been known on the apartment complex as a bit off, making sitings of her even more so memorable. Again, this is all moo.

If you take both Sky's recent scent (enough to be detected by dogs) in her BROTHER'S vehicle (not her own) which she had only had for a short period prior to the disappearance AND the eyewitness account of the neighbor. And then add to that the lack of any Halloween pictures and the desperation from JB during the mediation (dragging it out, requesting trips to seemingly random places, etc), I think Sky disappeared on the 29th or 30th of October. My gut says the 29th.

Now, there was a great post regarding JB's Facebook posts and their relation to times of stress. I am so sorry, I don't remember who did it... There was a period of a week and a half (between october 23 and november 4) when she didn't post.

I know I am all over the place here... Any one else have any thoughts on my admittedly scattered musings?

I believe it was rougetete who is a brilliant poster, who noticed the facebook ramblings. IN fact on sky's balloon release we saw more posts by julia. SHe does seem to post in times of stress, I am sure there is a post where rougetete actually shows where points and times of interest do tally to the facebook account.

I believe but it may have been proved, that the neighbour sighting wasnt 100%. But we can gather that there was no recent photos of sky. Also JB's pictures on her fb account just show pictures of M, something that has always bothered me. In fact according to the web, june 15th was the last date shown on flickr photos.

I just wonder where she is, not even turning up to custody hearings, or even wanting to see M. She has also never been seen in public since. I think its about time she answered a few questions.

Thank you sky crew for all you do. It bothers me to think that this poor child will be lost forever and that his mother is free and simply doesn't care about him or about Little M.

I believe it was rougetete who is a brilliant poster, who noticed the facebook ramblings. IN fact on sky's balloon release we saw more posts by julia. SHe does seem to post in times of stress, I am sure there is a post where rougetete actually shows where points and times of interest do tally to the facebook account.

I believe but it may have been proved, that the neighbour sighting wasnt 100%. But we can gather that there was no recent photos of sky. Also JB's pictures on her fb account just show pictures of M, something that has always bothered me. In fact according to the web, june 15th was the last date shown on flickr photos.

I just wonder where she is, not even turning up to custody hearings, or even wanting to see M. She has also never been seen in public since. I think its about time she answered a few questions.

BBM. Thank you, UKGirl! That is so sweet! Here are the two main posts I wrote about it:

I've noticed something about JB's facebook page: she tends to post during times of high stress. Here we go:

March 10, 2010: thanks people on facebook for her birthday wishes
March 11, 2010: JB sends the suicidal text message and is involuntarily hospitalized

*There is a long facebook hiatus while JB is hospitalized and then getting a battery of tests and treatment at Navos Institution; 3 weeks after her discharge, the custody battle ensues and the facebook posts pick up again

September 27, 2010: thanks SO for some facebook pics
September 27, 2010: SM and JB appear before the courts and shared custody is rendered
September 28, 2010: JB rejoices on facebook that she was deemed "the primary parent" by the courts

August 28, 2011: facebook post
August 29, 2011: facebook post
August 31, 2011: I can't understand all the lingo in the court record, but JB is listed as a defendent in a complaint filed on this day in King County Superior Court; it refers to an unlawful detainer

September 21, 2011: another notice of unlawful detainer in the court records
September 22, 2011: facebook post

October 19, 2011: SVU "Missing Pieces" airs
October 19, 2011: JB posts on facebook

October 23, 2011: JB posts on facebook twice
October 24, 2011: JB offers to forego child support and move with the children

November 2, 2011: 12-hour mediation (children reportedly left unattended at home)
November 4, 2011 (at 1:28am): JB's last public facebook wall posting
November 4, 2011: JB backs out of custody agreement
November 5, 2011: REPEAT of SVU's "Missing Pieces"
November 6, 2011: Sky reported missing by JB

*It could all be coincidence, but if JB does post on facebook during times of high stress, then it is possible that the October dates she posted on facebook could be one of the days Sky actually went missing. Those dates are: October, 13, 19, 21, 23 (twice) and November 4th. It also narrows down the days LE would want to check the landfills to October 14, 21, 28 and November 4th

Gitana then asked if these were ALL of JB's facebook posts and I responded:

No, those were not her only posts -- I should have said that and thank you for bringing it up. Those were the posts that I was able to link to a date that was "high stress" for JB. I was trying to put on my "psychologist hat" and look at things from that angle, hoping to glean some new information. I thought that someone with OCD might resort to some kind of predictable stress release like surfing the internet....or watching a Justin Beiber music video.

JB didn't post daily and, up until mid/late August of 2011, she didn't post regularly at all. This is why I started thinking there might be something to the fact that she really upped the frequency of posts in August when everything REALLY started falling apart.

Here's the break-down of everything I have access to:

February 2010: 1 post
March 2010: 2 posts
April 2010: 0 posts
May 2010: 0 posts
June 2010: 0 posts
July 2010: 0 posts
August 2010: 0 posts
September 2010: 2 posts
October 2010: 0 posts
November 2010: 0 posts
December 2010: 0 posts
January 2011: 0 posts
February 2011: 0 posts
March, 2011: 1 post
April 2011: 0 posts
May 2011: 0 posts
June 2011: 1 post
July 2011: 1 post

And, then it all really picks up -- which is clinically very interesting to me:

Mid/Late August 2011: 2 posts and 2 changes to her profile details
September 2011: 8 posts (some are posted on the same day)
October 2011: 8 posts (again, some are on the same day)
November 2011: 1 post on the 4th, Sky goes missing 2 days later and all posts stop

I hope that helps in some way, Sky Crew!

BUMPING FOR YOU BABY!!!!!!!!

JB knows where you are. Lets find her!!!

Thank you!

I actually think Sky looks significantly older in the sink/watermelon/formula pictures than he did in the haircut pictures. His face is less chubby, less baby-looking and more little boyish, to me. If the haircut pictures were taken in June, then I would estimate the sink pictures to be about 3-4 months later. What do you all think? Could someone with better picture-posting-skills than myself do a side by side to compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck