TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a victim friendly website and for that reason I removed discussion and link to facebook not speaking well of Holly. Please don't link to or discuss the site.
Thanks.

Ima

Oh, yes, let's once again remember Jaycee Dugard and how she managed to survive.

Her innocent appearance might be making people think she looks 'child like'.

Oh I dont know. I look more or less like her and I dont think either of us look child-like. But its hard to say. I think its people just getting bogged down in semantics. child, young adult, etc. It needed a lable and someone said child... Could have come from just who took down the information. If a parent was giving out info they would say "my child"... I doubt a mom or dad would say "my young woman" was kidnapped.

... I removed discussion and link to facebook not speaking well of Holly. Please don't link to or discuss the site.
Thanks.

Ima

I assume not to discuss the PAGE on the SITE? Or Facebook THE SITE in total? Just clarifying

This guy could have stocked up on food and water and have her holed up in some cabin in the woods, a barn, an old deserted building, mobile home or house. This was obviously a planned abduction so he had to have been thinking about what he'd do with her when he got her.

I hope they've checked around with the stores for anyone who seemed to be stocking up on staples and water and have checked around with people from that area who own cabins or vacation homes in the woods.

Thanks for bringing the blood results back again Carla! I almost forgot about that "little" detail.

I posted on here in the beginning I wondered about that blood being Holly's, the perps. or intermingled.

Well, we all were talking about that.

She is listed on Missing and Exploited Children site as well...I mean, fine, more exposure the better, but she is 20, she is a woman.

They sure can be particular regarding how they classify these cases.

IIRC, sometimes it's about tactics/budgets/state vs. federal resources available for a specific classification of missing/crime.

It seems to me obvious that Holly is a young woman, and any move to classify her as a child may be a conscious decision to benefit the investigation with maximum response/funds, etc..

It's been frustrating on other cases to have to wait and wait and wait for the proper classification for the victim/crime to be granted...

I also had the thought that b/c she was a student and living at home with her parents ... they may have decided they definitely had this option for classification of Holly's abduction/kidnapping.

JMHO :cow:

4/19/2011

"We know there was a lunch pail," Gwyn said. "We know there was blood."

"It's our job to stay focused," Gwyn said.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...-Bobo-case?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"We’re looking for someone who probably lives in that general area or is familiar with that area. If she was led into the woods, he would need to know the terrain to get in and out," Helm said. "It’s a very small community. If she didn’t know him directly, she may have been familiar with him."

"Camouflage is very popular during turkey hunting season," Helm said. "It's a very common pastime here."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/1...clues-disappearance-holly-bobo/#ixzz1JyyWL2us

There, current up til now, so we have LE statements and family statements up to this point. I may find a few strays here and there, but that's everything I found on first pass...and it only took me 9 hours. WOW. Sadly, things aren't much clearer than they were 9 hours ago.

Ok need to get dressed and take my walk to the grocery store. Hang in there y'all and take care!

Has any mention been made of them using bloodhounds? If so, were they able to trace her scent and to where?

I'm grateful for any coverage they can get, like I am on any missing case, but I wonder why there was an Amber Alert...she is not a child, and I was not aware that Amber Alerts were issued for adults. And she is listed on NCMEC...is this because of who her cousin is, or just because she resembles a teenager?

This guy could have stocked up on food and water and have her holed up in some cabin in the woods, a barn, an old deserted building, mobile home or house. This was obviously a planned abduction so he had to have been thinking about what he'd do with her when he got her.

I hope they've checked around with the stores for anyone who seemed to be stocking up on staples and water and have checked around with people from that area who own cabins or vacation homes in the woods.

Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper kept her in the woods for weeks. The searchers were within 100 ft from her at one point. She could hear them calling her, but they didn't find her. :(

I hope that they check and double check the area looking for Holly. I have heard many, many times that the second or third time they search an area they find something.

Oh I dont know. I look more or less like her and I dont think either of us look child-like. But its hard to say. I think its people just getting bogged down in semantics. child, young adult, etc. It needed a lable and someone said child... Could have come from just who took down the information. If a parent was giving out info they would say "my child"... I doubt a mom or dad would say "my young woman" was kidnapped.

I found this!

For the plan to be activated, (1) the child must be under age 18 (but older children may be considered on a case-by-case basis), (2) law enforcement officials must determine the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death,

I'm grateful for any coverage they can get, like I am on any missing case, but I wonder why there was an Amber Alert...she is not a child, and I was not aware that Amber Alerts were issued for adults. And she is listed on NCMEC...is this because of who her cousin is, or just because she resembles a teenager?

Well, according to the new health laws, she is still considered a "child". Hmmm. I am just glad that every tool available is being used.

I'd have never guessed you look like her....from your feet I'd think you had dark hair...that's what I get for guessin', I guess. :)

edit: Or maybe those aren't your feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member