TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought it was a stranger, then someone she knows, now I think its someone she may have seen before but not necessarily know them...in other words, I don't have a clue...:)

I think it's someone who's seen her and visa versa, and perhaps talked to her, liked her, and wanted to date her, but was outside of her dating parameters....JMO I've said enough to some, that I may have to turn in my 'seer's' badge if I'm wrong...lol...

Won't you think someone of that sort would have made prior advances that were spurned before he went into abduction mode? Unless he was an experience criminal who knew doing so would be a give away...

That's possible. But she might not have mentioned it to anyone.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/19/authorities-search-underwater-clues-disappearance-holly-bobo/

Authorities are scouring ponds and lakes using high-resolution underwater imaging in their search for a 20-year-old nursing student abducted outside her rural Tennessee home.

A police spokeswoman told FoxNews.com Tuesday that law enforcement is searching underwater as well as in Natchez Trace State Park for any sign of Holly Bobo, last seen being led into the woods outside her Parsons, Tenn., home Wednesday morning.

She was targeted. He knew family routine. He had a plan. She knew him/was acquainted. I am still thinking along these lines. :cow:

Newbie posting here. You all do such a wonderful job!

This case is really bothering me. Having grown up in a small town myself, I just feel that someone HAS to know something, either strange behavior by someone in the community or a stranger to the community...SOMETHING! I keep hoping that it's just a case of LE not wanting to let info out.

My prayers are with Holly's family and friends.

Newbie posting here. You all do such a wonderful job!

This case is really bothering me. Having grown up in a small town myself, I just feel that someone HAS to know something, either strange behavior by someone in the community or a stranger to the community...SOMETHING! I keep hoping that it's just a case of LE not wanting to let info out.

My prayers are with Holly's family and friends.

:wagon:

Welcome to WS, MnM!

And now, LOL, thanks to your nick, I need some chocolate. ;)

These comments seem sincere in setting the record straight, I believe them to be accurate. What do you guys think?

Posted by:
momtofivegirls Apr-14

She has a few comments, read the one about the top suspect missing.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/comments?type=story&id=13371580
I wonder why the police would share with her who the top suspect is? I think she is probably just hearing rumors like us. That said, sometimes rumors turn out to be true.

I don't think she is with us any longer :(

The only reason I can think of them searching a lake or a pond is to locate a body or human remains.

These comments seem sincere in setting the record straight, I believe them to be accurate. What do you guys think?

Posted by:
momtofivegirls Apr-14

I don't think that this post is accurate in several ways. Without going into details, the post was made 5 days ago, and a lot has changed since then. Just the headline of Holly being "dragged" into the woods has been disputed now.

Have any of Holly's nursing classmates, friends or church friends mentioned any thing that would stand out as someone stalking Holly. Maybe someone acted in a way to make her feel uncomfortable? I keep running possibilities in my head and there are so many that it is hard to fixate on any particular reason for her being taken. I just keep praying for her safe return. She didn't apparently put up a huge struggle against her kidnapper if she managed to hang onto her lunch bag, etc. I think she is one smart gal and may be trying to keep the kidnapper from getting angry. In other words, she is playing along and just trying to stay alive. Smart gal....that is what I would do...bide time and give more time for the searchers to locate her. I am praying.

jmho
Lady Sleuth

I think it's someone who's seen her and visa versa, and perhaps talked to her, liked her, and wanted to date her, but was outside of her dating parameters....JMO I've said enough to some, that I may have to turn in my 'seer's' badge if I'm wrong...lol...

...Or it could be the work of a sexual predator/offender.

That's possible. But she might not have mentioned it to anyone.

That is why I hope they have survelliance tape showing someone engaging her in conversation or just people watching her in the different environments she was in.

Have any of Holly's nursing classmates, friends or church friends mentioned any thing that would stand out as someone stalking Holly. Maybe someone acted in a way to make her feel uncomfortable? I keep running possibilities in my head and there are so many that it is hard to fixate on any particular reason for her being taken. I just keep praying for her safe return. She didn't apparently put up a huge struggle against her kidnapper if she managed to hang onto her lunch bag, etc. I think she is one smart gal and may be trying to keep the kidnapper from getting angry. In other words, she is playing along and just trying to stay alive. Smart gal....that is what I would do...bide time and give more time for the searchers to locate her. I am praying.

jmho
Lady Sleuth

If any friends had mentioned it, we don't know about it.

I don't think she is with us any longer :(

The only reason I can think of them searching a lake or a pond is to locate a body or human remains.

...You have said this in a number of posts in different threads. You may be right. But we simply don't know. There isn't a one-size-fits-all outcome for abductees and imo we should remain positive until we have a substantial reason not to. The pond search is a grim reminder of the possible outcome of the case.

Posted by:
momtofivegirls Apr-14

I guess I read "local so I know them" stuff posted on-line with a big blue box of Morton's When it Rains it Pours. JMHO

Just FYI & a nice thing about WS - Here at WS, locals, friends, family to a case (as well and "experts" in a certain area of knowledge) can volunteer to be verified as locals by WS management. Until they are verified, they can't put forth their opinions as expert or local or related to the case. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01