TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It SHOULD be, but what happens when it isn't? What happens when no professionals are called in (and btw, your run of the mill LE, including field feds are not professional SAR either)? OR what happens when they are called in and then stop?
Yeah, in a perfect world, that's how it SHOULD work, I've discovered too many dead missing persons later, that it is far from perfect. As a veteran SAR responder, I firmly believe that pros should be out there doing it, it's what we train for, but guess what, when we don't get the call out, then I believe anyone who is willing to do it should get out there and try and find that missing person. Should they gather some knowledge first? Yes, and that's why I spent the last 9 months trying to create a resource guide for just that purpose. Do I hate to see people going out and destroying evidence? Absolutely, but in the absence of experience, well, anything is better than nothing.

As a veteran myself --- been there done that. However, that is when a competent and professional search team makes contact with LE and talks with them about the resource(s) that they offer and what they can do.

If it is true about the different LE organizations that are responding to this case, then hopefully there will be the experience there who will bring in the necessary resources. If not, then see paragraph one and hope that LE will agree to bring in help.

As a sidenote (to possible others but not sarx who knows this) --- destroying evidence can cause a wealth of harm, including impeding the return of the missing individual; ruining evidence that might be used to 'get' the abductor; ruining evidence that could otherwise be used by a specialty team to locate the missing person and / or be used to locate the abductor or perpetrator.

There are pros and cons on this issue for sure.

But, what if Billie had called MB's house that evening/night? Maybe he knew she wouldn't?
That's bugged me as well. How did he KNOW she wouldn't call? BD hasn't said anything about him dissuading her from calling. This is one of the little points that helps me keep an open mind about SA.

Question: (way over my head) The terrain in the area: is it varied enough that Le will be able to tell where the automobile has been driven recently by the bits and pieces of plant life, dirt type, they may find on the tires and up under the car.

Sorry if this is already up,

More than a week ago, 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn vanished from central Texas without a trace.

The last person who saw her was her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Akins, who reportedly says the girl was going to her dad's house and then would spend the night at her friend's place.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20455693,00.html

Apologies to the poster who mentioned something upthread about LE not busting peeps for pot (wish I could remember who said that).

Anyway, just read this & it looks like LE isn't concerned with that so that's a good thing!

Dean said officers were told to look specifically for the missing teen, adding that authorities aren’t interested in illegal activities unrelated to Dunn’s disappearance.

“Part of finding Hailey is finding out where she is not,” Dean said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/07/residents-authorities-searching-for-hailey/
The page has now been removed . . .

When I saw her on NG yesterday I was very concerned about her. In two days, she didn't look like the same person. I pray she is eating a little and drinking a LOT of fluids. I know her friend is posting here so please let her know she needs to keep up her strength. Bless her heart.

:praying:

I must agree!!! you can tell she has not slept, i bet is eatling little if anything, certainly alot of tears, add in the stress of LE interviews etc let alone a daughter missing....

OK I am thinking that if BF IS guility...why didn't he say Hailey was already gone when he got there? They only have a 15-minute overlap anyway as far as his statement goes, I believe. And since no one else seems to have seen anything, he could have just said he never saw her. He wasn't expected to be there, so no one was watching the clock.

One reason I can think of is that IF the BF said he hadn't seen her, then she would have been reported missing on Monday night. There wouldn't have been an entire night and half the next day without anyone aware she was gone.

Isnt the guys last name Bivens who is in charge of the LE side?

One reason I can think of is that IF the BF said he hadn't seen her, then she would have been reported missing on Monday night. There wouldn't have been an entire night and half the next day without anyone aware she was gone.

Then that means SA KNEW Billie wouldn't call and check on Hailey.

That's bugged me as well. How did he KNOW she wouldn't call? BD hasn't said anything about him dissuading her from calling. This is one of the little points that helps me keep an open mind about SA.
I've thought about this too, & maybe somebody in that position, WOULD expect her to call, but when she didn't, just went with the flow.

yes they are very active.

so someone could hop a train and be gone? I know when i was a kid a group of guys i knew would do this hop a train and ride to the next town.

I can't get a feel for SA at all. His statement is not unbelievable in itself, if he had passed messages to her mom before. And I guess I could see Billie getting home late and tired and not calling MB's, especially if (she thought) Hailey slept there often, or if Hailey slept at her friends' homes often when on school break. With the other child gone as well, they had the house to themselves.

But it really bothers me if indeed he lost his job or quit that day. That is such a textbook kind of warning sign. And we never like coincidences.

I want to hope it is not him, for Billie's sake, but at this point, no matter who it is, it's not looking good for Hailey. I just want Billie to still at least have her man :(

There is an temporary chief who was originally in charge, don't know if he still is or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288